Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:33 PM

Default Parole questions

I have no experience with this so Im just wondering. What is the process when an inmate is at a halfway house working and gets released from there because of overcrowding or gets paroled? My boyfriend is up for parole February 2019 but we keep hearing things that it could be sooner because overcrowding. Either way Im just wondering how it goes after - do they have to live a certain place once free? Pay fees / see P.O. for a length of time/ do they stay in the state the are released in etc? Any info you have I would appreciate it! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2018, 09:49 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,612 Times in 14,970 Posts

If he isn't even eligible for parole until February 2019, he will not be released any earlier than Feb. 2019. An exception being if he's approved for parole (parole hearing will be sometime in December 2018) his release date will be Feb. 1st, 2019.

If he isn't approved for parole, depending on the length of his deferment (flop), he could be released on Mandatory Re-entry Supervision at 6 months before his serve-out date...often its more like 8 months Its treated like regular parole with PO visits, supervision fees, and drug testing fees.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 03-25-2018, 09:55 AM

Thank you for that information! I wonder why the worker at the half way house told him he could be released earlier? Do they parole you to a specific state? Specific place? For example if he got out & stayed with his family could he then move in with me or do they have to stay at the same address a certain amount of time? Thanks !
Old 03-25-2018, 12:35 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,612 Times in 14,970 Posts

The decision whether or not to allow him to move after release on parole will be up to his PO or between his PO and parole of the other jurisdiction (if applicable) as I understand it. I will say that PO's do not like their parolees to change residences right out of the gate. The timeline may differ PO to PO but best guesstimate: stable, working, passing all UA's, paying fines and/or restitution if its owed & reporting for PO appointments at least 6 months.

He will need an approved Home Plan before being released from the HWH. Some states allow inmates top parole as "homeless," but I'm not sure if Ky does or not and/or what the criteria is to parole as homeless.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-25-2018), Wallflower78me (03-27-2018)