Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > PRISON PEN PALS > Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk General talk about prison pen-pals. Please do not place ads in this forum!

Old 04-17-2018, 02:42 AM

Default Sending money to my pen pal

I know this will probably be the wrong section... Sorry moderators but I couldn't figure out where to put this.
I used to send my friend a few dollars for Christmas and his birthday but now his facility (J.T. Vaughn in Delaware) is no longer accepting money transfers through Textbehind.
They only accept Connectnetwork, and their website NEVER works (at least for me, it doesn't allow me to complete registration).
I am in Italy. I have tried to send money to my friend's mom through Transferwise and somehow she says it's not working.
I have tried Western Union and my bank doesn't allow transfers through that.
I'm out of options.
His mom asked me to just send some dollars in an envelope to her, but I don't trust this method.
Can someone give me some advice? How do you send money from Europe?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2018, 02:54 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,525 Posts

Oh boy... I have no clue... I've been using JPay which my boyfriend's facility accepts. I've never even heard about the other ones...
Old 04-17-2018, 04:31 AM
AmyLynn

As far as connect network can u maybe try to register again but using a different web browser? Mozzilla Firefox etc? I'm asking because I had problems years ago and I'm almost positive I solved it using another browser. Outside of that I don't know girl. Money in an envelope isn't safe not to mention would take forever to get there.

What about checking into PayPal? She would need a PayPal account to receive money and maybe you could send it to her that way.

Last edited by ItsMe81; 04-17-2018 at 04:34 AM..
Old 04-17-2018, 06:18 AM
Sandy

I went to their Web site. It only talks about mailing in money orders but doesn’t give the address to send it.

It talks about GTL ConnectNetwork for prepaid phone accounts, and it doesn’t sound as if you’re trying to put money for phone services.

You may want to try calling to specifically ask.
Delaware Department of Corrections (302) 739-5601
AND/OR
James T. Vaughn Correctional Center (302) 653-9261

Good luck.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by +VERDE+ View Post
I know this will probably be the wrong section... Sorry moderators but I couldn't figure out where to put this.
I used to send my friend a few dollars for Christmas and his birthday but now his facility (J.T. Vaughn in Delaware) is no longer accepting money transfers through Textbehind.
They only accept Connectnetwork, and their website NEVER works (at least for me, it doesn't allow me to complete registration).
I am in Italy. I have tried to send money to my friend's mom through Transferwise and somehow she says it's not working.
I have tried Western Union and my bank doesn't allow transfers through that.
I'm out of options.
His mom asked me to just send some dollars in an envelope to her, but I don't trust this method.
Can someone give me some advice? How do you send money from Europe?
Hello Verde
ConnectNetwork is a big money making machine which I figured out. Unfortunately you have no other option than to pay via connectnetwork. I was in a similar situation like yours.
But there can be a work around, if you're lucky.

Since you mention you're from Italian, you are deemed as INTERNATIONAL, which means you will have to pay more £/min for any incoming phone calls and also you will need to wire transfer or ACH deposit money into GTL's corporate account (with Wells Fargo) to top up your account. Once they receive the money, they will add the money into your connectnetwork account with the same amount.

Well if you plan to send money only once or twice in a year, I think the above method although lengthy should take care of it. Yes it works.

But here's what I do. Since I'm a dual citizen I take advantage of the fact that I'm American. So I opened a connectnetwork account with US ADDRESS. Once you open an account with US address, US phone number you can send money instantly provided the credit card / debit card u have has US address attached to it.

I would suggest you ask a friend in US (if you have) to help you out with this. Its really fast that way.

Unfortunately there's no other way you can send him money except for GTL.

Liam
Old 04-17-2018, 03:58 PM

I use jpay too, like Mizzy...pretty sure it's excepted in Delaware-have you tried that? It's super easy and very quick...