Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Missouri that do not fit into any other Missouri sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:59 AM

Default I am so sorry about your uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshardtowait View Post
...he was attacked by several unidentifiable men, and doused in gasoline and burned alive. His name was Olin Lafferty, his mama and my dad sat in the ICU with him, he died soon after never regaining consciousness...
That is horrifying, HardToWait. There are many in Missouri even now who would do anything—or avoid anything—to not bring those bad days to the daylight they deserve. I have written to officials, social workers, academics, reporters, so many others. Trying to get info, attention paid to those events. I have been helped a little, stonewalled, and ignored. Most of all, ignored. I welcome ANYONE who can engage with me on those events, from any perspective. Someday, I hope, we will see those boys get the justice they deserve, the respect for what they endured. And it is not too late for the staff and guards to be called into court, one or way or another, if only the court of public opinion.
Rwanda had public hearings and murderers stepped forward, made amends, and that was public rioting, utter breakdown. We can't even bring those men (and women) to a public reckoning for what they admitted to in the freaking press, at the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to kindnessXKE For This Useful Post:
Itshardtowait (03-19-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2019, 04:53 AM

The ones that tortured those young men, can not in my opinion be human, I wish they could be brought to justice, I just can’t get my mind around the torture, I’m sorry for those people who want to sweep it under the rug, because Karma is a Bit*h, I would not want to stand in front of God trying to justify what they did to those poor souls, I am sure the evil ones are rotting in hell. But yes the public needs to know what they did!

OWL
Old 08-16-2019, 03:03 PM

My husband said that he was there around 1977. He was curious what happened to the place.