Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 03-18-2006, 07:50 PM
2008 Club Member #4

I have just been through the process of filing for his divorce, it was an uncontested divorce in NY. I did it myself, it took a little while but it can be done and it's not that hard. Here's the link to start with getting the forms and instructions. He applied for a fee waiver and it was granted, they reviewed his last 6 months of inmate account records and decided he "I" could afford $25. It was well worth it, I got the final decree today and we're starting the process to get married ASAP. PM me if you have any specific questions.

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/litiga...ce/index.shtml
Old 03-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Account Closed

Anyone have information on how my man can file for divorce or how I can help him do it? We are in Texas.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Account Closed

DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS: My man is filing himeself for divorce in Texas. Does he have to pay child support while in Prison? Does anyone know how to fill out the support order when he has no income and no way to get a job because he's locked up?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:42 PM

can they argue for visiting rights from prison?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Account Closed

Does anyone know how long the respondent has to sign the waiver of citation and do they send it back to you or the court? How will we know she signed it or not and what to do if she doesn't?
Old 04-08-2006, 12:03 AM

my finnce child suport starts 30 days aftter he gets out his divorce was in tarrent count TEXAS
Old 04-08-2006, 12:05 AM

you have 30 days after the file date to get it back into the court clerk best way is to have him sign and send it back to you there is legal aid in tx so call them they have forms and help for you

Last edited by templeslady; 04-08-2006 at 12:07 AM..
Old 04-08-2006, 12:55 AM
California Dreaming

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 1,474 Times in 750 Posts

yes you can fight for visitation. my loved one is in the process og that fight right now. he did his own paperwork. in california legal documents get processed within 5 days

Old 04-26-2006, 07:44 AM
luvinmytattooman

Anybody know the laws for a prison inmate to get his divorce in the state of N.C.?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:56 AM

What I want to know is, how can I get a divorce from my husband in Michigan? If anyone knows, the information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Account Closed

Call the Clerk of Court or the law library for your district. I was able to do my divorce on my own using forms from our county law library.

Dawn
Old 04-27-2006, 10:51 PM
RachelisJims

Hi all, Jim was married here in Utah, but he is now in Florence Colorado, at the F.C.I. Holding. I'm not sure where to begin to help him get the paper work going. I told him to contact the Chaplin, at the prison, but I'm not sure if there's anything I can send him on my end?? I'm in Utah also. Can anyone help???? Oh they have also one daughter that is Jims and a Son that isn't Jims, plus they have been seperated 9 yrs now..Any help will be greatly appreciated..
Old 04-28-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesGyrl
What I want to know is, how can I get a divorce from my husband in Michigan? If anyone knows, the information would be greatly appreciated.
i divorced mt x while he was locked up in michigan what do you need to know hun? i will try to anwser any questions

Old 05-26-2006, 10:25 AM

Does anyone out there have info on how to file for divorce in Ohio.. My BF is in prision can he do it for free... Please help.. The sooner we can be married...
Old 06-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Hes back in...uGH!!!!!

my man is locked up upstate new york and he filed 4 an uncontested divorce she was served by certified mail she signed the little green card stating she received the papers and the card got mailed back 2 him with her signiture now the court in dutchess county,new york said that we have 2 wait exactly 40 days 2 see if she signs the papers and sends them back or doesnt bother at all my question is if she doesnt sign them or even if she does and sens them back how long should it take from the 40 days 4 the judge 2 grant the divorce and do u think that the case looks in his favor? because she doesnt care about him she never did she only used him 2 make someone else jealous i know this girl personally and they have no kids in common matter of fact she had a kid from some 1 else while she was still married 2 my man but he put 4 a divorce on the grounds of abandonment cuz adultry would take a longer time 2 go through is that true it will go faster with the whole abandonment issue?also when the divorce is granted what do he need 2 do 2 get his last name back from her because i do not want her keeping her married name??? help please
Old 06-06-2006, 01:36 PM

my man is in an alabama correctional facilitie and he wants to get a divorce. he has two kids and she wont let them see him. how can we go about get the divorce and is there anything we can do to make her let the kids come?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:46 AM

A friend of mine that lives in another state has asked me to try to find out some information about completecase.com and if anyone had used this before to get a divorce. She also wants information on how the paperwork would be delivered to him here in Alabama. Can it be sent by registered mail?

If someone has any other on-line site recommendation it would be greatly appreciated.
"I've seen fire and I've seen rain I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend But I always thought that I'd see you again" :love: (Joey came home on November 16, 2005)
Old 06-12-2006, 12:56 PM

Does anyone know about divorce in prison if I live in MO and he is in a facility in IL??? Please help
Old 07-04-2006, 09:38 AM

Hi All,

I just found out that my husband is still married to his second wife. Does anyone know a good inexpensive attorney or that can point me in the right direction to get an innulment.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:25 PM

does anyone know anything about okla divorces,my husband said he was going to file for it but dont know if he was s eroious,how can i find this out before the papers
Old 08-01-2006, 04:27 PM

Default divorce in texas

My friend is trying to get a divorce. He was married by proxy in Texas.
The person who he married is hiding from him because she gets money from the VA as he is a diabled veteran. He has no address for her and the money is direct deposit to her bank. He hired a lawyer and the lawyer acts like there is nothing he can do without an address. I have heard you can get a divorce even if the other party can not be located. The agreement was that she would send him a small portion of his VA benefits and she could keep the rest. She sent nothing and the last communication was " I will ride this horse until it breaks a leg ". Now he is trying to settle with the VA for a large amount of money and if he doesn't get a divorce quick she will get most of it. Any advise for him out there?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:31 PM
We're Gonna Make It!

Does the inmate need to file for divorce in the state where he's incarcerated, or the state of his legal residence?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:36 PM

In the state of Ky the inmate has to file in the state they were married. As as far as VA benefits in Ky they are suspend while the person is locked up. Hopefully this inmate will not have to repay those benefits that his better or worse half which ever it may be is collecting. Contact the Prison Warden or chaplin to find out the rules for the divorce process for that state.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:22 PM
We're Gonna Make It!

Thanks Jimmyswife! I'll have him look into it with the warden/ chaplin.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:58 PM

has any one tryed going to libary get the law book " divorce" and follow the proceder, there. My new husband that is incarated wrote up my divorce to my now ex-husband . I had to go to the court house vital record pay a fee , ( fee's may very from state to state ) then being incarated you might have to get aletter head from the prison that tthe inmate is in and the work from there. Second my husband that is incarated said that the inmate can apply for a divorce in there . So if ya'll are in agreement with this then talk and i pray for the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to aminea06 For This Useful Post:
Oh.315 (08-07-2018)