Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:42 PM

Default Wedding Ring Cost/Jewelry

Hello,

I was reading that some states require that a wedding ring must be under $200. I want to know what is the wedding ring price I must stay under when dealing with OK DOC? Also, are inmates allowed to wear other jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc..

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2009, 12:29 AM
there's a rainbow after..

I don't know about any price regulations in OK. (how would they know??) But the ring can't have any stones...just metal. As far as I know, they can't wear any other jewelry except a watch. My knowledge is relatively limited, but that is the experience we've had so far. (Hubby has been locked up for 8 months)

I hope that helps!
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity. ~Konrad Adenauer
Old 07-25-2009, 04:50 PM
My promise was TILL DEATH

Oklahoma department of corrections states that an inmate may have one plain wedding band and one religous artifact ie; cross necklace, roseary, ect. OKDOC does not allow inmates to have wedding bands that have stones (diamonds).

Old 07-26-2009, 07:47 PM

Has Anyone ever got Married at (C.C.A.)(Diamondback Correctional Facility)?? Can Someone tell me what we need to do!! I hope someone can answer my question!! You can PM me also!!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:45 AM
MY LOVEBUG CAME HOME!

When I got married in December they didn't mention a price limit. Its like brownsuga said it has to be a plain band no stones and nothing engraved either. They can wear a watch and a religious type necklace. As far as I know thats it. Good luck on your upcoming wedding!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:16 PM

Thank you ladies for the information!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:50 PM

Default The only reason for the limit is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2three View Post
I don't know about any price regulations in OK. (how would they know??) But the ring can't have any stones...just metal. As far as I know, they can't wear any other jewelry except a watch. My knowledge is relatively limited, but that is the experience we've had so far. (Hubby has been locked up for 8 months)

I hope that helps!
The price thing is more that DOC will has a limit to what it will pay to replace the ring if it would be their fault it was to get lost in a move or something like that.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:52 PM

Default Marriage in prison

We wanted to wait until we got him home. Could be a long bid.....So wanted to hear how the process goes inside. He is at Davis. What advice, thoughts suggestions one can have?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:12 PM

Hey friend.....
The love of my life is at Cushing - Cimarron (might as well be Davis) - I think they are both about the same anymore........I used to think DAvis was great....but anyway.....

We just filled out our Marriage Application......You have to go through 6 weeks of counseling together at the prison (get to sit across from him for 2 hours for 6 weeks in a row) ......BUT........for me I can't because if I'm starting a new job, I can't take off work 1/2 a day to drive for 6 weeks....every Thursday....

Anyhow, you have to fill out the application, once it's approved from the Chaplain, and the Warden, you then wait, ON THEM, to tell you what's going to take place........then you and your love, will go to the courthouse, file the papers together, sign the certificate, and then go back to the facility, and have the ceremony the same day, you will get a 30 minute special visit and that's it.....then you will get yoru standard visit for whatever level he's on for regular visiting day.....

Here's the link from DOC website for the marriage stuff....
http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/op090128.pdf
http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/090128ac.pdf
http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/090128ab.pdf
http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/090128aa.pdf
http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/090128ad.pdf

Hope this helps!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by julirw View Post
We wanted to wait until we got him home. Could be a long bid.....So wanted to hear how the process goes inside. He is at Davis. What advice, thoughts suggestions one can have?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lamar'sBigSexy For This Useful Post:
julirw (03-15-2010)
Old 03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
salazar's wife

Smile marriage

It was a little different at James Crastree. First Ray had to make the application and then when it was approved by the Chaplin, Warden, and his case manager we had to get premarital counseling for 6 hours him inside and me outside by a preacher. And the bride had to pay for the marriage license and had to arrange for the preacher to come to the facility to perform the ceremony. But before that we went separately to the courthouse to sign the marriage license. The license only cost 5.00 because we got the counseling. so I had to make a separate trip to Cherokee County Courthouse to pay for the license. The first time we tried in March of 2004 the warden denied us because we hadn't known each other long enough. And if you had it on a regular visiting day After the ceremony you could visit the normal 8 hours for level 4. And we could have two from my side and two from his side to be at the ceremony. They stopped letting the inmates have one of their buddies stand up for them. so I had my two oldest daughters and he had his sister and brother-in-law. We had the ceremony in the chapel at the prison. And one of the guards took our wedding pictures. I had to provide a floppy disk to put them on. And then we went to our regular visit. We had to be at the prison by 8: 00 am. but we are going to renew our vows when he gets out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bikerbaby45 For This Useful Post:
ghostsbabygirl (03-16-2010), julirw (03-15-2010), Lamar'sBigSexy (03-15-2010)
Old 03-15-2010, 05:52 PM

Your a jewel! Thanks for the info and links. Now I'm not sure how they would work the counseling as I'm in Washington state. We have known each other for 33 years but just reconnected over three years ago and been on his visit list for going on three years.
So will you be supplying your own chaplain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar'sBigSexy View Post
Hey friend.....
The love of my life is at Cushing - Cimarron (might as well be Davis) - I think they are both about the same anymore........I used to think DAvis was great....but anyway.....

We just filled out our Marriage Application......You have to go through 6 weeks of counseling together at the prison (get to sit across from him for 2 hours for 6 weeks in a row) ......BUT........for me I can't because if I'm starting a new job, I can't take off work 1/2 a day to drive for 6 weeks....every Thursday....

Anyhow, you have to fill out the application, once it's approved from the Chaplain, and the Warden, you then wait, ON THEM, to tell you what's going to take place........then you and your love, will go to the courthouse, file the papers together, sign the certificate, and then go back to the facility, and have the ceremony the same day, you will get a 30 minute special visit and that's it.....then you will get yoru standard visit for whatever level he's on for regular visiting day.....

