Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > When the Relationship is Over...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

When the Relationship is Over... This forum is about discussing your thoughts, feelings and issues now that you and your incarcerated (or formerly incarcerated) loved one are no longer together. (This forum is NOT for bashing - please read the rules before posting.)

Old 05-24-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared48 View Post
I had to handle it that way because I would have been bitter the rid of my life and I wouldn't have trusted anyone because I would have still have had my ex-girlfriend on my mind. I did not want to put a future girlfriend through that. I had to call my ex-girlfriend and tell her what and how I felt about the situation.
You will find someone who is better than her in every way. for you are worth better. I have made a closer with the guy who fooled me completely. I just wrote what I thought and thought about him. important you get out of what you feel so it becomes a little easier to move on. You are strong..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mejramkap For This Useful Post:
Mama33 (05-30-2019), missingdee (05-24-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2019, 09:07 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mejramkap View Post
You will find someone who is better than her in every way. for you are worth better. I have made a closer with the guy who fooled me completely. I just wrote what I thought and thought about him. important you get out of what you feel so it becomes a little easier to move on. You are strong..

And I know that I will find someone else. I am not worried about it at all.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:20 PM

Any update? Did you end things?? Just wondering...
Old 05-31-2019, 09:08 PM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,103 Times in 15,529 Posts

Yes, he said it was over a page back or so.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 05-31-2019, 10:09 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,655 Times in 8,022 Posts

Quote:
Yes, I am about 22 years older than her but her son's father is 20 years older than her and they were together for like 5 years. That just tells me that she likes older guys.
And it tells me that you are old enough, though perhaps not yet mature enough, to stop playing games-- even with yourself.

If you're trying to avoid it in the future-- I'd say stay away from folks who have a history of skirting the truth/law. They might be a little more conniving than you're prepared for. Keep money out of the relationship. At this point in your life, you have the option to date women who are established and able to care for themselves. Paying for a mutually satisfying dinner is one thing, supporting them is entirely different.

You've ended things, you're resolute in not sending her money, there's zero need to spend another moment bashing your head in wondering how you could have made it go right or what her long-term scheme is. She had no intentions of being an equal partner and all of the figuring in the world won't make that make sense.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Crazychick12 (08-19-2019), Cutepixie (09-08-2019), maytayah (06-03-2019), missingdee (06-01-2019), MizzyMuffling (05-31-2019), sidewalker (06-01-2019), Zanna (07-24-2019)
Old 05-31-2019, 11:47 PM
Donation Award 

Go no contact. Dont answer her calls. Dont waste your tears on someone who wont cry for you. If you keep calling and asking questions they are laughing at you. Very sorry but face the truth and stop believing lies
The Following User Says Thank You to shragon For This Useful Post:
Crazychick12 (08-19-2019)
Old 06-01-2019, 12:10 AM

Things will get better with time if you don’t have any contact with her.
I was delusional and had cognitive dissonance when mine got out and things starting going to hell.
I think the same thing is happening with you.
It’s just really hard to accept and we do understand what you’re going through, many of us have gone through it as well in varying degrees.
Best of luck to you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nawlinsrainy For This Useful Post:
maytayah (06-03-2019), missingdee (06-01-2019), Zanna (07-24-2019)
Old 06-01-2019, 12:23 AM
Account Closed

Default Money is NOT LOVE

cut all ties, no calls, no emails, no texts, block social media relationships are not built on lies, deceit, cheating and user's! You dont deserve that! know your worth
Old 07-24-2019, 04:40 AM
Rebel Rebel ....
Donation Award 

Quote:
I have a question. After reading everything that I have written, do you think that she is telling the truth? I know that there a slim chance that she might be telling the truth. I know that she isn't telling the truth at all. But, what if she is actually telling me the truth? You know what I mean?
NOOOOOOO she is not telling you the truth. Sorry, but no
The Following User Says Thank You to Zanna For This Useful Post:
missingdee (07-29-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 10:33 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,610 Times in 16,385 Posts

Zanna, Jared48's account is closed....he will not be able to respond to your post.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Crazychick12 (08-19-2019), sidewalker (07-25-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 10:42 AM

Default MOVE ON HOMIE!!!! she is NOT worth your time......

