Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:45 AM

Default Son Newly Sentenced 2yrs, in Pottawatomie Count jail Now

I'm new to this whole process... I know that he will be in Pottawatomie County, then he should be processed to Lexington, then processed to wherever he will be processed from there to wherever he is to do his time. My question is: Can anyone who has had a loved one go through this process in Oklahoma or even better, from Pott. County, tell me how long I can expect things to take. Such as...
How long before he actually gets moved to Lexington?
Is there a real possibility that he might just stay in Pott. County for the whole 2 yrs since it is just 2 years?
When might we/ my son know where he will be serving the majority of his sentence?

I know I have a lot of questions, but as everyone was at some point, I am new to this whole thing. :-( Thank you in advance for any info you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome, I'm Helen, feel free to PM, anytime you want, I've doing this for sometime now my son is in from 2013 till Nov/Dec 2018, there's alot of us long timers here, who will answer your questions as you go along.
Being transferred to larc (Lexington), will depend on bed space, when one is open he will move, it all depends maybe 30 days 60 etc. Hopefully sooner then later, no such thing as a speedy transfer. He'll stay at larc appox 2 weeks, (sometimes) No canteen, no books, no nothing, he'll be in 23 lock down with 1 hour a day to shower maybe make a phone call and walk around some. He'll call from a GTL phone where you perpay for call's,you'll need to set up your account, 1 800 483 8314 you can set that up now so when he does move he'll be able to reach you, Hopefully he moves fast from there to a yard (prison) he should roll out a level 2 , once he gets to a yard it could take a couple days to get his phone on, canteen set up etc. It's a hurry and wait game. Big hugs to you as you join us on the ODOC roller coaster. I'll PM my phone to you, you can call anytime, Take a deep breath, you and he will be just fine. Tell him to stay to his self, DON'T barrow from ANYONE! Because if he does you pay back twice, it's called tax's in prison, or you get beat up, rules on the inside are tough, stay away from joining any gangs . They will want him to join!!!BAD NEWS!
The Following User Says Thank You to mssirois2u For This Useful Post:
Aprice (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 05:59 PM

Thank you Sooo much for the information!! I feel so far behind in this whirlwind! I guess I will go ahead & get the account set up... I already put your phone number in my cell phone because I feel so lost & confused right now.... I think I might be texting you a question or two if that is OK???

I work nights in an ICU unit & am studying for my RN but I feel very in over my head with all of this!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Aprice For This Useful Post:
mssirois2u (06-18-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 01:02 AM

Mine boyfriend has been in 12 years. Since yours only has 2 years to serve, depending on his charges he might go straight to a work center after LEX, which is not bad. They just raised the days to go to work centers recently. He'll be out in no time if he stays out of trouble.
mssirois2u (06-18-2017), noas55 (06-16-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprice View Post
Thank you Sooo much for the information!! I feel so far behind in this whirlwind! I guess I will go ahead & get the account set up... I already put your phone number in my cell phone because I feel so lost & confused right now.... I think I might be texting you a question or two if that is OK???

I work nights in an ICU unit & am studying for my RN but I feel very in over my head with all of this!!
Just remember we're all here DAY or Night, even if you just need to talk, I'm always there for ya! Call anytime, I'd love to hear from you! It was so nice to just talk! Hugs
The Following User Says Thank You to mssirois2u For This Useful Post:
Aprice (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssirois2u View Post
Just remember we're all here DAY or Night, even if you just need to talk, I'm always there for ya! Call anytime, I'd love to hear from you! It was so nice to just talk! Hugs
It was great to talk to you as well... It helped me to not feel alone.

For some first timers dealing specifically with Pott. County Jail:
The inmate cannot officially submit their visitation list until they have been inside for 7 days if they do submit it before then; it will not count & the people on the visitation list will not be able to submit their information for their background check until the inmate has resubmitted the visitation list. Once the visitation list has been properly submitted by the inmate on or after their 7th day, then the people on the visitation list can call & give the Jail their DL# & SS # for their background check. The background can take up to 72 hours but may not take that long.... The jail will call you back & approve you for a visit & set up a visitation appointment time. Once you have had your background checked; you will only have to call on Thursdays to set up a visitation time for Saturdays.

I hope this information helps anyone who has not had to deal with Pott. County because it is not exactly spelled out for you on the County jail website.