Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:56 AM
Here To Help Others
Donation Award 

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments. Nobody promises that this shit is going to be easy; but, with help and doing it with others of a like mind, it is doable. Little steps in the right direction at times will help tremendously...God Bless each of you and your familys.

Bill
Old 05-12-2007, 09:10 AM
queendrury

thanks BILL.i really enjoyed your post.
@BOBBYSBABY...im sorry you are hurting right now.i now it must be hard knowing you have to walk this road without your husband.try not to let it keep you down.i ask you to do one thing for me?when you begin to feel the lonliness, remind yourself that YOU are meant to succeed from the addiction so that you can help the next person.society needs your testimony to help young girls who are lost to the temptation of drugs.you are a strong woman and you are proving the devil a liar with your resistance to the seductions of the world.i got you in my prayers.
i pray for your husband too.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:09 PM

thank you, your post helped me more than what I can explain. I recently started a relationship with the love of my life. We dated when I was 15. I'm now 31. We broke up, because he started doing drugs. He kept going in and out of prison. I couldn't take it. He just cared about the drugs. I was in another relationship for 10yrs, I have a son now from this relationship. I really want to be with my boyfried, he was doing cocaine, heroin and weed. It worries me to think, that I'm making a mistake. I do not want my son to be hurt. I have been talking to him for 2mo now. I know that I have always been in love with him. I will love him until the day I die. He says that he feels the same way. I believe him. He wants to change, we want a life together. He has been in jail for 3mo. now. After reading your story, I know that he can change. He wants to stay away from his past, at first I thought it was because he did not want me to know all the things that he has done. Now I understand that all he wants to do is to move forward. Thank you, I will print this and send it to him.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:52 PM

Location: indiana (where i live)kentucky (where spoce in incarcerated) USA

Thanks for your post, hearing the stories of others who have come through the fire and survived and continue to live a sober life inspire us who are new in recovery. Thank you for the inspiration.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
replanted cheesehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParoledIn98
Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments. Nobody promises that this shit is going to be easy; but, with help and doing it with others of a like mind, it is doable. Little steps in the right direction at times will help tremendously...God Bless each of you and your familys.

Bill
And a BIG THANK YOU to you too, Bill I've always thought Jack Daniels, Tequila (a.k.a. "2-kill-ya") and vodka should be classified as narcotics . All three has always sent my boyfriend back to jail every time and he's finally making the hardest attempt ever to get and remain sober. Now, I'm no peach for I, too, suffer from my own dealings with alcohol but it's not anywhere near the addiction of my other vice which is and conquering that big one. . . .well, Lord have mercy on me and my BF for putting up with me in my beginning days of kicking that habit

Old 02-06-2008, 01:52 PM

Wow Bill,
that was one of the best things I have read in a long time. I am going to print that and send it to my boyfriend. He is in prison right now. He can't stay off the drugs. He says he wants to stay clean when he gets out. I hope this will give him an extra jolt. Thanks for sharing your story with all of us.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:46 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParoledIn98
Before I begin this article, I want to make it plain that I am not an AA/NA Guru. I believe in the steps and the principles of the two. I know that back in 1981, when I was arrested at the ripe ol age of 21, I was so far out there that it would have took 5 airplane tickets to get me home...and that's a long way out there folks!!!! I was doing meth in my arms, taking every pill I could get my hands on and drinking 7-9 cases of beer a week. I didn't have a problem...everyone else did...they were all in my business and kept hasseling me...I was just trying to cope with their daily shit. I had my shit together!!! Or so I thought.

On September 5, 1981, I was watching the Dallas Cowboys play the St. Louis Cardinals. My friend came over to the house crying that his long time girlfriend left him because he was drinking and doing too many drugs (go figure). I told him everything was going to be cool...we left the house and went out and bought 2 cases of beer...that would fix everything (and it sure did). 4 joins and a fifth of Jack Daniels later, we were sitting in the Dallas County Jail facing a 5-99 or a life sentence. When we woke up, we had no idea WTF had happened. Needless to say, we both received an aggravated 50 year sentence. Talk about a "wake-up call."

After doing 19 years flat, I was released in 1999 on Mandatory Supervision. I did all my 20's and all my 30's behind bars. The world was so different. Hell, when I got locked up, they just came out with microwave ovens. And cell phones were in a great big box ya had to carry over your shoulder. Talk about freeked out and stressed...let me tell ya, I was soooo lost and didn't know which way to turn once my feet hit the bricks. I was instructed to immediately report to my parole officer. I cashed my lil ol $50.00 check they gave me and immediately bought a pack of Marlboro's (they stopped smoking in the TDCJ in 1995). God, were they sooooo good .

I reported and the first thing he said to me was that i was to start attending AA 7 days a week. I thought, dude, you got me messed up with someone else. He then said he would be going by there to check on me to insure I was in fact attending. There went that previous thought. All in all... I have been out 8 years and i still attend AA on a regular basis. No, I am not drinking and NO...I am not doing any type of dope. I will be on Parole until the year 2031...so...I get piss-tested monthly. Furthermore, I don't care to take the chance. I realized that I had a major problem with alcohol and drugs because i have an addictive personality ...not to mention the fact that both my mom and dad are (were) alcoholics. They died while I was in prison.

The key to stopping drinking and doing dope is this: Ya gotta wanna. It has to be PREMEDITATED!!! And It Don't Want Ya Too!!! It's a daily (sometimes, by the minute) battle. Ya have to be sick and tired of being sick and tired and willing to follow simple directions....they are simple but they are tough. Ya have to find you a sponcer that has a long time in sobriety and follow what he/she tells you to do. They won't lie to ya and the only way they stay sober is giving you what they got. Listen...follow...and do the next right thing...oh, and bend those knees and pray. Many folks have a problem with this part of the program...I did too until I saw it work for the first time in my program/life. Didn't have anymore problems with it since that time.

Nothing changes if nothing changes. You have to make a change...mine was people...places...and things. I had to change every aspect of my life. I refuse to go back to that hell on earth. I refuse to be talked to daily like a damned fool. I will never again be humiliated by those prison guards who think that we are the scum of the earth and treat us like it for years...cause they can!!! As long as I don't take that first drink or smoke that fat joint...Ima be alright

There are two (2) truths that I will share with you: The man takes a drink....the drink takes a drink...and the drink takes the man. The program works if you work it.

I don't know if this helped anyone but I know it helped me to write it. A person has to know where they have been in order to know where they are going. I love my life today. These past 8 years have been better than the past 40. Thanks to growing up in prison and following some simple suggestions.

God Bless You and Yours.

Bill

Very good and so true.... i am an addict as well...It is a struggle everyday. I get sentenced in May on a drug conspiricy charge. I have been clean for 7 months and it is not easy. I attend N/A 3 days a week and church 2 nights a week. I am so much more happy since I gave up meth. I just hope that I can win this battle. It is the most difficult battle I have ever tackled. Good luck to you, out there in the real world. God bless you brother! Kimmydahn
Old 06-04-2008, 04:38 PM

Thumbs up read you make me soo good!!

My housband been 2 times before in jail. Today is his 3 time. he leave my two years and me.. whit nothing. we need back to mexico whit my parents. i just visited last week after months. He sounds and looks too good. I just love him and i hope its his last time. (i meet him after the 2 times before in jail)
You give me a hope. I hope he found people like you in his way