Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 1 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 1 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Gadsden Re-Entry Center, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex, Holmes CI Jackson CI Jefferson CI Liberty CI NWFRC NWFRC Annex Okaloosa CI Quincy Annex Santa Rosa CI Santa Rosa Annex Wakulla CI Wakulla CI Annex Walton CI

Old 04-28-2013, 03:18 AM

Default Need Info on Blackwater River Prison

Can someone give me info on Blackwater River Prison? I know it is run by GEO but that is all I know. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,421 Posts

I have visited this facility. It's where Marty was when we got approved to marry, where he was when he fell and hit his head so hard he thought he could get back on that mess and talk to me like I was a dog, and where he was when I moved to Georgia and got married.....

But, you didn't ask about that.

It's only inside visiting with a big lunch room like visiting area with a partition in the middle and prisoners with children visitors sit on one side and all others go to the other side. That's all I know about that, I didn't ask and no one volunteered any info.

All change machine gives you the dollar coins, I thought that was neat. The visiting area has a TV and usually plays kiddy shows. They have coloring pages and crayons and games and such at the check in desk. But, the prisoner has to sign them in and out. Out of about 10 visits, I never saw anyone get in trouble for anything. So, they are either really laid back or they make sure to keep it hush, hush.

I'm sure someone else will be along here shortly to fill in any gaps.

Oh, keep in mind, the time frame I speak of was the fall of 2011. Anything could have changed by now...

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Old 05-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Carlos'swifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Mom
Can someone give me info on Blackwater River Prison? I know it is run by GEO but that is all I know. Thanks
Hi Mickey's Mom
Here's the low down on BRCF. The guards will canvass the parking lot and then let visitors in to fill out forms about 7:30.
They will hold car keys with your id.
After hand test and pat down if you're cleared you are lead to the vp. The VP only has machines and yes there is a coin machine. But beware it has the problem of running out regularly. The machines have the typical stuck coffee, soda, sandwiches and recently cheesecake, ice cream.
The tables are set up with 4 chairs and u are able to hold hands with your love one.
It is an only inside VP. There is an outside walled section that they used to allow visitors to go but that stopped after removal of cigarettes.
There is no tv only games , deck of cards and coloring books for kids.
If u wanna take pictures your love one has to purchase ahead of time from the canteen back at the dorms.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Us Against the World

My love just got approval to transfer there... Of course, there's a waiting list... Been dealing w/the system for 13 years now... Hoping Blackwater is better being it's a private facility.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,421 Posts

I can't say about Blackwater but Graceville was no different except they separated child offenders from children in the VP.
The food is supposed to be better but there is so little of it....
And they were just as anal retentive when it came to dealing with issues. They make a wee bit more than state employees so they think they are that much better...even than other facilities.
I hope you have a more positive experience.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE