Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 03-02-2003, 10:48 PM
Closed

Default My first visit at USP Lee

I went for my first visit this weekend to see Amir in USP Lee, Va. Saturday, I flew from Dallas to Charloette and then on to Tri-cities airport in far NE Tennessee. I arrived too late to visit Saturday. I had called the La Quinta for reservations and they told me I didnt need any because they were no way close to full and I could use my airline discount.

When I arrived at Tri-cities airport, I went out to the front and say a sign that said, "courtesy shuttle". So I stood under it for the courtesy bus to the hotel. The hotel van came and breezed past me several times. I was sooooo mad, I called and complained. They finally came and picked me up. When I got to the hotel, they comped it and it was free. It was a very nice hotel, my guess is about two years old. The rooms had lots of stuff like internet access thru the tv, nintendo, and of coarse movies. I was so nervous I didnt sleep. I had arranged for Bobs Limo service to drive me to the prison (50 miles) due to some medical restrictions on my drivers license.

I got up early and had the free breakfast. They had waffle irons and you could make your own waffles. Yummi! And then my car came. It was an older man in an almost as old ford. lol So much for Bob's "Limo" service. But he was sweet and we talked the whole time there. The ride was $75 each way.

I got to the prison expecting a no contact visit, only to find out we had a contact visit.....and PICTURES!!!! Damn, us ladies need to know these kinds of things BEFORE so we can be prepared. We visited for six hours. It was a good visit and we were able to talk thru a bunch of stuff.

The visiting room was practically empty. With the prison being so far back in the woods, most families cant visit as often. They had nice sized tables and the chairs werent as bad as some I have had to sit on for six hours.

All and all it was a good visit, but I got back to Texas so exhaused, I called in for a vacation day tonight insead of trying to work.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2003, 11:01 PM
Banned

Girl I didn't even know you were going! So glad you did! And wow what a trip! I'm really happy for you. Sounds like you had a great visit! And I love it when the visiting rooms are empty!

Beck
Old 03-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Closed

Yeah, it was definately last minute planning. I had been thinking about it and Saturday morning he starting calling me getting on my case, so I got my poop in a scoop and ran out the door. I am glad I did now. This being the first visit after our last huge major tremendous falling out, I was reluctant to go. I am very glad I did now.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:28 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,876 Times in 2,052 Posts

(((((((((fly)))))))))))
I had no idea you were going to visit either! I am sooo glad you had a good visit, and that you and Amir got your 'differences' worked out!
I luv ya girl, and only want the best for you! Glad you had a safe trip ....

Jodygirl
Old 03-02-2003, 11:44 PM
Closed

Thanks Jody, but we are still not all the way thru this. I think we are just going to wind up friends. At least I hope we do.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:09 AM
In struggle & In strength

fly i am glad that your visit went so well. hang in there.

Kristen
Old 03-03-2003, 12:37 AM
DOING TIME WITH TODD

Fly, glad you had a good visit.......that was great about the free room part!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 12:59 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,247 Posts

Fly, glad things went so well. I'm proud of you for going, I know that couldn't have been easy in the first place... and very glad things turned out nicely and y'all worked some stuff out. Best to ya, friend...
Old 03-03-2003, 01:37 AM

fly,

i am so glad you got to visit with amir! i am always exhausted the day after my visits.

kim
Old 03-03-2003, 03:29 AM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,658 Times in 349 Posts

Fly,

Glad that it was a good visit and a contact visit to boot! That was I am sure a really nice surprise and it makes it much more special...

Enjoy your day off and rest up!

The Prison System is Broken
Old 03-03-2003, 04:09 AM
Old Fart Now

Glad you got to see him and I hope you feel better now.

Ernie is in the Jail over there in Jonesville... hope to be going there next month to pick him up...

HOW COULD YOU SNEAK OFF without us noticing???

Tanya
Old 03-03-2003, 05:48 AM
Here and there

Glad you had a nice visit Fly

hugs,
Cindy

To love means loving the unlovable.
To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.
Faith means believing the unbelievable.
Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.
-G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Been here forever

I didnot know she was gone either. Fly, my heart goes out to you, and no matter what you both decide, at least you both will have some closeure. oops , sp. lol
Old 03-03-2003, 09:25 AM
Frenchy Member

Glad you had a good visit Fly !!! Now we're expecting the pics !!!
Old 03-03-2003, 09:33 AM
Closed

Thanks to everyone. I am just looking for the right way to ask him to just be friends. I believe in my heart he would like that also, but just doesnt know how to ask. Now if I am the first to say it, his pride may kick in and that would be that. But anyways, Ill keep you guys updated.

