Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison & jail visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Visiting rahway ad seg

Anyone have any experience with ad seg visits at rahway? my boyfriend was transferred there in may, and I am supposed to go and see him this wednesday..he was saying something about it being in a different building than the regular visits??? and that i need to come early cause his bunkie's mom tried to visit, couldn't find the right place and they only got like 10 min visit. also, dress code...i know, no hoodies, tight, low cut stuff. any particular colors you can't wear? and do they have lockers there? (i know at yardville it was- no brown or camoflage) i heard they are really strict with the metal detectors, so just to be safe I'm not even going to wear a bra that has underwire..(at yardville i would set it off everytime) any input would be helpful
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2007, 07:44 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

This is a window visit only. Ad seg is located on the left side of the Dome bldg. That is, you need to drive past the front of the prison on the main road [I can't remember the name of the road] and enter the driveway that appears once you pass the main prison bldg. on the right side. There used to be a sign but I have not been there for a while. When I was last there to visit there were no lockers; basically a small lobby where you wait until your loved one is brought to one of the booths. You are then allowed into the window visitor area where you will speak over a phone that is monitored by the CO's. they may have changed things but when I visited there was no metal detector of any sort b/c it was a window visit. Now at Trenton you did go thru a metal detector even for a window visit so it might have changed at Rahway, too. I used to lock my purse in my car trunk and only take in my ID and car key. I suggest you do the same. Maybe things have upgraded since I was there several years ago but I tend to doubt it has changed all that much!!!
Good luck....

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 11-05-2007, 06:10 AM

Thanks a lot!! I have one more question, if anyone knows the answer to this one...on the doc website, for regular visits, it lists the actual visit times, as well as the registration period..but for the window visits, it only lists the actual visit time, no reg. period. I'm guessing then that they won't let you in any earlier than when the actual visit time begins? (I'm only asking, because I don't want to go all the way down there and then not get in because everyone else got on line an hour earlier)...
Old 11-05-2007, 06:33 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

I've never seen a line for visiting someone in ad seg at any prison. Not many get visits in the first place and then b/c ad seg visits are often during the week, that makes visits even less frequent.

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 11-22-2007, 11:25 PM
loved!

Thanked 1,148 Times in 716 Posts

rahway ad seg is about 2 blocks from the main prison. they call it the red roof inn because of the color of the roof.

there's no detectors because its a window visit, and just dress normally and you'll get in. the officers aren't down your throat at the visit but there is one in view at all times...

it's a pretty cool place to visit surprisingly, i've never had an issue with the officers there and our first visit we got an hour and a half because the officer was cool like that.