Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:42 PM

Default parole packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders01 View Post
remember Parole packages sent are good, letting the parole know they have a family out here, in the
meantime remember GOD has the last word...All things happen for a reason, with GOD all things are possible...Matthew 19:26..keep praying and a door will open...Psalm 118:6 The LORD is on our side;We will not fear. What can man do to us?(nothin)...keep the hope and faith we are going to be just fine
I agree 100% this is why I have not sent a parole packet as of yet because me and my husband talked about it and it really is in Gods hands, in my eyes the chances of the parole board reading the packet is slim to none as big of slackers they are so I choose to take my chances with God and so far it's worked out pretty good!!
The Following User Says Thank You to drkangel127 For This Useful Post:
Mommy4Two (10-16-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Banned

Default Parole Summary coming up

anyone know of a good site or link or thread on how to write a good parole sumary?...anyone have any suggestions?....thanks
Old 03-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Donation Award 

If you want an example for the state of GA, here you go:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212950
Old 03-04-2010, 11:35 AM
My <3 belongs 2 an inmate

Default Parole

Hi My name is Christy
My husband got sentenced to 6 years with parole..Can you please tell me how does the parole work and when is it starts? What do you have to do?
When should you start sending in the letters or "the packet" that you ladies mentioned??? Can you please tell me information overall? Thank you so much
Old 03-13-2010, 12:49 PM

Exclamation Anyone heard of an attorney Jake Arbes...for Parole Cases?

HELP!!! My hubby's next parole review is Jan 2010...I don't have much hope in the examiner's actually reading his file, nor the DOC sending everything in his file (good stuff)to them . This Jake Arbes sounds good to me because he actually does the research (that the parole examiners SHOULD be doing) along with presentation of excellent things like mitigating factors to his crime (vol man), good things that he's accomplished and stable supportive home and community support.
He's done 11 on a 20 year plea...with TPM now 2016.
PLEASE does anyone know of his value?
JUST ICE
Old 03-13-2010, 01:58 PM

Question Does it help to hire Jake Arbes for Georgia Parole Cases?

Anyone know of advantage of huring an attorney (Jake Arbes)for parole review? My hubby's next parole review is Jan 2011...I don't have much hope in the examiner's actually reading his file, nor the DOC sending everything in his file (good stuff)to them . This Jake Arbes sounds good to me because he actually does the research (that the parole examiners SHOULD be doing) along with presentation of excellent things like mitigating factors to his crime (vol man), good things that he's accomplished and stable supportive home and community support.
He's done 11 on a 20 year plea...with TPM now 2016.
PLEASE does anyone know of his value?
JUST ICE
Old 05-25-2010, 03:09 PM

Default 2010...parole packet....

can someone plese help me in writing a letter and putting together a parole packet for my brother that resides in hancock state prison in sparta ga...i have a ideal but i have never done this so its new to me and does anyone have the correct address to send in letters where they can be put in his file???if anyone can help i would thank you so much... any infomation will greatly used...thank you so much..kimberly

Last edited by kimmieavery; 05-25-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Donation Award 

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212950

and welcome to PTO.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:37 AM

Thanks for the info...does anyone ever get paroled on the early release date that is sent or is that a joke? C Beckett
Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 AM

Hello All--
I'm new to all this. My 22 yr old son is serving a 2 yr sentence at Lamar Pre-Release Center in Barnesville, GA. We already know that he has to serve his entire sentence & were told the reason why was because he got a lenient sentence--at least that's what they said. So is writing up this parole packet something I need to do? I know that he has been talking w/ the warden about going to a half way house. Do you think this parole packet would help with that? When should I send it? Where do I send it? I've read thru all these posts & see there is some difference in opinion on this subject. But if there is a chance it can help & won't hurt, I will definitely do it. I did read a really good post about what to include in the packet.
Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:28 PM

