Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:54 PM

Smile Half time and 33%

Hi I was wondering if anybody knows about half time & the 33% my man got sentenced to 6 years with half with 228 days credit . In May just left reception in wasco last week currently at Donovan . Release date currently says 12/21

Also how much time does GED take off ?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2019, 10:05 AM
His Girl ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devyy View Post
Hi I was wondering if anybody knows about half time & the 33% my man got sentenced to 6 years with half with 228 days credit . In May just left reception in wasco last week currently at Donovan . Release date currently says 12/21

If I was told right, for each class one takes and passes, it's like 3 weeks off their total time.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:19 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,303 Times in 2,353 Posts

Half time is what you should go by. He'll get credit for classes and other milestones as they go along. 33% only applies if he winds up in a minimum security facility or program (such as fire camp) and only applies to the time served there, not the whole sentence, so don't worry about 33% unless he gets classified to a minimum security program/facility.

Remember, he has to behave. He can lose time for write-ups.

-Eric

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-21-2019)
Old 09-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devyy View Post

I believe getting your GED takes off 6 months. Getting your AA takes off 6 months as well.