Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison For anyone that has a same sex partner, family member, friend or Pen Pal in prison that is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgendered.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:32 PM

Default Any danger of sending my pic to my BF?

Right now I have a little problem. My LO and myself have already spoken of this while he was in county jail. I have a lot of concern regarding sending a picture of myself to him. He has since now transferred to state jail. I know when I ask him again he'll immediately will say yes but the last thing I want to do is cause him any problems while he is in there. Have any of you guys have any problems with this?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 07:36 PM

Thanked 1,162 Times in 492 Posts

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by problem but I haven't encountered any and I've sent numerous photos of myself. When I do I put his name and # on the back so they aren't lost or given out somewhere else. Good luck

Just like the sun goes down at night
Just like the moon and stars come out
To light up the sky
Just like every spring has gloomy days
Full of thunderous rain
Before new flowers bloom
Just like the river travels long rough
Miles through cities and towns just to
Flow into the sea for eternity
There Will Be A Time For Us
Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 PM

Thanked 1,561 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaclaw View Post
Right now I have a little problem. My LO and myself have already spoken of this while he was in county jail. I have a lot of concern regarding sending a picture of myself to him. He has since now transferred to state jail. I know when I ask him again he'll immediately will say yes but the last thing I want to do is cause him any problems while he is in there. Have any of you guys have any problems with this?
Does everyone have to know you are his significant other? Could you be a cousin....brother?

I do not see an issue with sending him your photo, unless you plan on sending something kinky..lol

Good luck!

Peace~
Wendy1918 (04-24-2014)
Old 10-23-2012, 09:08 PM

Thanked 9,454 Times in 5,375 Posts

Depends on the nature of the picture whether it creates problems for him...well, that and how 'out' he is. State Jail has some of the same sort of classification options for those that need to be separated from the more traditional general population but there are also plenty of gay inmates in the general population who functioned just fine. The mailroom really won't care one way or the other as long as the pics are consistent with agency rules (ie. no nudity)...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Wendy1918 (04-24-2014)
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InmateLover67 View Post
Does everyone have to know you are his significant other? Could you be a cousin....brother?

I do not see an issue with sending him your photo, unless you plan on sending something kinky..lol

Good luck!

Peace~
LOL we can't pull off the cousin thing since we're different in terms of race. I'll still send the picture to him. I'll just have to trust him on this since this the whole prison experience is way out of my league.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:44 AM

Thanked 1,983 Times in 850 Posts

Should not be a problem. He should have his own locker if he wants to keep it private. My guy has my pic right up on his bulletin board...just tells cell mate I'm his best friend.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Sweet Thing

I would go ahead and send one... what could it hurt? He has the option to keep it private so it shouldn't cause him much trouble.

“We loved with a love that was more than love.” ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaclaw View Post
LOL we can't pull off the cousin thing since we're different in terms of race. I'll still send the picture to him. I'll just have to trust him on this since this the whole prison experience is way out of my league.
Ah... I have adopted siblings who are black. I'm very white. Family can be family regardless of race. This is 2012!
hokeypokey321 (05-18-2014), itstheocean12 (12-23-2012), Minor activist (09-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Shane's Wife for Life

If you think he'll say yes anyway, I'd take that as confidence in his end it wouldn't be a problem. I'm sure it would be ok... after all its just a picture.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:46 PM

Default had no problems

I've been sending lots over the years He tells mr its none of there business what I send or what I say to him
Old 12-05-2014, 12:55 PM

i would be leary about sending a complete stranger my pic but that's just me!!
Old 09-07-2017, 09:04 PM

How long is a piece of string? I live in Australia, there is no comeuppances that can affect me long term from sending a photo of myself to someone else. Even if it did get passed around.

There's not so much they could do except try to create another inmate profile, and good luck with that if they're in a womens facility. The offender ID would give it away straight away.

Now if your boots are on the ground in the United States where most people are writing OK fine, they might be able to ID you a little easier if they get out. I suggest you use a PO Box instead of your real address.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roumelio For This Useful Post:
missingdee (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:03 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,516 Times in 1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roumelio View Post
How long is a piece of string? I live in Australia, there is no comeuppances that can affect me long term from sending a photo of myself to someone else. Even if it did get passed around.

There's not so much they could do except try to create another inmate profile, and good luck with that if they're in a womens facility. The offender ID would give it away straight away.

Now if your boots are on the ground in the United States where most people are writing OK fine, they might be able to ID you a little easier if they get out. I suggest you use a PO Box instead of your real address.
Good advice on the PO Box. That's what I did for Dee's entire sentence. Still have it, too. Frankly, even if you're not involved in any way with someone in prison, I feel like it's a good thing to have because it's a secure place to have financial information delivered (had one too many items stolen out of my parents' mailbox.)

It turned out to be a good safeguard, on more than one occasion my address got into the wrong hands. But the best anyone could have ever done is go to the post office and wait for me to show up if there was ever any real trouble. (Instead I got letters from girls asking me for cash because they saw I took care of Dee and figured they could pull me for a few bucks as well. LOL! Um. Nope.)

I've not heard of anyone having any real trouble just for sending a picture in. I suppose I was probably in more danger than most since Dee and I had actual history, I came to visit regularly when allowed, etc. But a problem? No.

Of course, I can't really speak to the Men's prisons. But my cousin spent some time in a lower-security prison and said he never felt a threat. Maybe if you were at Pelican Bay or some such thing...
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas

Last edited by missingdee; 09-13-2017 at 02:06 AM..
Old 09-13-2017, 05:24 AM

I worried more about the address on the letter than the photo, but like MissingDee, my experience is with woman's prisons. So getting a PO Box is a good thing. In general it's also good to sign up for a credit monitoring service. This is just good insurance to have given all the data breaches that are happening. I had LifeLock for several years before I started writing to someone in prison. It helped me out recently when someone signed up for a cell phone contact with my name and SS number.
The Following User Says Thank You to K6770 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-14-2017)