Default DUI hOMICIDE BY Vehicle

ANY EXPERIENCE WITH how soon someone might be released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Hope View Post
How to prepare a parole packet???
First, there must be an introduction to the board about the inmate, who they are, a brief summary of their history and past achievements in life, at school, church etc. Any extra curricular activites they participated in prior to incarceration, such as coaching ball teams, playing on sports teams, etc.
Next, parts of the packet will concern the prison experience itself. It should include programs the inmate has completed or participated in, certificates of programs obtained, mention and explain any discipinary infractions that may have occurred, their grid sheet, and in general, sums up the readiness of he or she to return to freedom.
This parole packet should also concern the plans for the future:
verification of employment to be obtained upon release ( if available),
verification and documentation of letters from prospective employers indicating their desire to hire the individual;
letters from family and close friends who will be the "support" group for the prisoners,
pictures of these people if available, including pictures of them interacting with the inmate ( you are projecting an important image here, since the board does not meet individual inmates- what these pictures need to show are all the best qualities, positive points of family and friends with the inmate themselves)
descriptions of relationships with friends and family which is meant to show and assure the inmates desire of no return to any criminal activity upon release, the availability of housing after release- residence information,etc.
The packet should also include a statement from the prisoner themselves exhibiting remourse for crimes committed, statements of apologies to victims( if any) and their families, and show the drive and/or new resolve to 'go straight' from there on out.
The parole packet is prepared by the inmate themselves, with family/friends assisting in gathering all letters and necessary photos, and combining all the information into the "packet". A most important part however must come from the inmate directly, ( written by them, typed by one of us, and signed by them) expressing their sorrow or remourse for committing the crimes. A relative may complete this as an example but the final draft should be directly from the inmate.
This packet is meant to show WHY the board should consider this person for parole, and what can be expected from them upon a productive return to society.
I would do an outline in preparation for this packet :
1- Introduction and Background
2-Accomplishments during the incarcerarion period, grid sheet, etc
3- Support- A.- employment plans, letters from employers, B. Family and friend support, letters, photos, C. Description of relationships with family and friends,
4- housing and residence information, even photos of the home itself
5- Statement from inmate concerning the crime itself, what happened, why, remourse, apologies, what they intend to do in the future - rehab, (whatever the case may be) church, anger management, etc ( if not already completed while incarcerated).
Others may have a different order they put this packet into, but all of the above need to be addressed.
Hope this helps!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELA999 View Post
Hello All--
I'm new to all this. My 22 yr old son is serving a 2 yr sentence at Lamar Pre-Release Center in Barnesville, GA. We already know that he has to serve his entire sentence & were told the reason why was because he got a lenient sentence--at least that's what they said. So is writing up this parole packet something I need to do? I know that he has been talking w/ the warden about going to a half way house. Do you think this parole packet would help with that? When should I send it? Where do I send it? I've read thru all these posts & see there is some difference in opinion on this subject. But if there is a chance it can help & won't hurt, I will definitely do it. I did read a really good post about what to include in the packet.
Any help is appreciated.
I, like you, have seen varying opinions on whether they help or not. I personally didn't do one, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from doing anything they feel can help their loved one. I have also heard that sentences of 2 years or less are not parole eligible. You might want to try calling the Hearing Examiner's office at 404-656-5712 in Atlanta and see what they say, make sure and have his EF# ready when you call. You can look his EF# up on the DOC website (http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/), it will be on the page his information is on. Another thing you could check into is going to a Parole Board Visitor's Day. The information for that is on the Parole Board's website (http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/opencms/). The reason I put the websites on here for you is because I encourage you to go to them and learn them because they are great sources of information.

I think I would call first and find out if he is even parole eligible and that can save you the trouble of doing the package and the trip to Visitor's Day if you find out he is not even eligible. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old Man (01-20-2012)
Old 02-07-2011, 04:43 PM

Hello All,

I created a parole packet for my friend and it helped a lot. He was serving a 20 yr max sentence for a number of crimes, but he was eligible for parole after year 13.5. I sent the packet to the parole board in mid 2009. At that time he didn't even have a TPM even though he had been locked up since 1997. By February 2010 he had been moved from a medium security prison to a halfway house. Then he was given a TPM of 1/2012. Since then he has been a model resident of the transitional center getting involved in no altercations and committing no infractions. He was recently moved to a transitional center/halfway house closer to home. He is also set to begin working outside of the facility in two weeks. I plan t write another letter to the parole board a little later this year requesting that he be released prior to 1/2012. I would love for him to be home by Christmas.

Sending the packet helps, but only if the inmate is doing his part to help bring himself home. If he is misbehaving on a regular basis then you writing won't help with his plight. You have to get him to act like he wants to be a productive member of society first. Otherwise, the letter to the parole board is a waste of paper.

If you believe your loved one is eligible for parole now or in the near future, but are apprehensive about your ability to compose a convincing packet for the parole board, I may be able to help. Drop me a note and lets discuss it.
0%tolerance4BS (09-29-2011)
Old 05-03-2011, 09:23 PM

Hi, I didn't know about a parole packet, this is all new to me but thanks. I only visited the parole board once because I heard that if I kept contacting them it would delay my son's TPM. He just received his for 7/2012 and his max out date is 7/2013. I didn't submit a package and he got his date anyway. Is it possible that I can submit this package despite his TPM and he get an earlier release?

I most certainly would like to see him transfered to a transitional center, does anyone think a parole package would help in getting this accomplished? Thanks

Tresmom
Old 05-19-2011, 08:51 AM

Default Thought you may have the answer to my question

Do you happen to know if it is a probation violation in Georgia if you were charged with felony identity theft & forgery and were employed where you had access to credit cards and people's personal information? The person I know is currently on probation for the above offence and is working the same job he broke the law at.

Does the terms of probation differ from person to person or is there a "Set" set of rules?

