Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2019, 12:39 AM
SEA529 SEA529 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Child Support: Prosecute to get his wages garnished while he's in prison?

My 7 year olds father just had his probation revoked and sentenced to the full 6 years for 2nd degree burglary. I have a few questions, he seems to think that he will only end up serving 7 - 9 months? That doesn't seem right. It is his first conviction, no violence, caught on video and stole liquor and cigarettes, dumbass. I just wondered what type of time he may actually be away... Secondly, he hasn't paid child support in years, I didn't prosecute before cause what help would that be? Now I'm guessing he will be in there for at least 2 years, is it worth prosecuting to get his wages garnished while in there? Hate for him to be munching Cheetos while my kid needs school supplies! Appreciate any info, thanks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Child support paid while in prison? Could his inmate pay be garnished? AutumnRain81 Prison & Criminal Legal Help! 5 09-22-2018 09:45 AM
No child support while he's in prison, how do I support the kids? hvnsangel General Prison Talk 7 09-25-2011 04:18 PM
Will child support be garnished from his books? hislady760 California Legal Help 6 07-22-2009 12:21 AM
HB 5832 Child Sex Offenses May Now Prosecute to Age 28 PhilB Washington General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat 1 05-11-2009 11:37 PM
Article: Do 'child support' payments stop if child is in prison? Amy Mississippi Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events 2 08-30-2006 06:50 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:56 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics