Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyluck33 View Post
So they are back to normal?? As in can message and call still or only for a few hours?
I think its back to normal... but Im new so Im still just figuring out what normal is. But they can call and email again
The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonDawn For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-11-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2018, 06:01 PM

Does anyone know why visits are still suspended? I looked at the bop atwater site and it still says visits are suspended until further notice
Old 06-12-2018, 08:40 PM

Default Back down

Hey everyone,

I received a call yesterday and a couple messages. But I think they went back down again today at some point. I got a call from a family member that said they were just coming off lockdown so phones and computers are still down. Letters do still get through during lockdown, but no visits. Hope this helps. I will keep you posted if I hear anything.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenericjones View Post
Hey everyone,

I received a call yesterday and a couple messages. But I think they went back down again today at some point. I got a call from a family member that said they were just coming off lockdown so phones and computers are still down. Letters do still get through during lockdown, but no visits. Hope this helps. I will keep you posted if I hear anything.
Yeah I heard that too, or that they "close the phones" so that theres only one phone and one computer for an entire unit available
Old 06-13-2018, 09:32 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,484 Times in 12,947 Posts

The no visit banner is still up today.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/atw/
Old 06-13-2018, 03:03 PM

So are they back down again?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladyluck33 For This Useful Post:
MssWilliams (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 04:57 PM

Has anyone heard from them today??
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladyluck33 For This Useful Post:
MssWilliams (06-15-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Has anyone heard from them today??
I havenít heard anything today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrs_hines822 For This Useful Post:
Ladyluck33 (06-14-2018), MssWilliams (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 08:14 AM

Pls let me know if yíall do
Old 06-15-2018, 01:36 PM

I had been hearing from my man, but yesterday he mentioned there was another fight, the COs were running here and there, and he thought there might be abother lockdown. Havent heard from him last night or at all today (we usually email throughout the day so this is out of the ordinary) so Im thinking they locked down at least part of the prison again
Ladyluck33 (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 02:04 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Pls let me know if yíall do
Im not allowed to post URLs yet but in the Meeced Sun Star, they say theres been a couple incidents again
Ladyluck33 (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonDawn View Post
I had been hearing from my man, but yesterday he mentioned there was another fight, the COs were running here and there, and he thought there might be abother lockdown. Havent heard from him last night or at all today (we usually email throughout the day so this is out of the ordinary) so Im thinking they locked down at least part of the prison again
I havenít heard from mines since Wednesday night.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrs_hines822 For This Useful Post:
Ladyluck33 (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 04:07 PM

The FBOP website says ďvisitation suspendedĒ they are back on lock down since today. What happen is a big fight yesterday morning around 7am an inmate got injured and a guard. You can google it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MssWilliams For This Useful Post:
CrimsonDawn (06-15-2018), fbopnomore (06-15-2018), Ladyluck33 (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_hines822 View Post
I havenít heard from mines since Wednesday night.
I havenít heard from mine since Wednesday night either
Old 06-15-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MssWilliams View Post
The FBOP website says ďvisitation suspendedĒ they are back on lock down since today. What happen is a big fight yesterday morning around 7am an inmate got injured and a guard. You can google it.
Why I was so excited when I saw visitations were open again, I was going to see my baby for the first time tomorrow since he left a month ago. So sad and terrible, I'm so upset.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBean13 View Post
Why I was so excited when I saw visitations were open again, I was going to see my baby for the first time tomorrow since he left a month ago. So sad and terrible, I'm so upset.
I am so sorry hun. I will say a prayer for you that since no one was seriously injured, they lift the lockdown soon and you can go see you baby.
fbopnomore (06-16-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBean13 View Post

Iím sorry to hear that. My man been there since October last year and with in three days of him being there they went on lockdown for almost 3 months till end December. Then January it was on and off ever since. Only in May till last week June they been off lockdown for a month which is a record lol But that place is on on lockdown at least twice a month! There is always some fight going on and one inmate even took his life oh and another escaped. You can find it all on google if you google usp Atwater news.
The Following User Says Thank You to MssWilliams For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-16-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 01:14 AM