Thanks for your time!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:13 AM

Default Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangee View Post
hi my name is vanessa and i live in lville ga, my son is in burruss and he was sentenced to 10 years, 3 in prison and 7 on probation.
Today august 14, 2007 i went down to the ga st parole and pardons board.
Very pleasant, they gave me a sheet and on the sheet it states
not to send anything, and not to call or email them.
Why because this takes the inmate out of turn. Every time you send an email they go get the file, every time you call they go get the file.
We talked about my son, they have no info on him yet. I had several questions.
I can mail you a copy of this letter, so you can see for yourself.
I am not new to this forum, but i am glad that i went down
there for myself, now they told me my son's case would not
come up for consideration until next spring, and then who knows, at that time he may have done all his required time.
I for one will not be sending pitures, or call them or email them. I have decided to pray and trust that god knows when my son should come home, because i firmly believe that he will not come home until god says so. I'm asking god for favor, for a speedy hearing.
My email is [personal e-mail address removed per policy, please pm the member]
god bless you all
so you are saying you should not write the parole board or call them and talk to them ?my wife probation was revoked she only had 22 months she has done 14 months and is at metro transition center her max out is march of next year
Old 09-29-2011, 02:50 PM

canr isomeone irplease email me a coqpy of the georgia grid sheet @elizabethmassey51@yahoo.com
Old 01-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Living Dead, from Meth

Elizabeth,
You first need to gather some data, copy it and keep it.
However there's so much other pertinent info/data I suggest some in-depth reading.

There's a Pre 2008 Grid and a Post 2008 Grid
There's a Risk to ReOffend Score for Pre-2008 and Post-2008

Click this link,
lhttp://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/e...age=index.html

ThenClemency and then Parole Process and the rest below it
#1 - Crime Severity Level.
#2 - Risk to Re-Offend Score
#3 - Check the "Performance Incentive Credit Program"
#4 - If all goes well, under "Pardons" see Restoration of Rights

Read each and every link to understand the complex process of the "grid" and the parole process that follows.

This is the "Home Page" for the
State Board of Pardons and Paroles

http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/e...age=index.html

Sorry to be so wordy, but there was no other way.

Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Trust in me, I am thy friend, all people of the Earth will become "the Living Dead"
For My name is Meth

Last edited by Old Man; 01-20-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Old 01-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Living Dead, from Meth

Quote:
The DA sent a letter on DA letterhead to the parole bosrd for my bf saying his pending chgs had been vacated so no hold would apply, when I spoke to the examiner they said they never got it. I personally mailed it!
WOW, did you make a Copy for your records ?

Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Trust in me, I am thy friend, all people of the Earth will become "the Living Dead"
For My name is Meth
Old 03-04-2012, 06:05 PM
*waiting*

Default *GA. Parole Packet HELP plz*

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone new where I need to send my loved ones parole packet. Does anyone know the address????

Thanks
Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 AM

Default hello

Hello I am not able to see my fiance because his mother was my only way now that she has hasd a stroke shes not able to go and see him. his parle is being review how long does that take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishEyes View Post
Ladies, here's some input from the parole board directly. Do NOT send photos in your parole packets. They're not interested and have no bearing on the decisions the parole board makes. Save the paper and leave the photos out. What they ARE watching, which we didn't know until recently, is that although every parole packet has "strong family support" listed somewhere, what they do is pull every single visitation record for the inmate being considered for parole. SO- make sure that if you're going to claim your inmate has strong family support, then there are more people than just you visiting them. If the extended family isn't visiting and being part of the every day life,... perhaps include a statement about how strongly YOU are comitted to the inmate, and that his/ her extended family helps as they are able.

Good luck!! Hope ya'll get your wishes this year to be reality!!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:09 AM

Sorry Irish eyes but you are wrong, no one is pulling visitation lists from prisons. When the parole board reviews a file they look at the paper work put together by their staff. all the extra paperwork is just that extra. What they do look at is education level, employment history, drug/alcohol use, crime type (all this is found on the web site). Unless it is a death penalty case don't waste your money paying someone to prepare a packet or putting a bunch of papers together. Parole consideration in georgia is automatic the release is not
Old 07-23-2013, 03:47 PM

How do you know when you should start putting together this parole packet? I'm new to all this. His PEM is a ways off, should I wait until closer to that time? I'm really hoping he'll get to a half-way house then transition from there. Does anyone have info on how that process works?
Old 06-05-2015, 08:17 PM

This is an old thread, but can someone please update? I have been told and read to write letters throughout his sentence. To have others (family and friends) do the same.
-Pictures?,some of these posts say to send and some say don't
-Visitation?, one of the previous posts said that the Parole Board monitors the visitors to see if inmate has support. Is that true? Thank you.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Tired of Waiting...

I am also interested in updated information on Early Consideration for Parole. At this point, there is no TPM listed on the P&P site.

Would a complete Parole Packet help in obtaining Early Consideration?

Any advice would be welcome.

Sarah Harper Scott

'The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.'
~Hemingway