Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:59 PM
Oklahoma - GF in prison

Default VERY HELPFUL Info on Kate Barnard CCC (Female) in Oklahoma

I have attached the Canteen List (Current as of November 2016) for KBCCC. These are items that you may buy for your loved one who is incarcerated there. This is only valid for Kate Barnard CCC, it is a minimum security corrections center. They do not refer to it as a "prison" there because they do have certain freedoms that other facilities do not. Do not assume that this list is by any means good for other facilities!!! IT IS NOT!!!
I hope this helps you.

The first month your loved one is there, they may receive (2) boxes, after that it is (1) per month. Take advantage of every square inch!!

You can mail the box to KBCCC or drop off on visitation day at the check-in counter.

BTW- they are lenient on the condiments (ketchup, mustard) sizes, as long as you get as close as you can to the size. The boxes can be found in the exact dimensions at U-Haul and Home Depot (medium) for around $2.50. You must tape them shut and put name and ODOC # on the top and drop off on visitation day.
BTW - Visitation day is Saturday AND Sunday regardless of last name. You can go on either day and it never seems to be very busy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CCE11142016.pdf (882.3 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by L_Richards; 11-14-2016 at 07:18 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to L_Richards For This Useful Post:
izoftexas (12-21-2016), mssirois2u (11-19-2016), Sarianna (11-15-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2016, 08:23 PM
Oklahoma - GF in prison

BTW - Super Walmart, Bed/Bath/Beyond, Dollar General, Target, Payless Shoes should suffice for the entire list to shop from for the stores.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:40 PM

That is awesome that they allow you to do this. I wish the rest of the facilities in Oklahoma would do that, instead of just the limited amount of clothing/sheets/towels.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:26 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,002 Times in 1,381 Posts

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us - much appreciated
Old 11-15-2016, 08:08 PM
Oklahoma - GF in prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamesleftlol View Post
That is awesome that they allow you to do this. I wish the rest of the facilities in Oklahoma would do that, instead of just the limited amount of clothing/sheets/towels.
I was too when she mailed me the list. I was also surprised to find out that the girls get jobs around there and get paid in cash, which they like to spend on the vending machines around there which supply soft drinks, chips and even ice cream. Although you cannot send them cash, you may bring up to $50 with you on visitation day and you may buy from the vending machines at the visitation center with your loved one while you are there visiting. You can put money on their books through JPay of course as well, but it's far cheaper and better to just buy the things off the canteen list from Wal-Mart yourself and send it to them. They do get to leave and go shop off campus at the local Dollar Store themselves. They do go off-campus for some things. My G/F has been there for 30 days and is a level 3 and just got approved for work release off-campus. She won't be incarcerated long enough to make a level 4, but she's happy. There are so many programs offered there too. It is a "Community" Corrections Center.

FYI - There is a playground just outside for children if you bring kids as well.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:13 PM
Oklahoma - GF in prison

One thing to remember at KBCCC - they do not have a SHU there. They just simply send them back to Mabel Bassett for the duration of their sentence if they get into trouble, and yes, it happens.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:49 PM

Yes, Community Corrections is that way, much more lenient. My man is getting ready to go to one in about a month. I am very excited. There's only 2 he can go to and both are much closer that the 2-1/2 hour drive where he is now.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:12 AM
Oklahoma - GF in prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamesleftlol View Post
Yes, Community Corrections is that way, much more lenient. My man is getting ready to go to one in about a month. I am very excited. There's only 2 he can go to and both are much closer that the 2-1/2 hour drive where he is now.
I'm happy for you! You will be closer to him. They are about getting them re-established with the community and their families. It has been noted that they are attentive to "problems at home" and they are very sensitive to establishing home offers for the inmates. This is the time when their time gets shorter, reviews happens, opportunities for education, trades to be learned and jobs to be obtained can occur for you loved one. They get some major points for that too which causes their time to be reduced!! I wish you both the best of all...
Good luck!

Last edited by L_Richards; 11-16-2016 at 06:44 AM..
Old 11-16-2016, 07:40 AM
Oklahoma - GF in prison

During their first week there, they wear green uniforms for the first week and go through orientation classes to learn how to fill out forms, approve visitation lists, mail out visitation forms for you to fill out and mail back along wit the canteen list I attached earlier, rules and regulations, classes offered, etc...then after the week-long class, they turn in their greens for the standard uniform grey uniform that they all wear. The first week is really busy for them, but they can call, mostly in the evening or on their breaks. Within a couple weeks from the completion of orientation (during this time they can get a job assignment and start working) is when they sign their packet with their Case Manager. At this time, they should have plans on what they will be doing, classes they will be attending, GED, job assignments (if not already working), trade education, work release (off site), relocation to HWH, all other questions answered, etc...
they get 30 days taken off their sentence if they get their social security card and birth certificate!! I put it in with the care package with IMPORTANT highlighted all over it in an envelope and I informed the inspection officer of it when I turned it over. I'm not sure what the correct process is, but it worked. You might want to call KBCCC and find out what the correct protocol is or ask your loved one.

Last edited by L_Richards; 11-16-2016 at 07:44 AM..
Old 11-18-2016, 09:51 PM

Hopefully our visitation forms follow us from the last prison. They did when he moved before from a medium to minimum facility. Hopefully they follow to the community corrections too.