Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Illinois that do not fit into any other Illinois sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:13 AM

Default Tablets at Taylorville Prison

Okay - so my son said they now have tablets at Taylorville. Hes going to get one but how do they work?

We use the Connect system a lot for his MP3 player. Is there yet another company I need to connect (read: pay) for this service?

Thanks for any info.
The Following User Says Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-21-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2019, 07:21 AM
Donation Award 

Hi! I just heard from my hubby yesterday Pinckneyville is getting them June 28. They use gtl, and you can buy a music pack for $199 for a year of songs.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 07:22 AM
Donation Award 

Or maybe I’m thinking of the mp3??? I just realized you said he has the mp3 already

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”
Old 05-21-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
Hi! I just heard from my hubby yesterday Pinckneyville is getting them June 28. They use gtl, and you can buy a music pack for $199 for a year of songs.

I'm sorry TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS. WHAT.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:55 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post
I'm sorry TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS. WHAT.

I didn’t think it was that bad! For a whole year of unlimited music??

Old 05-22-2019, 04:54 AM

Quote:
I didn’t think it was that bad! For a whole year of unlimited music??

I wasn't concerned with the price - I'm used that. I was just wondering what additional communication we can get with the tablet.

He was surprised at the prices but after paying $299 for a TV anything is possible.
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-22-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 06:58 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma4us View Post
I wasn't concerned with the price - I'm used that. I was just wondering what additional communication we can get with the tablet.

He was surprised at the prices but after paying $299 for a TV anything is possible.
I think the tablets have picture capability too. NOTHING surprises me w IDOC, I don’t understand how our state is so broke....
my husband told me last night they’re gonna sell mattresses at Pville. They don’t even get a PILLOW there unless they buy it, which I find absurd for those unfortunate souls that don’t have $$. It seems like a basic necessity to me. He had no pillow his first week there til he could shop.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-22-2019), trauma4us (05-23-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 08:28 AM

....... they don't get mattresses......

I have not ever once really discussed life inside with my LO, so this is all kind of shocking. I know he bought a TV recently that was into the mid 100s I think, but other than that I don't know much.

And yeah, I guess that unlimited price isn't bad - works out to $3.82/wk... but still.

I hope, I hope, I hope the tablets have pix capabilities because I would LOVE for some new pix (without him having to visit the prison photog and spending $$ on getting pix developed and mailed like he has before lol).. aw man, I wonder what kind of pix they can take and send
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (05-23-2019), trauma4us (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 07:05 AM

My grandson would love a pic of his Dad. We've had two done in the visiting room since he was incarcerated.

The prices are outrageous - now I've heard that the guys can "trade in" their MP3 for the tablet and get a $50 credit? I feel so bad for those offenders who have been inside w/o outside support. It really stinks.

I'm visiting tomorrow so will try to find out what is going on and post back here....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-23-2019), jessesgirl1111 (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
My grandson would love a pic of his Dad. We've had two done in the visiting room since he was incarcerated.

The prices are outrageous - now I've heard that the guys can "trade in" their MP3 for the tablet and get a $50 credit? I feel so bad for those offenders who have been inside w/o outside support. It really stinks.

I'm visiting tomorrow so will try to find out what is going on and post back here....

I hope you have a wonderful visit!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (05-23-2019), trauma4us (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 09:26 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:

Have a great visit!!!! Yes lmk what you hear!

trauma4us (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 03:14 PM

Will do guys. I (and his Dad and grandson) visit often. Fortunately its only a little over 100 miles away. I feel bad for those that live so far away and travel takes so long
jessesgirl1111 (05-27-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 03:39 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Will do guys. I (and his Dad and grandson) visit often. Fortunately its only a little over 100 miles away. I feel bad for those that live so far away and travel takes so long
Jealous!!! Pettyville is 375 miles from me.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:44 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
How was your visit? Did you hear anything about the tablets? Pinckneyville is getting them June 28.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:26 AM

Sorry, thanks for reminding me: Tablets are available this week at T'ville. He didn't really know anything else like wifi availability, URLs he would be allowed to use, etc..

Hes going to order one this week and I'll update as I find out what's going on....
jessesgirl1111 (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 09:31 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Sorry, thanks for reminding me: Tablets are available this week at T'ville. He didn't really know anything else like wifi availability, URLs he would be allowed to use, etc..

Hes going to order one this week and I'll update as I find out what's going on....
Okie dokie! I wanna know about the photo capabilities :-)

ILLINOIS.PAL (05-28-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Okie dokie! I wanna know about the photo capabilities :-)

You and me both.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:41 PM

Okay my son sent me email today and yes, they do have to turn in their MP3 in order to have the music transferred to the tablet. He will still be able to email because they can use the kiosk to email so that's all I know for now.

I will ask about pictures. Okay I just sent message - will probably get answer tomorrow.
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-29-2019), jessesgirl1111 (05-30-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 10:55 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Okay my son sent me email today and yes, they do have to turn in their MP3 in order to have the music transferred to the tablet. He will still be able to email because they can use the kiosk to email so that's all I know for now.

I will ask about pictures. Okay I just sent message - will probably get answer tomorrow.
Hey mama any word on these tablets? My hubby is telling me June 24 I can order for him thru the gtl app

Old 06-08-2019, 06:10 AM

Oooh you can order them online for them??
Old 06-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post
Oooh you can order them online for them??
Yes! On the Jpay (not ConnectNetwork my bad) app you can. Do you use it for sending money now? I used to but I use connect network cuz it’s cheaper. On the home page there’s a tablets button you click it to “buy a tablet for your loved one”. When they’re available to buy it’ll go thru. Pettyville gets them June 24.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Yes! On the Jpay (not ConnectNetwork my bad) app you can. Do you use it for sending money now? I used to but I use connect network cuz it’s cheaper. On the home page there’s a tablets button you click it to “buy a tablet for your loved one”. When they’re available to buy it’ll go thru. Pettyville gets them June 24.
I last used GTL for sending money... that was a one time thing for Christmas.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:56 PM

Okay just got back from seeing my son. He purchased his tablet May 28th. Hasn't gotten it yet but he was told he would sync his tablet to his MP3 so that his music will transfer. Wifi is in place and he says he can send emails via his tablet once he gets it. He also said they recently decided to allow the tablets out on the yard as that is how he will stream music while working out.

He uses his kiosk in the unit dayroom to send messages now. We easily get messages 3-4 times per day. I have my iphone set up to alert me when I get the emails from connect that a message has been approved and also that I have received a new message. I also have an app for my grandson's phone (which is on my plan) so that I know when he gets a message from his Dad and I can text him to look at it.
ILLINOIS.PAL (06-10-2019), jessesgirl1111 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 12:10 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Okay just got back from seeing my son. He purchased his tablet May 28th. Hasn't gotten it yet but he was told he would sync his tablet to his MP3 so that his music will transfer. Wifi is in place and he says he can send emails via his tablet once he gets it. He also said they recently decided to allow the tablets out on the yard as that is how he will stream music while working out.

He uses his kiosk in the unit dayroom to send messages now. We easily get messages 3-4 times per day. I have my iphone set up to alert me when I get the emails from connect that a message has been approved and also that I have received a new message. I also have an app for my grandson's phone (which is on my plan) so that I know when he gets a message from his Dad and I can text him to look at it.
Nice! This is fantastic info :-) thank you so much for letting me know

trauma4us (Yesterday)