Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:44 AM
Lil British Site Moderator on Leave

Thanked 12,098 Times in 5,055 Posts
Default Husbands and Boyfriends in Prison Chit Chat 2020

Happy New Year 2020 to everyone!

Here's our shiny new Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison Chit Chat thread for 2020.

Like the title says, this is the place for chatting about nothing specific - just venting or telling us how you day is going....the weather, news, what's on your mind - pretty much anything that doesn't belong to any other, more subject specified threads & forums.

Its your thread so drop in and tell us how your doing.

The 2019 thread is here
_

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.

Last edited by maytayah; 01-01-2020 at 09:46 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2020, 10:09 AM
Donation Award 

Happy New Year Queens! Here’s to one down, and hoping 20/20 brings clarity and focus for us all! Onward and upward.

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (01-01-2020), Mrshewitt1216 (04-17-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 10:13 AM
❤️784❤️

*feigns enthusiasm* Happy New Year. Lol

Last night it sounded like a warzone outside my window with all the fireworks. I live next to an abandoned golf course, with very dry brush (despite the rain). So I got really freaked out and started thinking of all the things I would grab if my apartment building caught fire.

1. All my letters from T
2. My cat
3. My phone
4. My dad's ashes
5. Pants
6. Shoes

Clearly T is more important than shoes

The Following User Says Thank You to AnieLove56 For This Useful Post:
Girl22472 (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnieLove56 View Post
*feigns enthusiasm* Happy New Year. Lol

Last night it sounded like a warzone outside my window with all the fireworks. I live next to an abandoned golf course, with very dry brush (despite the rain). So I got really freaked out and started thinking of all the things I would grab if my apartment building caught fire.

1. All my letters from T
2. My cat
3. My phone
4. My dad's ashes
5. Pants
6. Shoes

Clearly T is more important than shoes

Wow. I was lying in bed thinking the SAME DAMN THING!! Our neighbors may or may not be setting off C4 at this point and am I prepared for a fire? Then I thought, am I crazy for thinking this way? I guess not.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:46 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,919 Times in 13,724 Posts

Last night Seattle had heavy rains all evening, which kept the fireworks to a minimum. Unfortunately the folks who purchased them will eventually find a way to use them all up, so I bet we'll have to continue medicating our small dog for awhile, who at this moment is hiding under my bed.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:11 PM
❤️784❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by His_Queen13 View Post
Wow. I was lying in bed thinking the SAME DAMN THING!! Our neighbors may or may not be setting off C4 at this point and am I prepared for a fire? Then I thought, am I crazy for thinking this way? I guess not.
My aunt's had a bottle rocket end up in their pool. Which bothers me so much cuz 12 years ago the house burned down from unknown causes. I'm just not ready to lose that house again.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by His_Queen13 View Post
I'm glad I wasn't with you ladies.... lol It's the first time in over 30 years that I was in bed before midnight and the first in 29 that I've gone to "bed" alone on New Years...lol It wasn't even that I was super depressed. I caught a cold and got super sick Sunday and so I simply doped myself up last night and knocked myself out. I didn't hear ANYTHING outside so I guess my house could have burnt down around me and I wouldn't have known..lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
His_Queen13 (01-02-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 03:19 PM

So ready for a new decade! This last one wasn't kind to us, but the new decade will see him finally home! 2 years to go!

“I said: what about my eyes?
He said: Keep them on the road.

I said: What about my passion?
He said: Keep it burning.

I said: What about my heart?
He said: Tell me what you hold inside it?

I said: Pain and sorrow.
He said: Stay with it. The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
Rumi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunnyCali For This Useful Post:
miamac (01-02-2020), NUYORICAN (01-02-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 04:16 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,237 Posts

Well... I've made to my new home in Panama (well, a nice hotel for the first months ).
Happy New Year everyone!!
Flew over here on Jan. 1st, flight was 12 hours and I'm still pretty tired from the last weeks which very physically and emotionally very exhausting and now I have a few days to get some strength back and to get settled, hopefully get rid of my jet-lag fast.

With my guy... I don't know, he's dead inside and it's really exhausting because nothing much is coming back. But... it doesn't bother me that much either, I'm too busy with myself right now: the move, the goodbyes, the new job, new country, the language I don't speak yet, the hot and humid weather, just new everything.
I'm not making any decisions, I'm just tired of the whole thing. I need and most of all deserve someone in my life giving back and not just taking. It's just time to focus on myself more and make me No. 1 again. For more I don't have much strength right now, it'll come back but right now... focus on my new future.
I'm happy though, really grateful and happy to have that opportunity and a new boss who's just great and caring. Met some new colleagues already and tomorrow first day with the Legal Counsel of the company to get my visa & onboarding going.

