Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:44 PM

Default I'm sad.. I haven't gotten a letter what should I do????

so its been about 13 days since my last letter... im not feeling to good either.. how do you get over the feeling of not hearing from your loved one???
Old 06-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Donna & James

I reread past letters. That makes me feel better
Old 06-13-2007, 02:58 PM

Yeah i would read past letters and just remember it's probably not him it's probably the prisons fault your not getting your letters on time. I know it can be hard but i guess refocus on the fact that real soon you will get a good letter.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:01 PM

i feel ya on that one. i'm going through the same thing as you and it drives me crazy. cause i don't know what's going on and i KNOW it's not the jail but him not writing.
what i do? stop writing and visiting and give him a taste of his own medicine. i know that sounds harsh and won't help with ur feelings. i'm going crazy myself. maybe knowing u're not the only one going through this will be of some comfort?
*sigh*, im desperate mtyself
Old 06-14-2007, 03:47 PM

When it gets really, really bad I read all of the old letters. After 10 years, I have quite a few Most of the time I try and distract myself with life. Friends, family, etc. I try and have "projects" to throw myself into. It does help. When he goes too long, he gets (what he calls) a "rant" from me. That's usually gets a letter to me!
Old 06-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Getting back on track

Reread past letters or write him more!

Old 06-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Strong Heart, Smart Mind

Go For A Walk Try And Get Yourself Out Or Go Shopping.. If That Does Not Work Re Read Old Letters ...

The most unimaginable feelings!
The most unbelievable love!
I have found within you!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default It's alright...

Write him anyway! Send some poetry to him! Remind him to get on his job! You remain on yours! Write to him... he needs to hear from you more than you need to hear from him... that's the attitude to take, my good woman. Think of his everyday activities... without you. Now.. WRITE!!
Old 06-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Donation Award 

I feel you. Mine just got transferred and is still on an intake unit, locked down and with no stamps. But I sent him a bunch of mail, and I know when he can he's going to send a bunch back, so that makes me feel better. I also just write when I have time and I'm thinking about him. He doesn't mind hearing daily mundane things like about my haircut or anything that just pops in my mind that I'd probably talk about if he were here.
There are lots of reasons we don't get mail at times. It could just be that he's waiting for more stamps. I've heard a lot of farms had shortages when the postal rates changed.
If nothing else, go take a walk and clear your mind a little bit.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:19 PM
<3

Don't feel bad sweetie.. I haven't gotten a letter for awhile, either.. it does suck he's probably busy or they might be on lock down or something.. don't worry, you'll hear from him soon enough!! It's just the waiting that takes so darn long!
Old 06-16-2007, 01:53 PM

I havent got a letter in over a month! I even had a dream last night that I went to visit him and they wouldnt let me in. Wonder what that means subconsiously?? Wow, im way too stressed about it, hahaha. Anyways, just keep writing, there are so many reasons they could not be writing so you cant take it too personal. It could just be a lockdown, or maybe he's just depressed...if you keep writing it will be really encouraging to them. And to keep your own spirits up till your next letter...movies and cheesecake and friends always seem to help
Old 06-16-2007, 02:33 PM

phone the prison and ask if there is a problem with the mail I had this and it was someone in the mail room messing with our mail when i phoned the prison and spoke to someone in admin it seems to have worked as im now getting my mail Its worth a try
Old 06-16-2007, 03:56 PM
queendrury

i havent gotten one in almost 2 weeks either. he doesnt have the money and he wont ask.he finally got his appeal sent to the courts and that was most important.of course,he has the main necessities but i know he would love to have his own cigs.ifhe doesnt he goes without.i am so sad if i had ANY chance i would try to cut corners and send him 20.00.he would be angry but yall him being without in silence just makes me love and admire him more.he wouldnt like for me to send to him anyway but i know he would appreciate it.im thinking about doing homesurveys for extra cash to send him.heck,i spend hours on here and sometimes i dont comment as much so i may as well improvize.any other ideas?all my computer activity includes is school,PTO and yahoo mail.i think it can be of more assistance for advancing with meticulous planning.yall,i got to do something-for ALL OF US.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:21 PM

I understand the frustration. I haven't received a letter in nearly a month, but that's because he got sent upstate to a reception facility and then transferred again. I read that on intake level they don't get paper, envelopes, and stamps, so I'm assuming that's why I haven't heard from my mentee. I'm hoping that he's okay and that I hear from him soon. He said I need his DIN # to write him. I know his DIN # and which facility he's at because I looked it up, but I'm not sure if sending a surprise letter will throw him off or spook him out. I keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by FleetingDreams; 06-16-2007 at 04:22 PM..
Old 06-16-2007, 05:30 PM
N'Luv

i haven't received a letter from my man either and im wondering, hey can anybody answer me this ok he told his mom that if it was meant to be with us its meant to be if not than its not, im like so confused whats up with that is that jail mentallity getting to him im suppose to be visting him in july so what should i say? somebody help me im going crazy i haven't heard from him nothing no letter i sent 2. but i look through my old notes he used to write me when i used to be mad at him when he lived with me, and it makes me happy reading old notes. we also have a song together its called "We Ride" by rihanna yep i love him but ladies help me out
thanks
much love and respect
Old 06-16-2007, 09:26 PM

It sounds like he accepts whatever happens between you both. I don't think it's a jail mentality. One can have that mentality about a relationship and not be incarcerated. If it's meant for you to be together, then it is, and if it's not then it's not. It's like he'll accept whatever outcome happens between you both, for better or for worse.

I hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:00 PM

It's hard not getting a letter. I only ask him to write a minimum of once a week and usually he does but sometimes due to mail delays etc... it doesnt arrive. When I was less secure about our relationship 1 week was a very long time, now I'm more patient and I could manage 13 days a little sad but ok. 14 days- that'd break me and my emotions would be all over the place, I would get angry, worried, wonder if he's upset with me etc... it helps that I can call his mother and see if she's heard from him or not. I missed a week of letters and found out he had called her to ask for stationary and stamps. It put him behind with the mail as his package hadn't arrived and he had used the money I sent him to eat. I think this is just part of being in a relationship with a prisoner. As long as you know it's not intentional then it's just part and parcel of the whole deal. If he missed writing intentionally then he would be severely damaging our relationship. I need my letters. I hope yours comes soon.