Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 1 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 1 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Gadsden Re-Entry Center, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex, Holmes CI Jackson CI Jefferson CI Liberty CI NWFRC NWFRC Annex Okaloosa CI Quincy Annex Santa Rosa CI Santa Rosa Annex Wakulla CI Wakulla CI Annex Walton CI

Old 07-30-2013, 03:46 PM

Default What is in Sunshine Dairy's replacement "Breakfast Drink"

Hey Everyone,

My babes just called me and told me that they replaced his milk at Blackwater CF with "Breakfast Drink" some powdered stuff made by Sunshine Dairy. He doesn't want to drink it without knowing what's in it and they won't tell him. So I've been looking for the company and have found a bunch of sunshine dairys all over the world, and contacted all of them, but none of them carry this product. Does anyone know what the hell is in this stuff or know how to get ahold of the company?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,092 Times in 568 Posts

Have you tried the Sunshine Dairy? I have never heard of it.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 07-30-2013, 04:02 PM

Ive looked up "Sunshine Dairy" Companies all over the US and the world and contacted all of them lol... I can't find any of them that are the ones distributing this stuff to Geo Group
Old 08-04-2013, 02:40 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,092 Times in 568 Posts

Here is a thought. Do they serve it to your hubby in a carton? Perhaps he could look on the carton and get info to you that way. Perhaps there is another spelling of it? You know someone had to have made it.
Just thoughts I had rambling.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Last edited by babygirl350; 08-04-2013 at 02:42 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-05-2013, 05:11 AM

Hey girl Trust me if it was in a carton with nutritional info on it, he wouldn't be asking me to find it lol... Yeah I've tried every possible spelling and usually I'm a hell of a sleuth on the internet but not this time. No luck whatsoever pulling this stuff up. And it's a powder they give them they have to mix it with water.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 PM

Default Sunshine Dairy powdered milk

http://www.sunshinedairy.com.au/_d273748663.htm

I dont know if this is what hes getting but its something.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Member Eternally ♥ RIP

Look up this on ohioDOTcom (got milk not at the summit county jail-1.252708.) I can post links since I don;t have enough posts.
This doesn't say sunshine dairy but it is a product that is being served to inmates as a cost cutting choice. The link is from Ohio but is about a product offered nationwide to over 600 prison.

It is offered by aramark which had a pretty shoddy history in Florida a few years back and was dropped as a vendor but they may be back in as vendors again since they are touting recent improvements.
But info and nutritional value on the aramark food line is not readily available online which seems typical of a company whose offerings are questionable, unsavory and marketed to prisons as the cheapest way of feeding people.
I was wondering if perhaps the dairy product was something that the troops were served. We ate a LOT of MRE's in the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Gustav here in Loiuisiana and there was a dairy product- milkshake thing that was offered. So possibly it could be something like that that your man is getting?