Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 07-13-2004, 05:59 AM

Thanks for mentioning that. I didn't even know they could get "tickets" in there, until I read what you wrote and asked him about it, and that is also important to keep in mind. I'd rather lose my privilege of seeing him than cause him any trouble in there. With carefulness and luck, neither of those will happen!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2004, 06:04 PM

Hey guys, thanks for this thread. It really helps the new comers, but I wish I read it earlier. I got my visits revoked back in January for "committing a sexual act". yeah yeah, I know I should have known better, but sometimes you get caught up in the feeling.
Anyway long story short, the guards come over and terminate our visit. Im trying to keep my face on cause at this point, Im gonna have to pick it up off the floor im so embarrassed. While my boo is being taken away, one of the inmates quietly tells me their strict adn we definately can't do that.
So Im trying to play it cool, like I dont want to run out of the jail and cry when I walk up to the front desk to be released. The guard lets me out, to turn around and take me back in. All the guards were pointing and saying "thats her, thats her" Now all the visitors are looking at me again, because they made me come back in. Do you believe they brought in the Warden, who began to ask me was it consentual? They through my boo in the hole and 10 days later when he got out, he was known as "you know what" hands. The guards made sure to tell all the inmates.
Needless to say I definately learned my lesson, but my boo hasn't and it brings me to this question. Im not aware of a dress code at this prision, and being that the six month termination of visits are over in August, what can I wear? Of course my boo, lost in the days we were together, is planning all of his favorite outfits for me to wear. But after reading your post, they may terminate a visit.

-Can you wear skirts? I did in the first two visits, but it was cold so I had on high shoe boots.
- Is it true no sleeves shirts?
-What else should I worry about?

help me please
Old 07-14-2004, 10:14 AM

In the prison I go to, you can wear skirts, but they are not supposed to come more than 3" above your knees while sitting down. A lot of the time, sleeveless shirts or blouses are prohibited because your bra may be showing through the side. A lot of the time, I also notice that the CO's will go by how well "proportioned" you are. Like for instance, if you have a lot of behind, you are more likely to lose a visit for wearing a baby tee and tight pants (they say the shirt is too short and the pants, if not denim don't leave enough to the imagination). The same thing goes for a top heavy female, especially with showing cleavage. I stick to T-shirts & polos myself. What ever you choose to wear when you go back in August make sure you think it through. Remember, you're going to always be on record as "that couple who did that thing". They'll probably watch you harder than everyone else any how. I hope that this helps you and any one else who was wondering.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:34 AM

Where we are at is pretty cool most of the time. We have a few guards that are by the book, We got a warning once because his arm was resting against my leg. Do we sneel kisses and such? Yeah sometimes the guards see it sometimes they don't. It is hard though because in a room that holds 200 people there are all the cameras and at least three to five guards.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,527 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GANGSTA'S BOO
[b]help me please
GB - you should make a post in the state forum where the prison is located. The other members there should be able to fill you in on all of that DOC's rules involving dress code...
Old 07-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Luvin the Man named Dre

Whoahhhhh..these Are Some Crazy Stories. I've Never Had My Visit Terminated. I'm Scared Now. I Might Just Sit Across From Him Now.
Lol

Old 09-01-2004, 07:29 AM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

I'd flown 1000s of miles over the Atlantic last month to visit Jerry. We know the rules and didnt mean to break any! One the 4th day's visit we were talking... facing one another, when a CO came up to us, reminding us that we were only alowed to touch at the beginning of the visit and at the end. We looked at ne another baffled wondering why she was telling us that as we already knew that... Then she told us that i had a ELBOW resting on his knee!!! I'd done that subconscienciously. We were told to lean back from one another for the rest of th visit, which made our conversations struggled as the visiting room was real noisy!
I guess the CO was having a bad day that day because shortly after that warning, another couple had their visit terminated, because another visitor told the CO that she'd spotted an inmate putting his hand up his wifes skirt!! Luckily he wasnt written up so his wife was allowed to visit him the next day... She wore trousers the next day!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2nice For This Useful Post:
Uzizitka (05-09-2010)
Old 09-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,088 Times in 567 Posts

