Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:45 AM

If anyone has a loved one in Jenkins Please let me know. I am willing to help with gas and room costs. If you can drive us down. I live in Jonesboro and would like to see him on Saturday and Sunday visits.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2014, 12:57 PM

Cool New to this visitation question

my name is Matt I joined because my cuz is in dooly state prison in unidilla ga I am trying to find out if there is anyone in the augusta Ga area that wld be willing to share a ride with another family from augusta ga who may have a inmate there as well

thx
Old 02-11-2015, 09:16 AM
kimmij

Default Looking to share ride to Autry

My boyfriend just got to Autry yesterday and I don't drive.I am in Jonesboro looking for a ride to visit on weekends.Will share the cost of trip.It's only me and I am a non smoker.Will go whatever day or days that you are going.I haven't seen him in a year.Message me if you can help or have advise.Thank you,kimmij
Old 02-12-2015, 05:31 AM

My loved one was transferred to Coffee and I'm willing to carpool with anyone
Old 05-19-2015, 07:05 AM

Default Looking for RideShare to Dooly

I don't have a car but I can help with gas you can contact me by text message (Removed per policy; Please contact member via pm system) name is April

Last edited by patchouli; 05-19-2015 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: removed phone number per policy
Old 05-20-2015, 03:46 PM

Default Looking for ride

Hi everyone I'm looking for a ride to visit my husband at coastal state prison in savannah ga (Chatham county)
I am a licensed driver (if need help driving)
I do not smoke
I can provide gas
If anyone can help with this please inbox me privately thank you
My husband will be moved to either a TC or another prison soon and because I don't have a car I would love to see him before the transfer takes place. And by the way I do live in savannah but the buses don't run that far out. I usually like visiting the whole 6 hours but I will go at whatever time is convenient for you and leave at the time decided by you. I appreciate any and all help in this matter.
God Bless

Last edited by OJWifey; 05-20-2015 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: Forgot important details
Old 05-23-2015, 05:22 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,270 Times in 15,272 Posts

OJWifey, try sending a private message (pm) to any member that you feel you may like to carpool with....just click on their user name

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 05-23-2015, 06:12 PM

Smile

Thank you! I'm a little hesitant to do that because idk who exactly goes to visit at Coastal State Prison. I was looking for a way to determine that but I haven't had any luck yet. I will keep trying and do what you suggested so thank you again

Last edited by OJWifey; 05-23-2015 at 06:14 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to OJWifey For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-23-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 09:38 AM

Hello, I'm shin and im looking for anyone who is traveling to Autry State Prison to visit a loved one. I am not driving and will like to carpool with someone... Nonsmoker and will give gas expenses. Please message me back if interested. Thanks
Old 01-12-2016, 01:30 AM

Smile Does anyone visit wilcox correctional

Anyone visiting a loved one at Wilcox correctional and want to ride share? Im driving out of state from Carolina.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:47 PM

I dnt have a car at the moment but is willing to share gas if ur going to be near or going to Montgomery State Prison in Mount Vernon, Ga
Old 02-09-2016, 05:49 AM

Default Need ride to Coffee Correctional

Looking to carpool from Atlanta. Please PM me. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,707 Times in 2,868 Posts

Prison Talk Online cannot accept responsibility for rideshare or carpool arrangements made between members.

Members are advised that they make these arrangements at their own risk and in no way can PTO be held accountable for any problems that arise.

We would like to encourage our members to consider the following precautions when entering into a carpool/rideshare agreement with another member.
Before agreeing to carpool, certain issues should be discussed and decisions made. Issues that should be settled immediately include members’ feelings about the radio, conversation, smoking habits and eating.
You should also find out whether the vehicle, personal possessions, or clothing of either passengers or driver will contain illegal substances or contraband. This is a very important issue and should be addressed with your fellow travellers. Prisons routinely search vehicles and you should be aware if there is a possibility of something being discovered and action taken. Most states do not allow firearms, cameras or alcohol on prison grounds - do your research, find out what is the local policy.
Agree in advance on reimbursement for driving expenses, meals, toll roads, parking fees and so on. Agree on a way of payment and a timescale for payment to happen.
If you don’t know your carpooling buddies, feel free to ask them about their driving record. Make sure they have a valid drivers licence.
Make your pick-up point a public location until you thoroughly trust the other individual.
Use common sense and trust your instincts; with a little preparation carpooling can be very rewarding and often leads to long lasting friendships.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:23 PM

