Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, community service, half-way houses, and ex-offender employment in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:33 PM

Exclamation Any info on Detroit Reentry Center?

My Lo is currently waiting at Charles Egler to be transferred to DRC for a program for violation of parole ... He was told he has to complete the program before he is released but his parole was granted!!! Does anyone know how long this process could take before he is able to come home or any information about the program would be helpful. He is thinking around 90 days and supposed to be transferred there tomorrow morning .... Also we are trying to get an interstate compact completed before he is released because he has no place to stay in Michigan ... All his family is here in TN anyone have any suggestions on how to get this process rolling in order to make sure it's approved before his release date ... Thank you all in advance any information will help!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2017, 06:14 PM

My son is at DRC for a violation and had to take a class of some sort. He's been there since January and won't be done with the class until June. Not sure if it's the same class...
Old 04-25-2017, 03:05 PM

Now they have him housed at Clinton county jail with a hold on MDOC so I'm guessing he is waiting placement on the program to be transferred? Any ideas?
Old 04-25-2017, 03:51 PM

Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts

What's the program called??? Is it RSAT??? If so it's a six month very hard program.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:42 PM

He said they havent told him what the program was he just knows it's a the Detroit Reentry center.. is there anyway I could find out which program he is waiting to be placed in?
Old 04-26-2017, 04:38 AM

My husband just said that's they only program there it's called RSAT and it's pretty intense there and they are strict. You also can't visit there either.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:52 AM

RSAT/ASAT (they have both programs there) is a very tough program. One mistake and they are out and violated and WILL go back in on a flop. Can't get a ticket, cant' screw up in class. Can't miss a class. Can't miss a call out. My son has seen more than a few people get kicked out and flopped (returned to prison until their ERD and then they could get flopped again...since they are back inside and have to see the board again).
Old 04-28-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiedoo2 View Post
RSAT/ASAT (they have both programs there) is a very tough program. One mistake and they are out and violated and WILL go back in on a flop. Can't get a ticket, cant' screw up in class. Can't miss a class. Can't miss a call out. My son has seen more than a few people get kicked out and flopped (returned to prison until their ERD and then they could get flopped again...since they are back inside and have to see the board again).
Just recieved the news that he isn't doing a program at the DRC anymore he is just doing the IDRP program at Clinton county jail for 30-45 I believe God is great so thankful for his.. he will be home soon! Has any of your LOs every been through the IDRP program for parole violation ? If so how long was the stay and what is the process like? Also he has been trying to reach his parole officer to get his interstate compact completed before he is released do any of you know what they will do with him if it's not completed before his release date? He has no where to parole to in Michigan has to come to TN.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:41 AM

IDRP is easy it's only 30 days and he has to go through his counceler at the jail in order to reach his parole officer. I don't think their to good at answering calls from jail.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnwhit View Post
Just recieved the news that he isn't doing a program at the DRC anymore he is just doing the IDRP program at Clinton county jail for 30-45 I believe God is great so thankful for his.. he will be home soon! Has any of your LOs every been through the IDRP program for parole violation ? If so how long was the stay and what is the process like? Also he has been trying to reach his parole officer to get his interstate compact completed before he is released do any of you know what they will do with him if it's not completed before his release date? He has no where to parole to in Michigan has to come to TN.
How did they tell him he was going to DRC and then now he's not and he's going IDRP???
Old 05-02-2017, 12:22 AM

nygirl I honestly have no idea how this got switched up im guessing he just assumed he would be going to DRC for the program but now he is at clinton county in the IDRP program and im trying to find out as much information as possible from his parole officer because im not sure if this is the only program he has to complete or if there are any others before he is released.. I know they wont give me very much information but my LO has no way to contact him to find out whats going on and hasnt received any news from him what so ever... they basically arent telling him anything he has also wrote several kites to meet with the counselor at the jail but still no response he needs to be able to get in contact with his parole officer ASAP to get his interstate compact process started before he is released because otherwise he will either end up on the streets or in a halfway house until the process is completed and I know it can take a while to do so... any information on who I should contact in order to get the paperwork to him as soon as possible and get the ball rolling would be really helpful thank you
Old 05-02-2017, 05:34 AM

If I were you I would call the jail myself and ask to speak to his counceler and tell him the situation and ask him what you should do. Ask him to call you as soon as possible. Give him a few hours and if no return call call him back and if that don't wok ask to speak to the sheriffs office and tell them that you need to know who you should speak to about the interstate compact and tell them that he's made several attempts to reach someone and noone has responded. Other then that I'm not sure. Have you tried to call his parole officer???

Last edited by nygirl17; 05-02-2017 at 06:16 AM..
Old 04-26-2018, 10:16 AM

How l9ng is the asat program?
Old 04-26-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachlyn View Post
How l9ng is the asat program?
My husband just did asat it was supposed to be 12 weeks but he finished in 9