It just goes to show you we have to be forever mindful of the rules and regulations and make sure that we dont break any.
I know when my husband was transfered to another institution where we couldnt touch it was one of the hardest things to do. We would keep on putting our hands up in the air as if we were going to touch and yet we knew we couldnt.
Clothes are always an issue and I just try and always be mindful of that. I have learned that some can get away with some type of clothing where I cant, so I dont even try.
It is their house and we have to live by their rules if we are to keep visitation. Just have to try and be mindful of that during their stay there.
Remember Hope is a good thing, it springs life eternal.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 09-21-2004, 10:23 PM

Hi, thanks for all the good information everyone. I am currently waiting for my first prison visit. My hunny was sent from county jail to a Michigan state prison. Does anyone know where I can get info on visitation rules? I am dying to just hug my hubby. But after reading all of this I am concerned I will inadvertantly do something wrong. If anyone has information on visitation in Michigan state prisons I would really appreciate any info. thanks to all of you and god bless!
Old 09-21-2004, 11:15 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,527 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crenshaw'sWife
Hi, thanks for all the good information everyone. I am currently waiting for my first prison visit. My hunny was sent from county jail to a Michigan state prison. Does anyone know where I can get info on visitation rules? I am dying to just hug my hubby. But after reading all of this I am concerned I will inadvertantly do something wrong. If anyone has information on visitation in Michigan state prisons I would really appreciate any info. thanks to all of you and god bless!
We have lots of active members in the Michigan forum - if you will make a post in there with your questions about visitation I know you will get lots of replies.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:36 PM

I got my visits suspended for 30 days because me and my hunny suppposably kissed to long at the end. I that right? I've been pissed off ever since cause now I get this cheap kisses from him cause he doesn't want to get our visits suspended again... I mean I get a kiss don't I it wasn't like we were kissing for hours it was just a real passionate kiss Arrggg

Old 09-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Well I guess a cheap kiss is better than having your visits suspended and not getting a kiss at all.
Sorry I guess some prisons are more strict than others.
May she rest in peace.

Old 09-24-2004, 10:30 AM
~*!vette*~

Angry

I was taken off my man's list for 6 months... because i got caught carving our initials on the table top in the visiting room ...I could've died when a few weeks later I received a notice letting me know i was taken off his list ...And MAYBE I'll be approved back on his list after these looooong 6 months which should be over in December...
Old 09-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Yea, they don't take too kindly to that sort of thing. They consider it destruction of property. It seems like a six month restriction is a little harsh though. I guess you wont be doing that again.
May she rest in peace.

Old 09-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Well I went to visit my husband today and there are alot of steps. I am using a cane now since my accident and I was out of breathe. I decided to sit down on a ledge that was there for just a brief moment and this female guard came over and asked what I was doing. I said just catching my breathe before I tackle the steps and she said well you are going to have to move on that isnt allowed.
I wonder what she would of said if I would of passed out on the ground, say that isn't allowed either. LOL
By the way, she knew I was visiting my husband and I sure wasn't going to sit out there the whole day.
May she rest in peace.

Old 10-01-2004, 05:40 PM
I is a College Student
Donation Award 

This may not have to do with visits per se, but kind of similar. I'm a volunteer at one of the prisons here and we're also held to a standard. We break the rules and suffer the repercussions. Case in point: I went right after work to do my thing up at the prison. I had on a dress down to my knees and an old fut looking dress at that. The guard almost didn't let me go through and had to call his supervisor to double check that my dress was passable. Another time I had on a pair of pants but because they were a little form fitting I almost lost my "visit". I thought they were going to bust me on the sandals but thank God I had back straps on them or else...

Oh brother...
Old 10-02-2004, 12:52 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

It just goes to show you, we all have to be so very careful of how we dress. I wonder if the male visitors have as much problems with their dress as us ladies do? Are there any males out there who would like to comment, Phil in Paris perhaps?
May she rest in peace.

