Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

View Poll Results: What was your love ones violation that sent them back to jail?
Technical violation 57 44.19%
New charge - Case dismissed 8 6.20%
New charge - Conviction 53 41.09%
Other 11 8.53%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2016, 09:52 PM

No (credits) not for two weeks, however, if he abided by the parole conditions prior to getting in trouble, then his Parole officer can request a modification at his revocation hearing.💏Luvhubby💏
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvhubby View Post
MyLittleB,

When it comes to VOP, if he is a convicted felon in Tennessee, there is NO WAYto get around the Violation and Tennessee does not credit any time while sitting in County jail, but what can happen is at his revocation hearing If he has a good parole officer, they can request a modification. My husband had DV - his brother initiated a fight w/him, after he had only been out a year after doing 27 years. But I told my husband God is going get his brother , just like he did Cain in the bible for killing his brother.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2016, 10:03 PM

That's intetestibg, normally when you are a felon, they will not allow them the system in TN will not allow them to do their time in County jail, due to Sate and County are 2 different intities
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc_bg View Post
My LO was sentenced to felony probation no jail time for his original crime, caught a posession of a weapon case during a traffic stop (not a gun), the PO waited to see how the case would play out since we thought it would be dropped due to the cops not following standard procedure for a traffic stop. But when the DA found out he had a prior weapons charge he wouldn't drop it. He ended up only getting a fine for that charge but then the PO violated him and his probation was revoked. He's currently serving 9 mos in county for the revocation.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:43 PM

Default This All Began in 2014

My husband of 18 years was originally convicted of three felony accounts of poss. with intent to sell (Vicodin) .. he served 147 days in county released on 9 months ankle monitoring, Tasc, and three years probation.
He completed the monitoring, the TASC, didn't miss an appt. We live on my job and his disability w three kids, and we take care of his dad..money is tight..he sold the vicodin to buy groceries to be honest. So making his payments were hard he was fined almost 3000 + 40 a month supervision fee. He did well if you ask me.. he cleaned up from the hard stuff, stopped hustling..he started the methadone clinic..
Then his lil brother was killed in a car wreck...he slipped, failed four drug tests two for THC , and yea two had dope in them...this is 6 months from him being finished w all of it finally. He was violated for the money, and two of the DT"s ..the judge did what he wanted, the DA, the PO, his Lawyer all asked for a 90 day CRV, but the judge saw earlier sentencing points ( he did 120 days For a non dui DWLR IN 2011) He got a YEAR + 24 MONTHS PROBATION WHEN HE IS RELEASED. It scares me cause we can't afford it, and honestly it is a trap..He is in TYRRELL WORK FARM IN COLUMBIA, NC we live 7 hrs away in the mountains he is on the coast. I watched a CHOMO get 6 months an 3 yrs probation last week in court...WTF
Old 03-20-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy's Girl View Post
My guy sadly went back on new charges. :-(

mine too
Old 03-21-2017, 12:15 PM
GulagAmerikana70028551

Mine made it one day without me till VOP. 7 years prison, after one week of freedom. Shes mental, no meds allowed for psychosis, just as well since psych ward still does lobotomies and meds are often intoxicating and deadly. Jail and prison seems to manufacture crazy people by tortur and neglect and improper use of meds. Practically forced gay lifestyle, unlike prison life in years past. Psych hospitals can be a life sentence, her mom was terminated in one last year, after she called 911 but ER dr refused to treat her despite negative drug test, she only survived one month in there. Dont know when she is getting out, Im just trying to get everything ready for her, very difficult to change states and jobs and keep paying bills at low income working 168 hours a week. Parole requirements and prison fees destroy my finances, no way can she work a job, she is too sick to understand applying for disability. The system appears designed to fail but I see that as a challenge to succeed. Ive worked in legal field, family all lawyers and judges, from my understanding of her case she is innocent of theft charge, cant tell parole board that without proof of innocence, no time or money to gather documents and testimony, no parole hearing allowed in Georgia anyway. She is too insane to participate in any legal defense, she is the type of person to plead guilty under pressure to any crime, accepted a plea without an attorney while hearing voices tell her to off herself. Her public defender had no idea she was sick, I guess 30 seconds wasnt long enough to diagnose severe mental illness. Her family had good income but couldnt afford lawyer or drs because of their own health issues leading to deaths. The mental health system is even worse than incarceration, from what im hearing from cops and lawyers with insane family locked up, never get released from court ordered mental hospital, overmedicated makes them go downhill fast until catatonic, brain damage from meds is permanent, best to stay in prison and wait for parole. Very sad situation, I see so many things that can be done better, rather than destroy people, almost like its designed that way on purpose.

