Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Virginia that do not fit into any other Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:37 PM

Smile A little getaway...

I know it's the wrong season, and it's not for a long enough period of time to be considered a vacation, and it will be filled with seminars.... but I'm getting away for a few days . I get to go to a convention at Myrtle Beach this week!!! I'm taking my youngest child with me, and probably my oldest so she can babysit while I go to the seminars, so not much of a break from my children, but still it's at the beach!! I'm really excited, but also very sad.... my husband won't be with me. It'll be my first 'kinda' vacation with him 'inside'. I would never go on a 'real' vacation while he is gone, but since this is all work related, he understands. I hate doing these 'fun' things without him, but I also realize that I and our kids do need a little excitement while he is gone. We can't just put our lives on hold the whole time. I just wish the guilty feelings would disappear so I can enjoy it all. Hopefully when we get there, I'll be able to relax more with it. It's for 3 nights and 4 days. Wish me fun people's !!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Always Doin' My Best
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,168 Posts

Awesome!! I say its just what the doctor ordered!!

Yes the guilt can get to you now and then, but you have done so much to hold it all together while he is in, you deserve this little reward. Now get your buns to the beach!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Lisa Marie

Awesome do sometihng for your self.

"Whats meant to be , will always find its way and be"

Old 03-07-2007, 01:25 PM

Well now that you have made me feel totally guilty about my trip to Italy in July (actually it was his own mom who convinced me I'd be crazy not to go) .......... you need to go and enjoy it. We have to remember that we are standing beside them while they are serving, and the time lost from them is opportunity cost enough. Sometimes being away just makes us healthier, happier, better and stronger. Just bring us back some rays. Next to G's smooth olive skin, my winter pallor is ghastly!!!