Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:58 PM

Default Getting off JAG/private probation early in Georgia?

hello all, first time poster here so please let me know if im forgetting any rules.

im looking for people who have experience with private probation companies in georgia. we are pretty much the king of these god awful things as our state has more of them than any other im told.im currently serving a state probation sentence but i have 3-4 (cant remember) years of JAG, the private company in my town, awaiting me when my felony case closes.word around town is that you can no longer pay your fines off and request early termination because the companies WANT you to be on probation as long as possible so they get to collect fees from us for doing basically nothing.this makes little sense to me because i cant see what possible reason they could have for crowding their office space with probationers who have already paid all fines and completed all obligations defined in their contract. from my understanding, all supervision fees are included in the total sum, so they would not be able to keep raking anymore cash in.still though, if life has taught me anything it is to never underestimate the courts desire to make my life harder...can anybody share some experience or insight on this? any help is much appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobbybouche1501 For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (02-07-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybouche1501 View Post
hello all, first time poster here so please let me know if im forgetting any rules.

im looking for people who have experience with private probation companies in georgia. we are pretty much the king of these god awful things as our state has more of them than any other im told.im currently serving a state probation sentence but i have 3-4 (cant remember) years of JAG, the private company in my town, awaiting me when my felony case closes.word around town is that you can no longer pay your fines off and request early termination because the companies WANT you to be on probation as long as possible so they get to collect fees from us for doing basically nothing.this makes little sense to me because i cant see what possible reason they could have for crowding their office space with probationers who have already paid all fines and completed all obligations defined in their contract. from my understanding, all supervision fees are included in the total sum, so they would not be able to keep raking anymore cash in.still though, if life has taught me anything it is to never underestimate the courts desire to make my life harder...can anybody share some experience or insight on this? any help is much appreciated.
First of all probation length is what the judge/court sentenced you.The private probation company do NOT decide how long your probation is,if you want you probation terminated early contact a lawyer and the judge/court will decide.All the private company do is collect fines/fee's as for the conditions,terms and length its the court decision.