Last edited by Gulagamerikana; 03-21-2017 at 01:03 PM..
Old 04-03-2017, 01:59 AM

My boyfriend went back to jail on parole violation 2/23/17 they shipped him to RGC 3/30/17 Now he's in there for I don't know how long because I can't talk to him he got on probation last year 5/3/2016 he went to treatment last year he only had to do 3 months he left his last month in October so that was his parole violation.. this is his first Parole Violation.
I don't know what to think his PO is pretty cool but the decision isn't up to him right? How long will it take before I can talk too him? How can I send him books since His pin isn't set up on there I can't send money yet 😭
I'm new to all this! I don't know how anything works anything helps Thank you!
Old 04-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,237 Times in 9,827 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. You can research parole violation sentences in the state where your boyfriend is locked up.

He knows how long he will have to do for the PV, so write him and ask. You may also be able to find out from the clerk of the court where his PV hearing was held.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:32 PM

Thank you so much! He called me after 3 days of being in there it was only 60 seconds felt like 5. But I write him everyday he just can't write me back because he have no envelopes, and I can't send him money because he doesn't have a pin yet. But thanks for the information I'm going to read it now and look up things!
Old 05-09-2017, 01:22 PM

Question You seem to be experienced in this area. (bad for you, maybe good for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
I do myself no justice at all by posting in this thread. Still...maybe a bit of honesty and openness would provide some insight into an issue that baffling to understand, heartbreaking to cope with in the emotional sense and discouraging with regard to the hope, patience & intervention that so many of you have given of yourselves o behalf of guys just like me.

I'm probably the parole violation king here on PTO and I don't say that with pride or bravado. Since my first trip to prison here in Texas the summer of 1990, I've violated parole 6 times. Of the 17 years spent inside 14 1/2 years were to do with what started out as a parole violation. Why?
1st Violation- New felony charges (2nd degree robbery). And....I was already on parole for robbery. I'd go on to do 9 as the result of this first pitfall
2nd Violation-New charge(meth possession/ less than a gram/state jail felony). With the new charge +parole violation I'd go on to do 2 years and 7 months. When I got they added the SISP/GPS monitor stipulation.
3rd Violation-Dirty UA/technical. I'd go on to do 6 months at then Pampa ISF about 70 miles outside of Amarillo.
4th Violation-Dirty UA/technical.I'd go on to do another 6 months at Pampa ISF
5th Violation-Dirty UA/technical. I'd go on to do 7 months. Started out at Pampa ISF closed it down and was the 2nd bus load that opened up Childress ISF (former Roach unit Boot camp)
6th Violation- Deviation from SISP schedule. I went down on the strip here in Dallas (Harry Hines) and sought refuge & comfort with a painted lady friend I met for 3 days. They sent me to SAFPT at the East Texas Treatment Facility...I stayed gone for 11 months that go around.

So......yes....I know....I'm a pain freak.....doctor Jekyll and mr. Jack ass....and I am many things. Most of all I'm fortunate to be out here. Drugs and alcohol have made a real mess of my life, but.......I'm alive, I'm holding a job, I'm paying the rent, I'm staying out of trouble, I'm clean and I'm trying to be the man and loving soul I should of been all along to begin with.
I'm sorry for what we've put you through....you deserve better than that...I don't know anything about the people you're talking about because I've never met them. Still.....I am one of them...I may not know who your loved one is, but I know what your loved one is.....I am that. Better days are yet to come hopefully, but if they do it has to be with the understanding on the part of ones such as I who have fallen down so many times that LIFE WON'T TAKE ANY EXCUSES....LIFE WILL HAND YOU SOMETHING SEEMINGLY UNFAIR ONLY FOR THE SITUATION TO BECOME WORSE BECAUSE I WOULDN'T MAN UP AND FACE IT TO BEGIN WITH. Thank God out I'm out here with you and saying this than be in there again and living it.

God bless you all. Where would guys like me be without the love and support of ones such as you.

My husband went to county on a misdemeanor beginning of March. Got time served. We received two calls yesterday from his parole officer. The first, to verify the address. The second, to ask for permission for an EM (electronic monitor). His attorney messaged me and told me that he's coming home with a monitor.

My question is how long after the parole board has decided does a person (my husband in this case) get to come home?
Will they put the monitor in the house first, then release him? Or release him and issue monitor at home?

As of right now, his parole officer hasn't visited. But he knew someone that went home with a monitor in April and they were just told to "roll up" with no indication beforehand that they were being released (to my knowledge, this is second (or more) -hand information.

Thank you for any insight you may have.