Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Alderson Federal Prison Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alderson Federal Prison Camp Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison Camp for women in Alderson, West Virginia.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:12 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,496 Times in 12,954 Posts

Many RX medications are dispensed for 1 month in advance, not at a pill line. You will learn how yours will be provided when you arrive at Alderson.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Many RX medications are dispensed for 1 month in advance, not at a pill line. You will learn how yours will be provided when you arrive at Alderson.
Thank you so much
The Following User Says Thank You to Boonite For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-20-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 01:28 AM

Default Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdolphin View Post
HELLO All... I was just recently at Alderson FPC for six months. If you have any questions, let me know and I may be able to help you out with an answer.
This thread has helped me so much I keep seeing at different places photo stubs, can you explain?
The Following User Says Thank You to Boonite For This Useful Post:
Endings (02-25-2019)
Old 08-26-2018, 10:17 AM

Default Ss 09/13/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonite View Post
Thank you so much
Can you tell me about clothing, and can I wash my own clothes
Old 08-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

The only thing I can think of for photo stubs are the $1.00 photo tickets sold at the commissary for visiting room photos, and the rare "group photo days", which the SIS agents use to try and figure out who prisoners were associating with.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 08-27-2018 at 05:53 AM..
Old 08-26-2018, 07:34 PM

Smile Other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdolphin View Post
HELLO All... I was just recently at Alderson FPC for six months. If you have any questions, let me know and I may be able to help you out with an answer.

What is the uniform you wear?Slacks and button top shirt? Can I receive mail in letter size envelope?
Old 10-13-2018, 06:38 PM

Default Alderson FPC

How many people are in a cubicle? Why earplugs? What is the bustop sleeping area like? What about bathrooms & showers like, doors or no doors? Is it a safe/no worry place? how is the staff? How is the overall environment of the inmates, are they easy to get along with? I am scared & freaking out about possible coming there....end of this month. What should I do when time to eat with everyone? Who is the 1st person to contact or get to know, if there is a certain specific person, I've heard find the person that can get you everything? What if too far for visitors? Please help. Freaking Out. Have you been to Marianna Camp, can you compare if so?
Old 10-14-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtolife View Post
How many people are in a cubicle? Why earplugs? What is the bustop sleeping area like? What about bathrooms & showers like, doors or no doors? Is it a safe/no worry place? how is the staff? How is the overall environment of the inmates, are they easy to get along with? I am scared & freaking out about possible coming there....end of this month. What should I do when time to eat with everyone? Who is the 1st person to contact or get to know, if there is a certain specific person, I've heard find the person that can get you everything? What if too far for visitors? Please help. Freaking Out. Have you been to Marianna Camp, can you compare if so?

Camp??? Freaking out? I don't know about camps or Alderson, but from someone who spent over 4 years in Loretto FCI and having gone through processing at OKC and Canaan, just take a chill-pill, stay alert, keep your wits about you, and the most important thing is NEVER give out information you are uncomfortable with giving out until you KNOW the persons you will "hang with". Be easy going, get a radio & headphones (good to drown out the "noises" (stupid conversations/other crap) that you'll hear every hour of every day, and develop a routine. I don't know how much time you have, but camps are the bottom run of the ladder in the BOP. Most never get to camp. I didn't as an S.O., despite only have 3 points on my record the entire 4+ years in the system. Chill, and good luck.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:14 AM

I was assigned to Alderson for 18 months I have been out for 5 years long story. I just lost my appeal. I now have stage 3 breast cancer I have had surgery but I need to be monitored for 5 years with CT and MRI I have no breast so mammograms don't work. Will they send me to Alderson now? I have been out for 5 years never had any issues on pre-trial probation but it counts for NOTHING. I am most concerned about food and my anti-cancer diet that I do. I am vegan and eat 80% raw veggie diet, I juice veggies and take lots of vitamins etc. I need to keep up my anti-cancer diet. ANY advice is appreciated. I still work part-time at a restaurant. I am 59 yrs old.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:12 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Appendix 5, page 78 of this 2018 DOJ Inspector General's audit of bop medical care rated Alderson a Level 2 medical provider. FMC Carswell, the female medical center is a Level 4 provider. The differences are explained in the report.
https://oig.justice.gov/reports/BOP/a0808/final.pdf

You still have time to learn the correct care level facility necessary for your diagnosis. A lawyer or doctor should have a better chance to receive honest answers from the bop. You may also get help from Federal Cure.
http://www.fedcure.org/index.shtml#.XHqZ-ohKjb0

Once you know the correct care level, the bop designation office in Grand Prairie Texas should be notified, in writing, and/or a motion filed with your sentencing judge.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/grand_prairie/
Old 03-02-2019, 09:22 AM

Thanks my issue is I want to stay on my healthy anti-cancer diet any way I can do that?
Old 03-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Probably not at a camp since special diets are very limited. At the medical center there are more options available. Even so, it may be impossible in the bop, especially the fresh vegetables, but since you were in bop custody once, you know what is served in the chow halls. I got fresh tomatoes once in 5 years, and that was before the "salad bars" (mostly canned peaches) were cut out everywhere except the medical centers.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:29 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,401 Posts

Sadly, Fbopnomore is accurate about food. I think your level of sentence gives you an opening to fight for delay or house arrest, if the court is willing. The level of nutrition available in the BOP will be detrimental to your continued health. All things being equal, Alderson will probably be the best option.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-03-2019), Mary2059 (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019, 10:18 PM

Thanks, I hope to speak to my court-appointed attorney soon.