Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:49 PM

Default Hello from Green Country

Hi everyone, I am very new to this site, just a few months ago, I happened to stubble across it, and it has been very helpful, thanks so much moderators!

I live in Eastern Ok. But I travel to Rosharon, Tx to Ramsey 1 Unit.

Is there anyone here that needs to share a ride with me or vice versa?? I am a Christian Lady. I am 48 yrs old. I also have another lady that travels with me also. It's nice to have a few people to share expenses with.

I hope I get to know all of you ladies here in the Oklahoma forum.
PHILLIPIANS 4:13
"ALL CAN DO ALL THINGS THRU
CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS ME"

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Donation Award 

Hey u and welcome !
Old 12-03-2013, 12:36 AM
...and the winds blew!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopdriver View Post
Hi everyone, I am very new to this site, just a few months ago, I happened to stubble across it, and it has been very helpful, thanks so much moderators!

Is there anyone here that needs to share a ride with me or vice versa?? I am a Christian Lady. I am 48 yrs old. I also have another lady that travels with me also. It's nice to have a few people to share expenses with.

Welcome to PTO and the OK forums, coopdriver! Gosh you have to drive a really long way for your visits. Bless you! Do you do it as a round-trip or get a hotel room for the night? It must be a grueling trip, esp. if you are doing it alone. I'm originally from the McAlester area, but I moved to north Fort Worth a few years ago after my hubby passed away. I have a son at the Lexington Minimum Unit and I can't even drive that distance on a round-trip alone anymore. I do hope you find someone to share rides with you!

Last edited by whitewolf2751; 12-03-2013 at 12:58 AM..
Old 12-13-2013, 08:11 PM

Default Hello to all you PTO members

My son is in the Oklahoma prison system and was only 15 when he was sentenced and is in his 18th year of life with the possibility.

He was moved to New Mexico after serving 10 years. Because I live in Georgia, I was only able to visit with him twice in 8 years. He was in Lawton for a few months before he was transferred to Lexington from Lawton. He isn't in A&R, but in the camp there. Upon arrival at Lexington, he was placed in the hole for having some tattoo. I have no idea what the tattoo is as I only learned of this after a friend of his called and told me. The friend also told me there was no write up involved.

I am going to Oklahoma on a week and hope and pray I will be able to visit with him.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopdriver View Post

You might also post in the TX forum if u haven't already. Good luck!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odelljrg
hello everyone, my name is Linda, I am 47 yrs old, and happily married.
I do volunteer work at MBCC, each week. Also I have a letter ministry nation wide, writing to inmates and their families. I have seen many lives changed in the prison, and
have learned alot myself through volunteering. I have had the pleasure to help other ministries too at the facility, like Kairos, Billy Graham with his Operation Starting Line events, Mike Barber Ministry, Bill Glass ministries, and many other local ministries.
there are many hurting people behind bars, but also there are lives that have really been changed and transformed through faith in Jesus Christ. And there is nothing like seeing hope and excitement for living come back into the hearts of these women.
They are truly free even while in prison. free in heart, mind and soul. and I thank you for letting me share my excitement about it.
Hello, I have my sons best frien in mbcc , and soon my sons baby mama , also my son is in NEOCC , the girl there now is crystal barnes , do u know her ?
Annette
Old 02-21-2014, 03:25 AM

Default OK Intro

Hi Everyone,
My husband has been in the camp at El Reno since May, 2013. I live in Denver and have a 10 year old. We visit about every six weeks. I'd love to have some contact with other "Family & Friends" with a loved one at El Reno. This experience is so very sad for me. It's especially difficult to see the pain my daughter goes through. I guess I could use some cheering up.
Thanks
Old 03-14-2014, 12:48 AM

Default Help Support Communication

Last edited by movingthrough2; 03-14-2014 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: Done twice.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:39 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm new here today. My inmate is in Canadian County Jail in El Reno, OK.

Have any of you gone to visits there before? I'm planning to fly in to visit next month (live on the west coast), but want to have a good idea of what to expect since there is a lot of planning required.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:53 PM
inmate jen

my name is inmate Jennifer and am going to mable bassett its my first time in prison can someone tell me what to expect any former mable bassett inmates on hear to talk to
Old 09-18-2014, 09:29 AM

Default mbcc

hello,
yes I have 3 girls there, there are a lot of different classes to take there, there is not a lot of violence there ,I have not heard horror stories from there,
Ann
Old 10-31-2014, 09:20 AM

Hi my name is Karin (SpecialK9) and I live in California and I have a loved one at Dick Conners Correctional in Hominy Oklahoma. I'm looking possibly to relocate to Oklahoma to be closer to him. I currently travel to see him every other month. I'm grateful for this forum...I think I would have been lost without it. Just knowing you are not alone is so important.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:23 PM

Hi Karin Welcome. The support and wisdom of others going through this is very important and makes such a difference.

No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has escaped the kingdom of night- Elie Wiesel
Old 04-20-2015, 08:16 PM

Hello everyone. My son is an Oklahoma inmate for the past 7 years. I am hoping and praying he will get out next year but as I have learned it may not happen. My son was harshly judged in part for his own actions but also because he wouldn't give the names of others involved. He got blamed for it all. I am 50 years old and have his ten year old twins, a boy and a girl. Because their mother is not involved in their life (my son did not tell on her so she is a free woman), their Daddy is all they have besides Papa and I. I've had the twins since they come from the hospital. I came here trying to find information on the min security they just sent him too. My heart bleeds everyday for my son to be home but I have to keep it together for his/my kids. I've been reading allot in the forums and some stories are just heartbreaking. While I am trying to find strength for me I hope I can be of support to others. Thank you for listening.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:29 AM

kidrox, My son is in vinita oklahoma NOECC, where is yours ?
Old 04-22-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer8 View Post
kidrox, My son is in vinita oklahoma NOECC, where is yours ?
He is in J Lilley in Boley. I am so thankful he has been moved. He gets to spend allot of time outside now if he wants. I was sick with worry about him in the maximum security he was in. It's nice to meet you and i hope your son is doing ok. I've been a member here for several years but really just started posting here.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:14 PM

Hello, I'm just beginning a relationship with Mi King in OSP.
New to this prison life. I live in Orlando, FL... Mi name is Arion... Hi everybody
Old 10-29-2015, 12:02 PM

Default uhm hi

Hi, I'm Courtnee. And this is the first time I've ever dealt with anything like this. Sadly it's thanks to my husband. This is also his first time dealing with anything like this. I posted a thread before I saw this. So sorry about that.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:38 PM

Question

Hello, as you can are from my user name I've been with my man for 6 years he's been in 10 he's only been to floor different places but I have some questions so I'm here.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:47 PM

Default lookung for friends who understand being involved with an inmate

im a 40 with a 15 son at home my fiancée is currently at larc being processed he is doing a 10 yr sentence he was charged with manslaughter which is an 85% bur the laws have changed on that and earning good time so im not really sure how much he will have to serve any clarification on that be helpful.....im new to all this I have never been in trouble and no noting about the legal system i misss my man like crazy its numbing sometimes and the judgement of people is unreal....so if u live around Tulsa or bartleaville area hit me up I need friends to lean on and help me thrust the process
Old 10-29-2016, 11:01 AM

My son has been in Pottawatomie County jail for 14 months. He was sentenced September 22 to 10 years ODOC 5 in and 5 out (non violent). My understanding is he will be up for parole after serving 20 months. With good time credits I've calculated his parole date as February 1, 2017. What if he hasn't been transferred to LARC by then? Can he be paroled from jail?? Thank you for your help in this matter.