Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Proteced or Unprotected
Protected 292 21.77%
Unprotected 1,049 78.23%
Voters: 1341. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2010, 09:37 PM

To me protected feels the same...
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Boobers MRS for life<3
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,179 Times in 555 Posts

My husband was my first and we never used protection. It was unplanned one night and the thought on using protection never crossed my mind. We had our son a year later (planned) and we tried using condoms twice, I hated it, so after that back to bare.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Anthony's Mom

My man got tested.. I don't worry about him along the lines of sex, I worry about HIV with shared needles and stuff. We never have protected sex, and really we never have, but since I have been clean and sober, and my son was born I am more careful in that he has to test when he comes home.

"God's will won't ever take you where Gods grace cannot protect you."

"A successful corrections system doesn't grow, if they were correcting anybody, they'd shrink." ~Stephen Richards
Old 12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Donation Award 

Me too!!!! Lol. I wont it all,... Naket head all the way!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:17 PM
faithfullwaiting

me & my man have never used protection but when he comes home until he is tested he is not going "bare" hes gotten some prison tats and i don't care how "safe" the artist claims to be there will be a test done and i will get one too if he wants that but i can't trust other inmates when it comes to tattoos and ish.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:24 PM

I agree with sillyj...I believe he should be tested before going bare. Actually i plan to make it a couple thing. It's been 15yrs and yes Ive had another partner so i intend to get tested for him so we are both in the clear.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:43 PM
waiting for him
Donation Award 

we've only used protection twice in our 5 years, once after our first miscarriage and after our second child was born.... maybe thats why i've been pregnant 75% of the last 5 years......tubes are tied now, but we will both be tested before any hanky panky cause he cheated on me before he went in...... he was my first though and my last but ill get tested for his peace of mind

ERD July 28,2011

Old 12-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Missin my Blued Eyed Boy

we've never used protection but he made it a point to tell me when they tested him he was clean and we agreed just for each others peace of mind when they test him before hes released ill get tested 2. I havent and will NOT do anything and neither will he but you can never be to safe. As for getting pregnant our theory is who cares lol we'll raise it right and with love so thats not a big issue.

*Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will*
His Green Eyed Girl Her Blue Eyed Boy
Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 PM

We did not use protected sex in our couple of times together, he has been tested and given me the results, had it mailed to me. I have been tested as well, but before him I had NEVER had unprotected sex with anyone! So he was my first and he will be my last, as we will be getting married and this I do not take lightly, I do not believe in divorce....he agrees and feels the same...we will have our very own life sentence!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Mrs.DBillz<3

we've never used protection, if i get preggers than yay the baby will be adorable and have great parents, my take is if i took care of his 4 kids and that was my first time being parental evs, ill do well with my own baby. he was my first(im one of those that was waiting for marriage, almost made it lol) but hes had smex with more women that i would <3 lol, i was like 0_0 ew bb when he told me lol, but past is past and since he didnt do it when he was with me i cant be mad at him, hes clean at least.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:16 PM

I am on the pill but other than that i prefer unprotected.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:21 PM

Its very easy you don't want an std but you also dont want to be pregnant and alone while he is away. He can wait for that honor. And if he loves you he wouldnt want to do that to you either.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Missing My Better Half

Before he do anything, he's getting tested, but after that if he's clean then we can continue to go unprotected. I had a friend who dude went to jail, came home and gave her a STD, he said from sleeping on the sheets lol. I refuse to let him give me something.

We've been tried and tested been through the bad storm and the weather but yet here we are still standing strong side by side.

CLOSER TO HOME 8/27/12
Old 02-07-2011, 04:27 AM
missing my hubby

we've been doing it "bare" before he went it and will keep doing it that way when he gets home. we want a baby of our own together.

when we first got together we used protection but after 7 to 8 months we stopped.