Luc, I had no idea our guys were so close, I definately would have invited you.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:54 AM
Frenchy Member

Fly, none of you has to ask the other for being friends !!! A real true friendship is built up day after day out of love trust honesty and sharing, and "pride" has nothing to do with this !!!!

Phil
Old 03-03-2003, 10:23 AM
Closed

Phil, I meant that I was wanting to ask to move from a romantic relationship to a friendship. In my heart I believe he would like this also, but from past experiences dealing with men, if I am the one to broach the subject first, he will take it as rejection.

One more thing that I forgot to mention in my original post is he read the quaran to me in arabic. I love when he does that. We had a very nice discussion on islam and christianity.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:27 AM
Frenchy Member

I "think" I understand what you mean. I wish you all the best Fly, but please think of you too !!!

All my love
Phil
Old 03-03-2003, 11:04 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Fly.....I didn't post earlier because I wanted to think about this one......but you know me...well at least I think you do...I will always speak my mind.

YOU must be a much better woman than I am.....I could NEVER stay friends with a man who hurt me as much as he has hurt you. I don't have it in me.

Please rethink what you are doing......if you want a prison relationship thats fine...but there are a lot of men who are more deserving and respectful.

Mrs. D
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 03-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Closed

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and our opinions are based on our own life experiences. The only two people who know what goes on in Amir and my relationship is Amir and I. The reason I didnt post before I went for a visit is because I didnt want to catch any heat. One of the main reasons I did post about my visit is because I wanted to let anyone else who may have a loved one in that prison know how I got there, where I stayed, and my general overall impressions of the visit.

I am not asking anyone else to understand the bond that I have with Amir. All I ask is that you respect my ability to make a decision.

Just to put it out there.....Yes, I put more money on his books after the visit. I dropped $500 in the mail there at Jonesville, Va so he would get it as soon as possiable. He never asked for the money. I did it because I wanted to.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:42 PM
DOING TIME WITH TODD

Fly.........girl you do what makes you happy .......regardless what anyone thinks
Old 03-04-2003, 06:40 AM
Closed

Thank you Sherron.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

I APOLOGIZE.....

AND WILL KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT FROM THIS POINT ON.. IT IS YOUR LIFE
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 03-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Closed

Mrs D, I know if you didnt care you wouldnt say anything.

This is so damn hard guys. I know he has been a real shit. I haven't even told you guys EVERYTHNG. There are somethings I with hold due to their very private nature and I know it would hurt his feeling immensely if I discussed them in the open.

I am here for support in my relationship with Amir. It is getting to the point that I don't want to post anything about us. If I am not herre for support with my relationship, then why am I here?

I am going thru a similar thing with his mother right now. He has told her a bunch of bad things about me (mostly that I wont visit him) and now she has a chip on her shoulder when I talk to her. Last time we spoke, she actually hung up on me. I tried telling him that bringing his problems with me to her was his business, but he needs to realize that she will wind up less forgiving that he and it will affect the way she deals with me. It is his mother and he can do what he wants, but I just wanted to let him know how I felt.

So, then I come here and the same thing. I tell you guys the bad stuff and because you care about me and don't know him, you hold a grudge longer than I do. It is human nature. I know that it wouldn't happen if you didn't care about my well being.

You guys are the ONLY ones in my life I can talk to about this. My family won't hear of him. My friends think I've lost it.

When I first wrote Amir, I had absolutely NO intentions of starting a romantic relationship. But, it happened. Now I am trying to get thru this the best I can. I am not totally innocent in this. I left him 3 times. Each time I did, I just stopped writing and stopped answering my phone. He was left hanging with nothing but questions. This last time I went back, things changed. I could tell he not longer was as loving as he once was. I am not saying I deserve this treatment, I am just saying it was not always like it is now.

If it does not work out between us, I will never again give myself the opportunity to fall for an inmate. It is too hard.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:35 PM
Donation Award 

Fly,It's really your business and your life.Do what makes YOU happy. Best Wishes.....Valerie