Default Need ride to Dooley State Prison

Hello,
Can anyone out there direct me to someone who carpool families to Dooley State Prison. I am a grandparent who want so bad to visit my grandson. It is a two hour ride from Atlanta and although I live in another State, I am willing to pay.
email address removed per policy

Last edited by sass4221; 06-02-2016 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: email removed
Old 06-02-2016, 08:55 PM

Default tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by sass4221 View Post
Prison Talk Online cannot accept responsibility for rideshare or carpool arrangements made between members.

Members are advised that they make these arrangements at their own risk and in no way can PTO be held accountable for any problems that arise.

We would like to encourage our members to consider the following precautions when entering into a carpool/rideshare agreement with another member.
Before agreeing to carpool, certain issues should be discussed and decisions made. Issues that should be settled immediately include members’ feelings about the radio, conversation, smoking habits and eating.
You should also find out whether the vehicle, personal possessions, or clothing of either passengers or driver will contain illegal substances or contraband. This is a very important issue and should be addressed with your fellow travellers. Prisons routinely search vehicles and you should be aware if there is a possibility of something being discovered and action taken. Most states do not allow firearms, cameras or alcohol on prison grounds - do your research, find out what is the local policy.
Agree in advance on reimbursement for driving expenses, meals, toll roads, parking fees and so on. Agree on a way of payment and a timescale for payment to happen.
If you don’t know your carpooling buddies, feel free to ask them about their driving record. Make sure they have a valid drivers licence.
Make your pick-up point a public location until you thoroughly trust the other individual.
Use common sense and trust your instincts; with a little preparation carpooling can be very rewarding and often leads to long lasting friendships.

Thanks for this valuable information.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:43 PM

Default Rogers State in Georgia

I need ride share to Rogers on weekends. In Georgia to visit friend.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:56 PM

Default Autry carpool

hello fellow members - I am in the downtown atlanta area and looking for carpoolers that might be in the area or have to pass through to get to their loved ones at Autry. welling to drive share gas.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:23 PM

I'm in a ride to visit my love one in richland correctional institution I'm willing to help with gasfare I'm residing in cleveland can someone point me to another or some information about how I can go by this thank you
Old 09-15-2016, 11:16 AM

Ride needed from Miami Florida to McRae Georgia
Suspended license
Will share gas costs, toll costs, and maybe a room?
Prefer to go on Friday and stay until after Sunday visiting.
(Removed per policy)

Last edited by patchouli; 09-15-2016 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: removed email address
Old 09-21-2016, 08:01 AM

Default Visiting travel from florida to georgia - carpool

Hi. I live in South Florida and visit my boyfriend in McRae Georgia.

Looking to start a carpool maybe once a month. I would preferably like to leave Friday, late afternoon and start heading back down Sunday, early afternoon. I am willing to split all expenses.. gas, tolls, & room.

If anyone interested please reply! Thanks
Old 11-06-2016, 10:49 PM

Cool ride to Central State Prison in Macon, GA

need ride to macon
no license but can help with gas
leaving from evans county or claxton
Old 11-07-2016, 08:10 AM

Hi,
Does anyone visit Dooly State Prison, Unadilla, Ga on a regular basis? I want so much to visit my grandson. I live in Maryland. Will split cost.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:21 AM

I live in Griffin and I need a ride to autry state prison to visit my fiance .I don't drive and am willing to pay half gas .I haven't seen him in a year .I can make my plans around whenever you need to go.I don't smoke very easy to get along with:
Old 11-20-2018, 11:51 AM

Smile Need a ride to Telfair State Prison from Gwinnett County

Hello,
My car is not going to make the drive, unfortunately.
I'm in Gwinnett county, willing to share gas costs, will be just me for the ride. Preferably to come back after visiting on Saturday or Sunday. Feel free to private message me.
Thank you
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Default Valdosta State Prison

Hi my husband is in Valdosta State Prison... I haven't seen him since the beginning of Spetember when someone rear ended me and my car was totalled... I live in Paulding County and am willing to share the cost of the trip... Saturday or Sunday is fine and staying overnight or coming right back afterwards is fine... I just wanna see my baby!! Thanks!