I became a mommy to a beautiful baby boy on 1-20-2012 <3

I love both my boys very much! I love you Jamie and Anthony <3

Old 02-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Banned

We all want our "first time" with our man to be special when he gets out right, and it's gonna be better if both are relaxed and can enjoy it. If you feel better using protection, you should. It doesn't mean you care any less for your man. But you should talk to him about your concerns. I still have to wait ten years for my man, but we've talked about how we both feel and want it. My man told me they have a program in prison where he can get tested for STDs and he volunteered to do that just before he's released, so I can have piece of mind. Then you can always go on the pill if you don't want any kids. But your man loves you, he'll understand, so you should talk.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:44 AM

Married; exclusive; std's; kids; no kids....you have made a personal choice in your life not to have unprotected sex period. You don't have to bargain this choice with yourself or anyone else. Married people cheat all the time; tubal ligations fail from time to time especially the older the procedure gets; condoms break and babies are born; std's happen and they are for real. You've made a choice to be proactively health conscious and that's that. You have every right to make that decision and expect that the people who say they love you will respect the fact that you love yourself. What you need to do is imagine your 20 year old daughter coming to you with this same question; what do you tell her? You'd probably say tell that man to get on with hisself and take care of you.

In answer to your question does unprotected sex equate to how much you love your man.....no man can love any woman that doesn't love herself. You made a concious choice to love and care for your body; how much can you really love you if you concede to bargaining with that choice?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:07 AM
He's coming home Jan 24th

me and my boyfriend used condoms a few times but for the most part went unprotected.... it just feels better and I have bad reactions to condoms cuz im kinda allergic BUT since he's been locked up some of the truth about him sleeping with other ppl when we were dating came out so I went and got every test known to man done and turned out clean but just bcuz u dont contract it doesnt mean he doesnt have it so until he does the same when he gets home.... no glove no love and if he wants to have a baby he'd better get it done soon

Everyday is one day closer...
Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 PM
All Things Are Possible

We did it bare. I'm allergic to latex so polyurethane does the trick. However, I was getting tested every year and so was he even though I did not have anyone else but him. Thank God I was getting tested because in the end I found out he was with other women.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:34 PM

I prefer bare we were back together 2 years before he went in and never any problems but we are both getting tested. I have actually done mine since he will be home soon, and he will show me his results when he gets home, you have to be careful even when you are married to someone, so married or not it's always a risk you take having unprotected sex, I'm a nurse and I have seen alot of things when it comes to people trusting a mate whether it was a boyfriend or a husband.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Day Walker

Ya have to strap it up. Most diseases are curable, and do little damage... IF caught right away. But Hep C and Herpes... are AWFUL. Not to mention the less likely HIV. Hep C shaves 15 to 25 years off of your life. But what's worse, if you're a drinker, you can never have a drink again. Personally, I don't drink. But I know some people would be devastated if they could never drink at another Christmas party, or camping trip. And Herpes is embarrassing and painful. It's also incurable.

I would never go bareback until you're on birth-control (if you're not wanting any babies with him right away) and he's been tested and you've SEEN the results. Most of them will tell you they were tested before release. They weren't.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Wrong is right this time

Protection unless we're 100% committed/tested/clean and trying to have a baby.

Otherwise, there's no real reason to go bare is there?

Boy I'm calling dibs on your lips, on your kiss, on your time
Boy I'm calling dibs on your hands, on your heart all mine

Old 02-18-2011, 09:18 PM

It will be unprotected cause when he gets home to me he wants to start a family and have a son and im all for it. My man isnt into men so i dont have to worry about that.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:02 PM
D&B forever

Unprotected! He is my husband and im not trying to go around and sleep with other men. nope! just my man. We want to have 6 kids. So once we have our family visits... i really think that we are going to get pregnant. lol

Im not worried at all about him having an STD. He didnt have it when he went in and he wont have it when he is in. Plus... when they are released... they get tested too! hmm... i wonder if they get tested before family visits... im sure they do. But still... nothing to worry about.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:06 AM

We haven't I have issues that make it rather uncomfortable when we did the one time we did. Now when he comes home he says we are since I stopped birth control so we can have babies, and we didn't want to do that RIGHT AWAY

Old 08-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Lost in love

me and my husband have never used protection. He hasnt gotten any prison tats and i know hes not having sex w/ anyone else. Im not the least bit worried. Will continue unprotected

S0METiMES i W0NDER iF L0VE iS W0RTH FIGHTING FOR, BUT THEN i REMEMBER Y0UR FACE & iM READY FOR WAR

MARCH 5, 2013 HAS COME & GONE! SO HAPPY TO HAVE MY LOVE BACK HOME!