Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:24 AM

Question Probation, Drug Testing and Colors Called - HELP!

I am on probation, and I'm on colors so I have to be tested for drugs twice a month at random. My concern is this: I still have yet to be tested even once for April and it's making me very paranoid. So far all other colors have been called this month except for mine and it is making me think that I did not hear mine called at some earlier point, even though I call everyday to see if I have to test. it has been so long since I last tested that everything tends to blur together and I have a hard time remembering what the recording said on the phone on which day. I've already expressed my concern to my PO and all he said was "well, you could be tested 2 days in a row." There are patterns to this 'random' testing as well. Tests are usually 2 weeks apart - it's been well over 3 now, you always test with the same group of people (ex Tan, Green, and White are always called together and from my knowledge no others in my group have been called either..), and there are others who test before you (for example, if Blue is called before you, Blue will always be called before you.)

Please, if anybody can help or share similar experiences I would be very relieved. I am just worried that I have missed a testing day, and then I will be violated, thrown in jail, and fired from my job.

Last edited by Xerc; 04-13-2011 at 08:05 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,135 Times in 17,134 Posts

When I was still in pretrial, I was on MCR (Monitored Conditional Release) and had to go through the same type system, call every morning to see what colors were called. Usually there was no color called, but once a week on a random day at least one color was called (usually just one and always blue--mine). Even when a second color was called, blue was called once a week. It seems to me that it depended on the severity of the charges because there was certain colors that were called maybe once a month, some every couple of weeks. If you're calling the drug testing line every morning and checking in with PO, I'd say you don't anything to worry about. There is the possibility that they will call you two days in a row--trying to catch someone off guard, thinking they're safe & using after the first test. That happened once when I was doing it.....I got called twice in one week (the second test being a Saturday). Not a big deal, as I don't use drugs
Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-13-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
When I was still in pretrial, I was on MCR (Monitored Conditional Release) and had to go through the same type system, call every morning to see what colors were called. Usually there was no color called, but once a week on a random day at least one color was called (usually just one and always blue--mine). Even when a second color was called, blue was called once a week. It seems to me that it depended on the severity of the charges because there was certain colors that were called maybe once a month, some every couple of weeks. If you're calling the drug testing line every morning and checking in with PO, I'd say you don't anything to worry about. There is the possibility that they will call you two days in a row--trying to catch someone off guard, thinking they're safe & using after the first test. That happened once when I was doing it.....I got called twice in one week (the second test being a Saturday). Not a big deal, as I don't use drugs
Welcome to PTO!
I remember that the very first day I had to start calling I had to go in and test. Not fun. And yeah from what I've read & heard from others is that everything from sentencing to fines varies from county to county, state to state. My county is notorious for screwing people over on both.

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for moving my thread to the right place!
The Following User Says Thank You to Xerc For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-13-2011)
Old 04-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Parole Officer

If you're EVER worried about your supervision, the first person to ask is your PO. Show up in person to thier office and make sure everything is ok.

Last edited by WA CCO; 04-13-2011 at 09:05 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to WA CCO For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-14-2011)
Old 03-13-2013, 11:02 AM

Cool Color code for probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerc View Post
I am on probation, and I'm on colors so I have to be tested for drugs twice a month at random. My concern is this: I still have yet to be tested even once for April and it's making me very paranoid. So far all other colors have been called this month except for mine and it is making me think that I did not hear mine called at some earlier point, even though I call everyday to see if I have to test. it has been so long since I last tested that everything tends to blur together and I have a hard time remembering what the recording said on the phone on which day. I've already expressed my concern to my PO and all he said was "well, you could be tested 2 days in a row." There are patterns to this 'random' testing as well. Tests are usually 2 weeks apart - it's been well over 3 now, you always test with the same group of people (ex Tan, Green, and White are always called together and from my knowledge no others in my group have been called either..), and there are others who test before you (for example, if Blue is called before you, Blue will always be called before you.)

Please, if anybody can help or share similar experiences I would be very relieved. I am just worried that I have missed a testing day, and then I will be violated, thrown in jail, and fired from my job.
I have had this experience a couple of times. Either the person that updates the phone lines "forgets" to add a color for the month on accident or to give u enuf rope to hang urself.. Either way if ur calling everyday, dnt stress. However, with regard to the "pattern" I thought the same thing until this month... I'm on pink a once a month color, and for the last two years Red was ALWAYS called before pink... Usually a few days prior.This month it DID NOT happen! I had no warning. Fortunately I had made the decision to stop messing around and taking chances with my freedom as I've been on for 3 yrs already and have a chance at early term in March of next year.... But DO NOT count on that pattern 100%... For the most part it's good, but not always. I've kept a calender (recommended by a previous probation officer) for 2 years so it does have a certain degree of predicability. Keep tracc! write down the daily colors. But also count the days in between ur tests. Good lucc!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Not active-find *********
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,006 Posts

the original post is 2 years old.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
The Following User Says Thank You to Momma Ann For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (03-13-2013)