Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:37 PM

Angry Question about recieving a dr in prison

My boyfriend is currently at Georgia diagnostic and classification prison. He is waiting to get sent to the prison he will do his time at. Anyway I haven't heard from him in over a week I called to check on him and was told he was in separation something basically in the hole. For what I don't know. I wanted to know does this completely ruin his chances of getting parole
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2017, 07:30 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantel0728 View Post
My boyfriend is currently at Georgia diagnostic and classification prison. He is waiting to get sent to the prison he will do his time at. Anyway I haven't heard from him in over a week I called to check on him and was told he was in separation something basically in the hole. For what I don't know. I wanted to know does this completely ruin his chances of getting parole

Ok so he will haved to be there up too 6 weeks but sometime it's not that long. By now he should be where he need to be. How much time do he have asking because my guy have a 5 year sentence and they say that he have to do at least a 1/3 I was trying to find out if you know anything about that
Old 10-31-2017, 07:38 AM

My love in Lee State Prison he has to do five years but he's eligible for parole on his 1/3 do anyone know if they actually give you a parole date or TPM once you have done your 1/3 out of 5. And do you know how long it will take. He have done 19 months already they gave him time credit serve in the county for one year and he been there since at Lee state since April.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tata079 View Post
Ok so he will haved to be there up too 6 weeks but sometime it's not that long. By now he should be where he need to be. How much time do he have asking because my guy have a 5 year sentence and they say that he have to do at least a 1/3 I was trying to find out if you know anything about that

15 years. He has 50 serve 15. His cellmate had 90 do 30 but only served 8 years bc that's all the grid showed him to have to serve before parole
Old 10-31-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantel0728 View Post
15 years. He has 50 serve 15. His cellmate had 90 do 30 but only served 8 years bc that's all the grid showed him to have to serve before parole
Okay so he got 50. But he will only have tok do 15. His cellmate have 90 and he only going to do 30 years just to be sure I'm understanding what your say and what is a grid
Old 10-31-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
No it don't but when he get ready to go up for parole he have to do better and be should have some classes to take so that he can get out faster. Because if he have classes that will helpl him more then anything. And if he don't have any he can ask for some but I'm pretty much sure he do.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
My love in Lee State Prison he has to do five years but he's eligible for parole on his 1/3 do anyone know if they actually give you a parole date or TPM once you have done your 1/3 out of 5. And do you know how long it will take. He have done 19 months already they gave him time credit serve in the county for one year and he been there since at Lee state since April.
Hi Tata,
Parole Board tends to vote to give a TPM on or after the parole eligibility date (PED). It is not uncommon for there to be a delay in setting a TPM. A request for an early vote really needs to be included with a parole application that makes a good case for why an early vote should happen. One of the big reasons being to get your LO into a TC for work release.

About the grid. It's not easy to read but the following links might help explain.
https://pap.georgia.gov/parole-consi...ity-guidelines
Old 10-31-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Okay so he got 50. But he will only have tok do 15. His cellmate have 90 and he only going to do 30 years just to be sure I'm understanding what your say and what is a grid

He has 50 years serve 15 in prison. His cellmate had 90 do 30 but only served 8 in prison bc that's what the grid said he had to do serve before he was eligible for parole. Unfortunately he got in trouble once he got out and now has do the rest of his time 22 years. My boyfriend just started on his bid
Old 11-03-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
My husband has a 15 year sentence but has to do ten , he wasn't eligible at his 1/3 .. he's been in for 6 years now .