Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 AM

Cool Bond revocation question

Howdy ya'll,

I'm facing a trafficking charge from 2012 and just got recommended for intervention in lieu of conviction. So, I went in there today to meet with my PSI writer - I was honest on my probation questionnaire about the last time I smoked (2 days ago), and he said that was a good way to get my bond revoked.

I was under the impression that I'm supposed to be some sort of marijuana addict in order to be treated in lieu? I'm out on bond right now, and that was not part of my post-bond terms. No judge told me that I was supposed to stop using, because I most certainly didn't. Nor did I have to come into random testing or anything, I assumed that right now was when the trouble begins.

I understand that I will now be getting drug tested and realize that if I fail, it's a violation and I can't get the felony off my record anymore, etc. etc., so I will be clean now, no big deal, I turned down some codeine last night because I thought I was getting drug tested today, and only wanted to test positive for THC -- I'm just wondering, is it really possible that I can get my bond revoked for saying I used pot 2 days ago? My probation is yet to start, I still have to go in and pay for an assessment.

Thanks,
growup21

Last edited by growup21; 03-05-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 09:53 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,135 Times in 17,134 Posts

I believe you'd better go read your Bond Release one more time. A condition of my release was to abide by the law, including no drug/alcohol use. The Judge has to agree to the bond amount and usually sets stipulations. Abstaining from drug/alcohol use is usually included. Yes, if you test dirty they can most certainly can revoke your bond. Will they? I don't know.

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 03-05-2013, 12:45 PM

Thumbs up

rats! well, thank you for your response.
after reading I went thru my court shit, and I just looked at my release paper. it says CONDITION OF BOND: and then nothing in 2 different areas. also I'm out on a PR if that changes anything?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Are there no "little boxes" checked? ....I'm drawing a blank, what's PR?

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,919 Times in 13,724 Posts

Personal recognizance, a promise to appear without having to post any collateral to guarantee the bond. If there are no conditions specified, there should not be any, but the judge can always revoke the current bond and set a different one, or not set one at all, which would earn him a quick trip to jail. There's more than one way for that to happen, and if the PO is asking for him to be locked up, chances are he will be.
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-05-2013)
Old 03-06-2013, 06:31 AM

Thanked 11,111 Times in 6,008 Posts

Intervention and diversion programs certainly exist for addicted individuals, but one need not continue to keep using the substance in violation of the law in order for the addiction to have been demonstrated.

And it matters not whether specific language was on the bond paperwork to not violate the law...common sense should tell a person on bond to NOT VIOLATE THE LAW!

Oh yeah, and a new arrest will very likely kill the deal you seem to have pretty much in place at the moment.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Different states, different terminolgy: we call it OR: Own Recognizance

Quote:
after reading I went thru my court shit, and I just looked at my release paper. it says CONDITION OF BOND: and then nothing in 2 different areas. also I'm out on a PR if that changes anything?
Regardless, either a Judge, or at the very least PreTrial services, had to agree to the PR and there are conditions attached....even if those conditions are non-verbal/non-written. Its common sense to not break the law and/or continue to use illicit substances.

I do hope all turns out well.

patchouli, PTO Admin