Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:26 AM

Default I asked they helped

I'm going to safep in july and I know its like a prison and I'm dealing with that one day at a time. I know I'm going to (Sayla in Breckenridge) I would like any and all info y'all might have that can help my friend and my loved one. I know I have to get off of the drugs and I asked for help. So if there is any info yall might be able to send my way thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 PM

Default EVEN i needed similar help!

Hello. I am new to this site and I just found it by googling the one question "How do I know if I am an alcoholic?". I'm 22 years old and I wouldn't say I have a rough life, but most of my stress is self induced, nothing to worry about. I really have nothing to complain about, I'm in great shape, not a bad looking guy and I'm making ends meet financially. I'm saving up to go to school next year (hard to save money), I have girl problems, and i have problems with my social life though.

I drink every night. When I feel bad about myself or my life during my day I can shrug it off knowing I'm going to drink myself stupid that night. Tonight actually as well. It makes me feel so good. This has been going on for a few weeks now. I live with my mother and when she goes to sleep I finish nearly a mickey of whiskey off every night which finishes me right off. It sounds absolutely Terrible typing this as I read what I type here, but it's the truth. I am such a dedicated person and to lose control so often every night is pretty scary.

I'm caught with the devil and the angel on my shoulders right now. If i was drinking this often at parties with friends I'm sure most people would think nothing of it other than a 22 year old guy having some fun in his youth, but I am alone drowing my emotional pain with booze. Yes I love it, I'll admit it. It feels amazing when you reach the point from drinking that your in a great mood, which with the amount of whiskey i drink takes about 20-40 minutes.

I would really appreciate any input with this and please be kind with your critisisms. Also if there's anyone around my age that has gone through the same thing please let me know. So I ask you the same question I asked google to come accross this page... How do I know if I am an alcoholic?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:51 PM

Scroll down for some pretty interesting questions.

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/....cfm?PageID=71
The Following User Says Thank You to bunnybunny For This Useful Post:
Russell's Mom (01-31-2009)
Old 06-27-2008, 03:41 AM
mary77

if you believe in a higher power an dont like aa these orther groups celabrate recovery christian base many orthers in you citys