Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2018, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclgs View Post
I've shared so much here I feel like y'all are more like family than my own over the last 9 years.

This morning I had a missed call. I usually keep my cell phone off when I'm at home because most people will call my landline first. When I saw the number, I didn't think much of it but listened to the voicemail.

My heart fluttered because I know they only call you back when something isn't as right as they'd like. It was the Breast Cancer Center. I needed to come back in for a diagnostic mammography as the screening mammography I had a few days before showed ~~something~~. I took a deep breath and listened. She said she was trying to find a way to get me schedule asap and placed me on hold. The earliest appointments were two weeks away but she put me on hold again...they could fit me in tomorrow. I scheduled it and realized I'd be going in after working all night.

Who can focus an entire work shift...yet again, no worries. I got called off because our patient census is down.

So here I am...twiddling my fingers, or should I say tapping this keyboard because I'm a ball of tears and nerves.

During these times, I'd call my parents. That's no longer an option and I don't feel close enough to any family to call today, not until I complete the testing tomorrow.

So I turn to y'all. For those of you who are believers in prayer, I request your sincerest in this moment.
Prayers for you! God knows the need all we need to do is remember you Sis when we call out your prayer list.
The Following User Says Thank You to LaDeanaB For This Useful Post:
choclgs (11-06-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2018, 05:51 AM

Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,102 Posts

So very glad things turned out well for you!!! I hate how our health care is also. Just glad things are going better for you!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
choclgs (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,339 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
So glad to hear it was cysts - sure beats the alternative. I'm not at all sure what is done for cysts Anything? I do know that I was told by a nurse in Mammography that caffeine will cause "knots" in breast tissue, especially as you age. choclgs, were you advised to cut down / quit caffeinated products?
It was shown a few years ago that caffeinated products may not be a contributing factor with cyst formation. My mother was told that in the 90s but studies have shown otherwise as of late.
Itshardtowait (11-07-2018), nimuay (11-07-2018)