They won’t even let me see my man there. Or get married since I can't visit. They said my background has something on it but I have never been convicted of anything so idk what they are even talking about . Has anyone heard anymore about what’s going on as far as how long they think this time?
Old 06-17-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
They wonít even let me see my man there. Or get married since I can't visit. They said my background has something on it but I have never been convicted of anything so idk what they are even talking about . Has anyone heard anymore about whatís going on as far as how long they think this time?
I am so sorry to hear that!! They didnt specify? How awful!! I hope you can get that cleared up somehow, because unless its a felony charge, I dont expect they refuse guests. To your question, I havent heard anything but since a staff member was injured (albeit minor injury) Im expecting a longer lockdown than the ten days they just finished on June 11. Im hoping it is lifted quick though, because no one was seriously injured and there was no threat to the public
Ladyluck33 (06-17-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I am so sorry to hear that!! They didnt specify? How awful!! I hope you can get that cleared up somehow, because unless its a felony charge, I dont expect they refuse guests. To your question, I havent heard anything but since a staff member was injured (albeit minor injury) Im expecting a longer lockdown than the ten days they just finished on June 11. Im hoping it is lifted quick though, because no one was seriously injured and there was no threat to the public
I have been fighting them since January they tell me they canít tell me anything over the phone and they wonít tell my man anything. But the counselor said the new warden might approve me hopefully and he comes in like July I think. I really really hope they come up soon he ended the last message mad ugh. And mail takes so so long to actually get to him atleast a week or 2 so he doesnít usually even get mail I send on lockdowns until after lockdown is over .:
Old 06-18-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
I have been fighting them since January they tell me they canít tell me anything over the phone and they wonít tell my man anything. But the counselor said the new warden might approve me hopefully and he comes in like July I think. I really really hope they come up soon he ended the last message mad ugh. And mail takes so so long to actually get to him atleast a week or 2 so he doesnít usually even get mail I send on lockdowns until after lockdown is over .:
That is so frustrating!! Im really hoping the new warden can provide some answers for you as well as some new direction to help you be able to see your man. I understand completely, my letters take about a week or two to get to him, and same for his to get to me... last lockdown, I got a letter he had written on the first day of the lockdown on the day it was lifted. It is incredibly frustrating-- I feel like we get punished too Like I get they are repaying a debt to society.. but what did we do wrong And if they werent involved in the incident, its unfair too. Sorry just venting.
Have you, or anyone else, heard anything about how long this one is going to last? I can only surmise it will be longer than last one because they had JUST come off a lockdown for fights, and this time a staff member was injured. But has anyone heard anything a little more certain?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonDawn For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-18-2018), Ladyluck33 (06-19-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 10:45 AM

I just got an email from my man. I’m not sure if the lock down is lifted or that it is modified lock down.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MssWilliams For This Useful Post:
CrimsonDawn (06-18-2018), fbopnomore (06-18-2018), Ladyluck33 (06-19-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 11:00 AM

Just got a phone call from my fiancť.. he said the phone and computer have crazy line ups rn but he managed to call... so I guess lockdown is lifted or theyre on step-down!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonDawn For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-18-2018), Ladyluck33 (06-19-2018), MssWilliams (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Just got a phone call from my fiancť.. he said the phone and computer have crazy line ups rn but he managed to call... so I guess lockdown is lifted or theyre on step-down!
That's great news!!! I got a letter today and my bf said it was his last stamp since he didn't get commissary on lockdown. Hoping and praying he will get it this week so he can at least write. And maybe they will open up visitations for this weekend!! So sad because my man was supposed to be at the camp, but a codependent who he testified against is there, so he is waiting for a transfer which isn't close to being processed. He has been in the SHU for exactly 5 weeks. So terrible. I just want to see him. Lots of prayers for our men and for all of us too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LittleBean13 For This Useful Post:
CrimsonDawn (06-20-2018), fbopnomore (06-19-2018), Ladyluck33 (06-19-2018), MssWilliams (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
That is so frustrating!! Im really hoping the new warden can provide some answers for you as well as some new direction to help you be able to see your man. I understand completely, my letters take about a week or two to get to him, and same for his to get to me... last lockdown, I got a letter he had written on the first day of the lockdown on the day it was lifted. It is incredibly frustrating-- I feel like we get punished too Like I get they are repaying a debt to society.. but what did we do wrong And if they werent involved in the incident, its unfair too. Sorry just venting.
Have you, or anyone else, heard anything about how long this one is going to last? I can only surmise it will be longer than last one because they had JUST come off a lockdown for fights, and this time a staff member was injured. But has anyone heard anything a little more certain?
I agree we most def get punished. About the mail omg I canít believe how long it takes now I mean sometimes it takes 3 weeks to a month for him to get my Letters I never say anything bad I never try anything in them so I donít understand it Iím in Oklahoma and heís in California so itís crazy he said that something about they might be locked down tomorrow have you heard anything about that? And girl vent away we all need to vent probably most people donít understand our situations.