Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > AUSTRALIA / NZ PRISON FORUMS > Aus/NZ Prisons - Regional Listings > Western Australia
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Western Australia Discussion and information relating to WA Prisons

Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 AM

Default Hakea Prison, Perth

Hi i was wondering if anyones partner is in hakea, im going out of my mind hes been there since sunday and i havnt heard from him we have a 1 yr old daughter together and im just so concerned about his welfare...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Donation Award 

Hi, I haven't had anyone in Hakea for a while but they would have to have money on their phone account before being able to call perhaps he hasn't money on his account yet? Have you tried getting in touch with the prison to inquire that he is ok and find out about maybe putting money onto his account? You will probably find that posting in the Australia/NZ forum will help you get more specific help from people with loved ones also in Hakea. Hope you hear from him soon and alls well.

Helen Keller
Old 05-20-2010, 06:28 AM
I love my doofas!

Thanked 7,157 Times in 3,740 Posts

Hi there, welcome to PTO

I'm not familiar with Perth's prisons unfortunately so I cant help you out.. but if they're anything like ours down here than it takes a while before their phone account is set up - sometimes a week or two. So try not to stress out too much - I'm sure he's thinking of you guys just as much.

PM me if you need to chat to someone...hang in there.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:02 AM

You may be able to visit. Why don't you ring the prison and ask (it would have to be during one of their set visiting times and you have to book in). If you Google Hakea Prison visits you'll find more information about the visits phone number and visiting times. Ask about the rules for visits (dress rules etc) so you don't have any problems being allowed in. I also agree with what others have said - it takes a little while for them to be able to make a call. It doesn't mean he's not ok. And they do need money put into a prison account to be able to make calls, and also to buy some extras such as snack foods. If you go for a visit you can tell them at the counter that you'd like to deposit money into his account, which is the quickest way for him to get access to it (or you can usually just go to the prison and 'deposit' it into his account without visiting - but check what times they're open for you to do that). Or you can go to the post office and get a money order and send it to the prison. It's best to call the prison first and ask their procedure. I hope you can make contact soon to ease your mind.