Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Australia / New Zealand Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Australia & New Zealand Prison & Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Australia & New Zealand Prison & Jail Discussions If the topic is a prison or jail in either of these countries, this is the place to discuss it!

Old 04-09-2019, 04:00 PM

Default How to get back stuff seized by AFP

Hi everyone. My husband has just been taken to MRRC last Friday. He has been sentenced for almost 2 years. After he was taken into custody from court, I found it very difficult to cope. I felt like functioning on autopilot. I had to get home by myself, luckily I was able to call a friend who was with me till I got home. But the first night was the hardest, I barely slept at all. It is only my husband and I here and it gets lonely at times. All our families are overseas and we haven't really told anyone what happened except his mom.

When he was arrested, the AFP took some of his stuff and confiscated them. But it was stated in court that they were not returning his laptop only. However, they also took his phone and passport. Does anybody know how to get them back? He is mainly concerned with our family photos on his phone which is why he wants to get them back. We asked our solicitor but he hasn't gone back to me about that yet so I was wondering if anyone here has gone through the same experience.

Thanks so much for this forum. Reading posts from others helps me become more familiar with this situation I am in.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2019, 07:20 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,772 Times in 16,032 Posts

I'm sorry your questions haven't been answered, and I don't know the answer for Australia....but I do want to welcome you to PTO.

I hope you are able to get his property returned

patchouli, PTO Admin