Quote:
My girlfriend just got out of Coffee Creek Correctional on April 11th. She did 7 years there. We have dated for the last 2 1/2 years. She didn't want me to be there to see her when she got out. Her sister was there to met her. I had her sister pick up a cell phone and some money that I have sent her. She paroled to Washington State to go and leave with her father and step mother. A couple of days after she gets out, I called her and she got mad me for calling her because she said she was spending time with her family and hung up on me. So, I didn't call her that much. One day I was looking at her Facebook page and saw that she put that she was "married" to another inmate that she was serving time with. When I dug further, I find another Facebook page that the other inmate made. It was a couple page and the other inmate even gave my girlfriend her last name. And there was a picture on my girlfriend's Facebook page of both of them kissing. And when I called my girlfriend and asked her about it, she said that she wasn't married and said I was acting weird. So, I took a screenshot of it and sent it to her in a text. I look at her Facebook and saw that the post that there saying that she was married was deleted and it was deleted on the other inmate's Facebook as well. Then she calls me and tells me that her Facebook page was hacked and the the other inmate was "crazy." After this, I am blocked from her Facebook page and from Snapchat was well. So, I believe her and then everything was fine. I am sending her money to support her since she is still looking for a job and getting settled in. She is beginning to get angry with me because I call her and she says that she is spending quality time with her family and I am calling and texting her and she can't spend time with her family. One day at work, I had a co-worker check her FaceBook, and it states that was married once again and she and the other inmate has been "married" since 2017 even though my girlfriend and I have been together since 2016. So, I call her and tell her what's going on with this and I actually break up with her. She is calling my phone and I am not answering her calls. The other inmate who made the Facebook calls me and says that they aren't together and she has someone and she sends me a picture of her and her girlfriend or whatever. I ask her why is she doing this with my girlfriend and she says that she was drunk. So, I hang up and call my girlfriend and she tells me that they were together while her and I was fighting but she states that she didn't have sex or anything. And she states that the marriage wasn't real and I believe her. Everything was going well for awhile. Then she starts to get mad at me over little things. I talk to her sister for some advice and her sister tells her and she gets mad at me for talking to her sister. I had another person look at her Facebook, and it said that she was married to her friend and I get mad at her and call her up and say what's going on with. And the posts disappear and she gets mad at me for saying that I was spying on her. And she tells me that the other inmate is her friend even though she told me a couple of weeks ago that she was a crazy and was stalking her. I send her a large amount of money and I asked her to open up a checking account and to buy clothes. I call her 4 days later and she said that she only have $424 dollars left. So, I tell her that I will send her some money soon. I had a health scare doing this time as well and not one time was she concerned about my health. Well, I had some financial hardships happen and she got mad at me and she told me that I didn't live up to my word since I couldn't send her some money. Now, she isn't talking to me hardly because she thinks that I am lying to her since I broke my word because I couldn't send her some money. I was wondering if I am wasting my time or what should I do.
Time to quit wasting your time on a person who is disrespectful to you.....
Old 07-24-2019, 11:23 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,249 Times in 4,674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrfarrell2 View Post
Time to quit wasting your time on a person who is disrespectful to you.....
The original posters account is closed so he wont be responding but thank you for your input.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
My girlfriend just got out of Coffee Creek Correctional on April 11th. She did 7 years there. We have dated for the last 2 1/2 years. She didn't want me to be there to see her when she got out. Her sister was there to met her. I had her sister pick up a cell phone and some money that I have sent her. She paroled to Washington State to go and leave with her father and step mother. A couple of days after she gets out, I called her and she got mad me for calling her because she said she was spending time with her family and hung up on me. So, I didn't call her that much. One day I was looking at her Facebook page and saw that she put that she was "married" to another inmate that she was serving time with. When I dug further, I find another Facebook page that the other inmate made. It was a couple page and the other inmate even gave my girlfriend her last name. And there was a picture on my girlfriend's Facebook page of both of them kissing. And when I called my girlfriend and asked her about it, she said that she wasn't married and said I was acting weird. So, I took a screenshot of it and sent it to her in a text. I look at her Facebook and saw that the post that there saying that she was married was deleted and it was deleted on the other inmate's Facebook as well. Then she calls me and tells me that her Facebook page was hacked and the the other inmate was "crazy." After this, I am blocked from her Facebook page and from Snapchat was well. So, I believe her and then everything was fine. I am sending her money to support her since she is still looking for a job and getting settled in. She is beginning to get angry with me because I call her and she says that she is spending quality time with her family and I am calling and texting her and she can't spend time with her family. One day at work, I had a co-worker check her FaceBook, and it states that was married once again and she and the other inmate has been "married" since 2017 even though my girlfriend and I have been together since 2016. So, I call her and tell her what's going on with this and I actually break up with her. She is calling my phone and I am not answering her calls. The other inmate who made the Facebook calls me and says that they aren't together and she has someone and she sends me a picture of her and her girlfriend or whatever. I ask her why is she doing this with my girlfriend and she says that she was drunk. So, I hang up and call my girlfriend and she tells me that they were together while her and I was fighting but she states that she didn't have sex or anything. And she states that the marriage wasn't real and I believe her. Everything was going well for awhile. Then she starts to get mad at me over little things. I talk to her sister for some advice and her sister tells her and she gets mad at me for talking to her sister. I had another person look at her Facebook, and it said that she was married to her friend and I get mad at her and call her up and say what's going on with. And the posts disappear and she gets mad at me for saying that I was spying on her. And she tells me that the other inmate is her friend even though she told me a couple of weeks ago that she was a crazy and was stalking her. I send her a large amount of money and I asked her to open up a checking account and to buy clothes. I call her 4 days later and she said that she only have $424 dollars left. So, I tell her that I will send her some money soon. I had a health scare doing this time as well and not one time was she concerned about my health. Well, I had some financial hardships happen and she got mad at me and she told me that I didn't live up to my word since I couldn't send her some money. Now, she isn't talking to me hardly because she thinks that I am lying to her since I broke my word because I couldn't send her some money. I was wondering if I am wasting my time or what should I do.

The problem with many getting out is they don't know how to adjust. It takes awhile, but let me be honest, if she is saying you didn't keep YOUR word is a farce. So, you didn't keep your word? Of course you did. You were there for her when she got out. You provided for her. So as soon as you have a health crisis and have to attend to your needs she gets mad? It is immature to say the least on her end. I have seen this happen too many times.

It is a fact that many will need help upon release, but they should be grateful for it. Her expectations for you are unrealistic. She needs to grow up and fast or she will not make it out here.

I wish you the best and maybe she just needs time to adjust. Just look and see what happens. I would explain how you feel and see her reaction. You have support here so you can vent anytime. Take care man.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ex Con 5 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-30-2019), missingdee (08-12-2019)
Old 08-19-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Totally using you. Doesn’t want to talk on the phone because reacquainting with her family she’s with daily is being interrupted. Plus blocking you on social media and this one relationship keeps popping up even after you mentioned it . Just reeks of scam and she’s annoyed but will deal with you to get things . Honestly annoyed me just reading it because she knows or they know,what they’re doing to you . Drop her you’re just an atm for her!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crazychick12 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-30-2019), Ex Con 5 (08-20-2019), fbopnomore (08-20-2019), maytayah (09-01-2019)