Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > GREEN HAVEN HUB - NY DOCS
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GREEN HAVEN HUB - NY DOCS New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the GREEN HAVEN HUB - Green Haven, Downstate, Fishkill, Beacon, Taconic, Bedford Hills.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:48 PM

Default Does anyone know when transfers will start after the pause is lifted?

Hello i was wondering after the pause is lifted tommorow does anyone no when transfers will start cause there will be no pause so things can start moving reason it wasn't because of the pause
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2020, 03:10 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,412 Times in 2,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Hello i was wondering after the pause is lifted tommorow does anyone no when transfers will start cause there will be no pause so things can start moving reason it wasn't because of the pause
Visits are canceled until Jume 1st as of now. I doubt they will do too much movement as there are outbreaks in many of the prisons.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Visits are canceled until Jume 1st as of now. I doubt they will do too much movement as there are outbreaks in many of the prisons.
Oh okay it will probably change do you think so he had said something about the 6 th but who knows things change weekly they are gonna be packed if they do have visits the 1 st of june
Old 05-14-2020, 04:08 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,148 Times in 518 Posts

I doubt there will be any visits for a while inNYS, we are in the midst of the virus currently
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 05:13 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Oh okay it will probably change do you think so he had said something about the 6 th but who knows things change weekly they are gonna be packed if they do have visits the 1 st of june
There are at least 7 prisons with massive outbreaks, people quarantined, and people dying. The state may reopen slowly in places, but prisons i doubt highly
Old 05-17-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Itís hard to tell because mine was moved during all this.. but his was because of a fight he had so he was sent to a max facility. I think if itís a serious need they will makes moves but with this virus they are being cautious. One of the COís did tell him that there are still transfers going on but not much. I donít see visits opening up for a long time either and honestly, I think itís for the best because those rooms are going to be flooded and god forbid an outbreak. Itís best to be safe than sorry.

I ❤️ You Mr.J

..Waiting is the hardest part in loving someone; you need to wait in order to know that it is true..
Old 05-17-2020, 07:55 AM
Donation Award 

The lifted Pause is only stage 1 for certain regions. Phase 3 is when prisons go back to normal. We are far away from that. Considering most inmates are from the downstate region of NY and are sent up North.

Phase one only lifts conditions for construction and manufacturing. This does not mean life goes back to normal.

Transfers are minimal because of cross contamination between facilities. North Country has not had a pause test to date. If they move people from other facilities, you have another outbreak. Yes there is movement, but it is for SHU. Many facilities do not have long term SHU facilities.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 11:10 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
The lifted Pause is only stage 1 for certain regions. Phase 3 is when prisons go back to normal. We are far away from that. Considering most inmates are from the downstate region of NY and are sent up North.

Phase one only lifts conditions for construction and manufacturing. This does not mean life goes back to normal.

Transfers are minimal because of cross contamination between facilities. North Country has not had a pause test to date. If they move people from other facilities, you have another outbreak. Yes there is movement, but it is for SHU. Many facilities do not have long term SHU facilities.
Or even locked doors 🚪 In certain facilities
Old 05-17-2020, 11:16 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
Or even locked doors �� In certain facilities
So bizarre... everything is backwards
Old 07-04-2020, 07:16 PM

Anyone know if they are moving them frequently? Hubby got word today that he’s on the draft and being moved Monday. Not sure where cause he was given 6 months SHU and he’s being moved, any idea what that could mean? He still has 4 months to serve for SHU time

I ❤️ You Mr.J

..Waiting is the hardest part in loving someone; you need to wait in order to know that it is true..
Old 07-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHarley23 View Post
Anyone know if they are moving them frequently? Hubby got word today that heís on the draft and being moved Monday. Not sure where cause he was given 6 months SHU and heís being moved, any idea what that could mean? He still has 4 months to serve for SHU time
Movement had been getting regular. If he still has SHU time to do he will be doing it wherever they send him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
MrsHarley23 (07-04-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Movement had been getting regular. If he still has SHU time to do he will be doing it wherever they send him.
Thank you!
I just found it odd that they would move him from one SHU to another and heís been super quiet and humble. Beats me!
I wonder where the heck heís going lol ..

I ❤️ You Mr.J

Old 07-05-2020, 02:34 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHarley23 View Post
Thank you!
I just found it odd that they would move him from one SHU to another and heís been super quiet and humble. Beats me!
I wonder where the heck heís going lol ..
Itís not a punitive move, but during the move freeze, if the facility you were housed in could accommodate a lock in cell situation, they stayed. But now that movement is on, your LO will most likely go to a facility that has specific SHU dedication, and that opens a cell for a GP cell and someone who can participate in work and programs when they fully start up.

All the state readies are waiting to come in to regular GP from the reception centers, so itís just really a logistics thing. Long term SHUís would normally go to a SHU 200 if Covid hadnít happened.
I hope this helps ease your mind. He did nothing to facilitate move, its just the universe going back to work
Old 07-05-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Itís not a punitive move, but during the move freeze, if the facility you were housed in could accommodate a lock in cell situation, they stayed. But now that movement is on, your LO will most likely go to a facility that has specific SHU dedication, and that opens a cell for a GP cell and someone who can participate in work and programs when they fully start up.

All the state readies are waiting to come in to regular GP from the reception centers, so itís just really a logistics thing. Long term SHUís would normally go to a SHU 200 if Covid hadnít happened.
I hope this helps ease your mind. He did nothing to facilitate move, its just the universe going back to work
Ahhh okay! I get it! I was just confused because he was sent from a medium to a max to do SHU and now being moved but all we can do is role with the punches at this point ..

I ❤️ You Mr.J