Old 10-02-2004, 10:55 AM

Hi from Wisconsin, We must have it pretty easy here after reading these stories or I have just lucked out. The only incident we have had is once when we were getting up to leave he slapped my butt and the CO was right behind him which was totally stupid on his part. He said he looked around first and didn't see anyone of course because she was behind him. She said (the Co), I should write you a ticket but I'll let it pass this time because you and your family look so happy. Go figure...
When he was first transferred to reception, he wrote me a letter saying to bring him his tounge ring, dumb unaware me thought no big deal and gave it to him. He was shocked and said he was kidding. He still has it, 9 months later. That offense could have ended visitation for sure. I've learned the ropes and shaped up since then. Overall, the CO's have been nice and helpful.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

I have found overall the CO's are very nice also. Most of the problems I saw was at one institution which is one of the largest and the problems were with the check in procedures. I didn't have any, however, each week I would be a witness to something wrong with the check in procedures.
I am just so glad my husband is no longer at that prison. It definitely put a damper on our visits.
Not to mention it took 45min to 1hour to check in before I even got to see him.
May she rest in peace.

Old 10-02-2004, 09:57 PM
JaSoN'sPrinCess

i just had my first visit today!!!!!!!!! FINALLY i got to see my hunny, its been so long....well neway in the prison he s at, its pretty good! I was surprized becuz in the rules it says not to wear revealing clothes and any type of sweaters or sweat pants...but every one there (the gilrs) had on revealing clothes! The only thing that you are not allowed to do there is make out....they let you kiss the guy (lil pecks)...touch him like on his face and anywhere else thats appropriate as long as there is no excessive behavior...I loved the visit and cant wait to go again next week and take my son this time.

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=<i>2007</i>&month=<i>10</i>&day=<i>17</i>&offset=<i>offset</i>"></SCRIPT>
Old 10-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Closed

I have noticed that one of the biggest poblems at Union Correctional with visitation is the lack of consitensy on the part of the C.O.s in the visiting room. Since I am an out of state visitor, I usually go on Fridays because it is the "special" visiting day. There's hardly anyone there and the C.O.s are usually alot nicer. I have had visits where it is only my friend and I and no one else, and the C.O. has actually left the visiting room with my friend and I unattended. He was gone for about 5 or 10 minutes. Enough time for something to happen if I wanted to risk it. There was another day, this time a Saturday, when I visited and there was an inmate leaned up against the wall in the visiting room and his girlfriend was leaned on him, like face to face and she had her arms around his neck and everything and they even kissed. My friend put his arm around my waist and the C.O. yelled at him to stop touching my ass (which he wasn't doing) but didn't say a word to the other couple. I get frustrated because of the lack of consistensy. But you learn to pay attention to what C.O.s are a little more liberal in the visitation room!
Old 10-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Jasons Princess - Glad you enjoyed your first visit. Dont let the rules or who disobeys them fool you into thinking it is allowed. It could just be the CO's who were working that day. Some pay closer attention than others.
One thing for certain is, you cant go wrong by following the rules for the most part.
May she rest in peace.

Old 10-04-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm his Super She-Ro!!!

Normally I have a nice visit with my husband. But do to no fault of his, mine or the prison it was not so nice. I get up at 4 am in the morning and drive through bad roads, road kill, construction, vultures, and darkness. That nothing compared to people who REFUSE to decipline their children. My husband and I could hardly hear one another for this woman and her children. Kids running all over the place, messing with stuff, disturbing the other people. No offense to people who do have children but PLEASE keep your kids with you as to not disturb other people. After 15 minutes the child is bored so they will act out. Finally I noticed the CO get up and tell this woman to keep her kids at the table.
<center>Waiting Wives Club Member.... <center><center>To My Husband...Baby, It's a lot of folks doing this but they aint all keepin' it real, we are in 2 different worlds but still, I love and need you and I wont let you go, Its hard enough being alone I know you're missing me, missing home, rest your head cause you already know that Im by your side, forever keeping your hopes alive, I know how it feels to cry, you will never be alone in your struggle for life
Old 10-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Well I am sorry to hear about your noisy visit Tears. Where my husband is, the CO's make the inmates keep the children under control, or they end the visit. A certain degree of noise is acceptable as long as it isn't disturbing the other visitors. Do they have books or games in the visiting room for the kids? They do here and that seems to keep them occupied for those old enough to enjoy them.
May she rest in peace.

Old 10-05-2004, 05:14 PM

At our visit, my man lend over behind my back to put his smoke out in a can on the table and we got a warning because his hands weren't on the table. They said we were to close.
In my dreams, there are no more bars, fences, or gates. Waiting till the love of my life will come home to me.<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2006&month=11&day=4&offset=-4"></SCRIPT> Days till he's home