Here's the link from DOC website for the marriage stuff....
http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/op090128.pdf
http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/090128ac.pdf
http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/090128ab.pdf
http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/090128aa.pdf
http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/090128ad.pdf

Hope this helps!....
Old 03-15-2010, 06:07 PM

Yes, we will be supplying our own minister....I filled out all the paperwork and sent it back to the Chaplain......I hope everything goes well for you...it should not be an issue.....you have to be on his visiting list for at LEAST 6 months, so that should not be an issue at all....

Quote:
Your a jewel! Thanks for the info and links. Now I'm not sure how they would work the counseling as I'm in Washington state. We have known each other for 33 years but just reconnected over three years ago and been on his visit list for going on three years.
So will you be supplying your own chaplain?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:28 PM

What are you guys going to do about the counseling?
Quote:
Yes, we will be supplying our own minister....I filled out all the paperwork and sent it back to the Chaplain......I hope everything goes well for you...it should not be an issue.....you have to be on his visiting list for at LEAST 6 months, so that should not be an issue at all....
Old 03-15-2010, 07:36 PM

Darrell is going to do the counseling there at the prison with the chaplain, and I'm going to have to do it outside here by myself, and then tey are going to give me a certificate showing it's done........hate it, but that's how it's gotta be, I don't have a job, and can't commit to 6 week road trips right now.....and only do the counseling 1/2 way through and give them ANY REASON to cancel our marriage! Ya know?

Quote:
What are you guys going to do about the counseling?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:50 AM

How long do you expect the process to take?
I'm glad to know they will work with you on the counseling!!! A concern of mine being out of state.......
Quote:
Darrell is going to do the counseling there at the prison with the chaplain, and I'm going to have to do it outside here by myself, and then tey are going to give me a certificate showing it's done........hate it, but that's how it's gotta be, I don't have a job, and can't commit to 6 week road trips right now.....and only do the counseling 1/2 way through and give them ANY REASON to cancel our marriage! Ya know?

Last edited by julirw; 03-16-2010 at 09:52 AM..
Old 03-16-2010, 12:24 PM

I figure a couple of months...we were set and ready to go on November 21st, ON THE DAY OF THE LOCKDOWN.....DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and here we are 4 months later back to square one!

Quote:
How long do you expect the process to take?
I'm glad to know they will work with you on the counseling!!! A concern of mine being out of state.......
Old 03-16-2010, 07:51 PM

An excersize in patience this darn penal system............

Quote:
I figure a couple of months...we were set and ready to go on November 21st, ON THE DAY OF THE LOCKDOWN.....DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and here we are 4 months later back to square one!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:40 PM

Do you think DOC would allow my fiance and I to get married if I'm in the military?
Old 05-23-2010, 09:02 PM

Default Marriage at Davis Correctional -

Ok....
Now that my Baby is at Davis, guess we are going to try and make application there....Has anyone been married there? Or made application there?

We tried to get married at Cushing, and the chaplain said "I DO NOT DO Black/White Marriages" - - Can you believe that? - - Well, anyway, we aren't there anymore, so we don't have to deal with that...but isn't that messed up?

Hopefully we will have better success at Davis.......Any info would be most helpful...
Thanks
Leslie
Old 05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
AKA BouksGirl

WOW!!!!!!Thats ridiculous. My mom and step dad got married in Davis...I will ask her what she had to do...although that was 5+ years ago. And they were a black/white marriage! What a jerk to say that!!!!

Last edited by Anewme25; 05-23-2010 at 09:34 PM..
Old 05-23-2010, 09:57 PM

He really said that?? WTF?!? For real???

Ok, that is just downright appalling that those words can be spoken out loud by some one in a public position of authority.

I guess living the past 25 years in California has made me forget the racism that is still alive and well in some parts of the country.

Sorry that happened, and I certainly pray that was an isolated occurance.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:00 PM

Anewme25:
Isn't that CRAZY??? And he's a jerk anyway - ex felon - and he's real creepy anyway - I've never met him but Lamar said he's that way...

Thanks so much for your help, any info would be great!........

I just want to be his wife, now more than ever...I'm so tired of not getting "anyone to talk to me" - I even had someone say at Cushing "Mam, we have over 700 inmates here with "fiances" - - -I'm like, could you be any more crappy????? God, that place is a nightmare....

Thank God he's gone from there....
Old 05-23-2010, 10:04 PM

Yep, Lamar's never lied to me before, and I am SURE he wouldn't make that up....

Yep, I think so too....it is downright appaling....but that is just PRIME EXAMPLE of how people are at Cushing.....Downright almost neanderthal/draconian

Well, I'm just glad we are away from there...I really find Davis to be a blessing for us - even if it seems twisted...I'm glad to get back to the spot where we fell in love....where we met....We've almost come full circle now.......Maybe this is where the gates will be open and he can come home to my arms...........I'm continuing to pray for that.......
Old 05-23-2010, 10:05 PM

Lamar's I think you should make a complaint somewhere along the line. There was a judge down south that refused inter racial marriages last year and he got his ass fired. It is not up to the chaplain to decide who may or may not marry. If you want to marry and have met all the requirements they can't pull crap like that.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:09 PM

Juli:
I'm DONE with Cushing....I have pity on them...Shame on them for being how they are........I have sympathy for the people coming in after us, but I am DONE, FINITO, FINSHED, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, nothing, over and out, done with Cushing....

We are moving on to bigger and better things.....Sanity for my baby......Out of HELL ON EARTH..........onto MORE MILD Hell on earth! -

But maybe if we were still there, then you bet I would have, but as I've said, shame on them.........he's a jerk, and I will pray for him for his soul...