Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:47 PM

Question General questions involving Prison or LOCI! Please read!

My boyfriend/best friend is in TOCI and i have been going to see him. His release date is not till 2016. I am from Cincinnati and it is such a long drive that they let me do the all day visits. I am trying to meet other people from around Cincy that have loved ones in TOCI so we can car pull or take turns or something so i do not have to go alone. I like to go every two weeks or weekly if work will allow me. Also He got sent to toledo from CRC. How can i see about getting him transfered some where closer since it to sometimes to hard to make it all the way to toledo to see him? Also maybe next month i thought about going to see him on a sat and staying in a hotel and going again on sunday. Does anyone know of any cheap hotels around there that i could say in that are nice but cheap cause i have a four year old? He has such a long time left that i am trying to lift his spirits by visiting him often and writeing him. He was in a car accident and is confined to a wheel chair and has 5 and a half years left of his eight year sentence and then he is from mexico so he will get deported so i feel bad for him. He wants me to be with him and wait out his time but that is a long time. Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do out here to make time go faster? I get to go see him on wed cant wait and he calls me every day. He was wrongly accused of being the driver of a can when his ex ammited she was driving he is the one that is in Jail for it and i thing that is wrong. Sorry for the long post just trying to get some answers. Thanks alot for taking the time to read this!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 AM

Default my son is in there too.

we live in michigan,4 hr.drive to toledo,long drives,we visit one afternoon visit,then turn around and drive home.my son said they have transferred inmates closer to home.I'm trying to find out how to get info. take care and dont give up hope,if you need someone to talk to I'm here. God Bless you,Hairdriver
Old 12-14-2010, 07:40 PM

Thanked 1,885 Times in 613 Posts

You can have him file a hardship to moving. One of the requirements is if your car is more than five years old. You will have to ask him about them.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:37 PM

Smile Toci

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairdriver View Post
we live in michigan,4 hr.drive to toledo,long drives,we visit one afternoon visit,then turn around and drive home.my son said they have transferred inmates closer to home.I'm trying to find out how to get info. take care and dont give up hope,if you need someone to talk to I'm here. God Bless you,Hairdriver

Thanks for this info just got back from seeing him today. When i go i have to leave my house at 4 am and dont get home till 7pm. We are planning on getting married soon i think. I talked to him about getting moved and he said he asked his case manager in the prisen and she said that we have to write her a note and mail it to the prisen saying why we want him transfered and he has to also submit a written request to be transfered then from there it takes 90 day till it will happen if it gets approved. I hope this info also helps you guys out good luck!