Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New Jersey that do not fit into any other New Jersey sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:04 PM

Default Aggravated with him. Does the prison contact family if he's injured?

Is it anyone here that can answer a couple of questions. 1. He got into an altercation said he fractured his arm and may need surgery. Do the prison Contact family? 2. He calls but will not tell me exactly what happened this is confusing to me he just say call my sister. I know he's miserable at this prison however I want to tell him so bad DEAL WITH IT IT'S PART OF YOUR PUNISHMENT. I know it's not the right thing to say but I have things I'm dealing with I don't have time to focus on him not liking a prison. I'm not being mean to him but don't call me expecting me to do anything if your not telling me what happened.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:25 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,383 Posts

The prison is supposed to call his emergency contact if something happens, however that doesn't always happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tina For This Useful Post:
Msangie46 (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 03:49 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 995 Posts

Generally the prison will only contact the emergency contact person the inmate has listed if it's an emergency, life threatening injury or illness.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:51 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,439 Times in 2,934 Posts

Hi , are you his emergency contact? As Tina says hiscontact should be informed but it doesnt always happen.
I can understand you feeling angry with and its ok to feel that he deserves his punishment. Its also ok to be worried. I hope you find out some information soon.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 07-18-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msangie46 View Post
Is it anyone here that can answer a couple of questions. 1. He got into an altercation said he fractured his arm and may need surgery. Do the prison Contact family? 2. He calls but will not tell me exactly what happened this is confusing to me he just say call my sister. I know he's miserable at this prison however I want to tell him so bad DEAL WITH IT IT'S PART OF YOUR PUNISHMENT. I know it's not the right thing to say but I have things I'm dealing with I don't have time to focus on him not liking a prison. I'm not being mean to him but don't call me expecting me to do anything if your not telling me what happened.
Phone calls are recorded and it sounds like he doesn't want to or can't talk about what happened.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:47 AM

like she said, phone calls are monitored. He can write you about it. They can only legally search incoming mail. It also might be that people are around so he cannot talk about it. Most likely people involved or their boys. I know you feel like he should be punished but there is a difference between punishment and abuse. Punishment is handed down by the courts. Abuse is from guards and inmates. Big difference. I did 6 years so i know it all too well. Try to have some compassion and understanding. What the public believes and what really occurs in these "correctional institutions" are very very different. And dont assume the co's are there to keep order. They are some of the most sadistic people in there. The beatings and murders ive seen committed or was around when they happened are inexcusable. Bullies that never wanted to stop so they got a job where they are paid to abuse people. Im not saying they are all like that, some are there to work and get a paycheck, but there are quite a few that are there for other reasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to kronikenergy For This Useful Post:
Tina (07-23-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 01:33 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronikenergy View Post
like she said, phone calls are monitored. He can write you about it. They can only legally search incoming mail. It also might be that people are around so he cannot talk about it. Most likely people involved or their boys. I know you feel like he should be punished but there is a difference between punishment and abuse. Punishment is handed down by the courts. Abuse is from guards and inmates. Big difference. I did 6 years so i know it all too well. Try to have some compassion and understanding. What the public believes and what really occurs in these "correctional institutions" are very very different. And dont assume the co's are there to keep order. They are some of the most sadistic people in there. The beatings and murders ive seen committed or was around when they happened are inexcusable. Bullies that never wanted to stop so they got a job where they are paid to abuse people. Im not saying they are all like that, some are there to work and get a paycheck, but there are quite a few that are there for other reasons.
Man Kronik, you've been on a roll lately!!! Good stuff man. Again, he's right about absolutely everything!
Old 07-26-2017, 06:29 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,091 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronikenergy View Post

Our mail is read in and out