Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:59 PM
james' monkey

Default I have questions about CRAF.

my boyfriend was tranferred to craf last wed almost a week. I still have not heard from him and im getting worried now. The second day he was there i put the account on my phone so it would be ready for him to call. But still nothing. How come. Then Ive been calling craf but none answers how do I send my boyfriend money so he can get pen paper stamps env. and hygiene products. No one answers there and i keep calling to find out. please if you can answer my questions it put me more at ease. I came across this site looking for info on craf and I was so happy I was using my moms comp and i went out and got a netbook tonight. Im so happy I can speak to others going through the same thing as me. Please help if you can thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Donation Award 

It can take up to a few weeks for the pin to go in as I understand it. When my husband went through CRAF they gave him postage when he had no money in his account. You can try looking him up on the DOC website, if he's there it will have his SBI#, and you can send him money with that. Try calling during the day, not at lunch time. I had to call several times, but they finally answered. Good Luck, and Welcome!

Old 09-07-2010, 02:21 PM
james' monkey

thank u so much. I called as soon as they opened this morning turned out he was going before the commity today to see where he will be going. she said because they dont know how long he will be staying yet that they did not set up a commissary account for him or prob a pin either. She did say I can call back tomorrow morning though and they will have more information on where he is being shipped out to next. how do u send them money through there sbi number. I do have his number. thanks again so much for helping me.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Peace Comes from Within

Thanked 1,439 Times in 772 Posts

You send them a MO. The M.O. needs to have their name, SBI # .....and where my son is..... I also need to put his inmate #, and my full name and address. I didn't send my son $ when he was at CRAF because he was out of there so fast.

I couldn't wait until my son's pin was activated so he could call me but it took awhile. He didn't call until he was at his home prison. The first M.O I sent him there only had his SBI # on it and he still got it but it took a little longer to get on his books.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Donation Award 

Same here, I put both numbers on my husband's MO's. If he went to classification today try calling again tomorrow, they should at least know where he is going.

My husband was in CRAF for one week, and now his home prison for 2 weeks, and still no pin, it can take awhile.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:25 PM
james' monkey

Thank you so much. Im going to call tomorrow and see where he is going and see if he will be in craf for awhile or not. then i can figure out about the money. Do they give them pen and paper atleast? i miss him like crazy. I just want to hear his voice and know he is ok. thanks again for the help. i really appreciate it.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.DmissesD View Post
Same here, I put both numbers on my husband's MO's. If he went to classification today try calling again tomorrow, they should at least know where he is going.

My husband was in CRAF for one week, and now his home prison for 2 weeks, and still no pin, it can take awhile.
You're lucky he was in only one week. My husband has been there for 2 weeks now and there is someone there also going to SW that has been there for 8 weeks, yet tonite they told 2 guys who were there only a week that they are going to SW tomorrow!!! Guess it depends on your classification. Luckily though, T was able to call fairly weekly!!

Old 09-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Donation Award 

I am not sure if they give them a pen and paper, but my husband wrote me two letters while he was there, so he got them somehow. He had no money while he was there.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne1122 View Post
You're lucky he was in only one week. My husband has been there for 2 weeks now and there is someone there also going to SW that has been there for 8 weeks, yet tonite they told 2 guys who were there only a week that they are going to SW tomorrow!!! Guess it depends on your classification. Luckily though, T was able to call fairly weekly!!
Believe me I know he lucked out! He went to Southern State, and he was only in county for 2 weeks too. We have been lucky so far...I hope that luck carries over to getting ISP.

The only thing that isn't working out for us is the phone. NO PIN STILL!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 10:18 PM
james' monkey

well I will find out tomorrow where he goes maybe james is one of those two that has only been there a week and is being moved. although i dont want him to go to southern state its way to far. I guess I will see in a few hours I will let you guys know thanks again
Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Donation Award 

Southern State is far...but there are worse places to be. Good luck! I hope you get some answers tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Donation Award 

Yep, if you have to "pick" a prison to be at in NJ, it's southern state. very laid back there... my boyfriend has had no problems and he says for the most part all the guards are pretty nice. he's quite friendly with a few of them, they talk hunting and all that stuff...
Old 09-08-2010, 08:35 PM
james' monkey

well its officially he is going to southern state I still have not heard from him but they told me today. thats 171 vmiles from me ugh. They dont know when a bed will be available for him. So I am going to send him a money order tomorrow, so atleast if he is there he will get it. Does anyone know the address to craf to send it to. I couldnt understand the lady on the phone. LOL i cant believe its been 7 days since I talked to him. not even a letter. This sucks!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4ani20 View Post
well its officially he is going to southern state I still have not heard from him but they told me today. thats 171 vmiles from me ugh. They dont know when a bed will be available for him. So I am going to send him a money order tomorrow, so atleast if he is there he will get it. Does anyone know the address to craf to send it to. I couldnt understand the lady on the phone. LOL i cant believe its been 7 days since I talked to him. not even a letter. This sucks!
So sorry to hear. I understand completely. its 176 miles from me, but the drive isn't bad, and it really isn't a bad place. PM me, we may be close, and could carpool.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:52 PM

Default ?

Hi -- I wonder if they changed things since 4.08. That is when my son was there - he called but I had the phone set up since county. He was
at craf for about 2 weeks, then off to Mountainview, I think if I recall
correctly he was given an envelope with a stamp and paper to write
and tell me he was okay and where he was,,I dont know the formula
they use because people that went over with my son that went to
Mountainview went before him also..he said the food was better than
county because he had just had a waffle with syrup and that he hadnt
had since his demise in 12.06..hope it helps nite everyone