And above all, as much as saying goodbye was hard and emotional, I saw once again what a great family & friends I have. Made me even more grateful.
So over all the not so pretty vibes I'm really happy & excited!
4Bobby (01-03-2020), choclgs (01-10-2020), fbopnomore (01-04-2020), Girl22472 (01-02-2020), lolo21216 (01-07-2020), maytayah (01-18-2020), miamac (01-02-2020), NUYORICAN (01-02-2020)
Old 01-06-2020, 05:07 PM

Happy new years everybody!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kellydavid410 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (01-18-2020), miamac (01-07-2020), MizzyMuffling (01-07-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 10:03 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,102 Posts

Damn, stupid snow ruined our visit weekend. Blah!
Old 02-28-2020, 12:40 PM
❤️784❤️

We officially have 36 days left until he hits the one year left mark. April 5, 2020 will be 365 days until he is released.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:25 PM
Donation Award 

Damn stupid snow again!
Old 02-28-2020, 01:39 PM
Donation Award 

I cannot see him either until first weekend in May... that'll be 6 months again...damn... I thought I could see him March 7 but it won't work... damn damn damn...
Old 02-28-2020, 02:55 PM

My guy has hit a point where hes "just ready to get out". He has locked him self in his cell, wont go to chow or rec. Hes tired of seeing the same faces and doing the same stuff everyday. He says all he can think about it starting our life again and how nervous he is to get out because he feels pressure to "give you back what you deserve".

It's all been to much.
I just have no words to help him. At times I don't even care to say anything.. I feel insensitive at times. I will honestly put the phone down for a second because I just cant take the negative feeling.

One year left.. One More.
Old 02-29-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
My guy has hit a point where hes "just ready to get out". He has locked him self in his cell, wont go to chow or rec. Hes tired of seeing the same faces and doing the same stuff everyday. He says all he can think about it starting our life again and how nervous he is to get out because he feels pressure to "give you back what you deserve".

It's all been to much.
I just have no words to help him. At times I don't even care to say anything.. I feel insensitive at times. I will honestly put the phone down for a second because I just cant take the negative feeling.

One year left.. One More.
I'm sorry to hear this. Remember that he is in one of the most stressful situations a human can be in. I don't blame him for feeling like he wants to withdraw - this is a totally normal response to trauma (the trauma is prison).

I think if you can simply validate his feelings while you're on the phone by telling him this, it can really go a long way to making him feel more normal. "Honey, what you're going through right now being in prison is incredibly traumatic and difficult, and it's normal to feel like you want to give up. I'm so sorry you're feeling this way." Something to that effect. It may sound silly when we say it, but it means EVERYTHING to someone when they hear it - trust me on this. Just try validating his feelings, let him feel them, help him process through them, let him feel the hurt, talk about it, and then he may have the mindset that it's not so bad, and he may start to feel better.

You can also let him know that you are not expecting much when he gets out. I told my guy that when he gets out, I am not expecting ANYTHING from him because I know he's going to be focused on putting his life back together, and I will just be there by his side when he needs me. He told me that simply hearing that from me made him feel SO much better, and that he doesn't have to worry about the pressure of impressing me and giving back to me.

This is a hard time for you both, try to take it one day at at time, and be there emotionally for each other.

Hugs.

The Following User Says Thank You to InLoveDeep For This Useful Post:
Ricoluv29 (03-01-2020)
Old 02-29-2020, 11:22 AM

I just wanted to update here about our situation - I feel overwhelmed with all the possibilities that are happening right now about his release. We have the following things in the works:

~Alternative Custody Application just submitted in Feb 2020 (which would prompt an early release on an ankle monitor if approved)

~Prop 57 nonviolent possibility of early release (he was just referred to the Board in Feb 2020, with a decision coming in 90-120 days)

~Appeal on his case to reduce from felony to misdemeanor, to be decided in March 2020 (which, if granted, would get him out in April 2020 for time served)

~While he's currently still in - possible transfer to a fire camp or a level 1 yard

Phew! This is just a lot to keep track of, and we both feel overwhelmed with it all. I do realize these are all very positive things, and we are grateful to have all these possibilities, but are still feeling like it's a lot at times.

Is anyone else dealing with this many "things" at once?

Thanks!

Old 02-29-2020, 11:30 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLoveDeep View Post
I just wanted to update here about our situation - I feel overwhelmed with all the possibilities that are happening right now about his release. We have the following things in the works:

~Alternative Custody Application just submitted in Feb 2020 (which would prompt an early release on an ankle monitor if approved)

~Prop 57 nonviolent possibility of early release (he was just referred to the Board in Feb 2020, with a decision coming in 90-120 days)

~Appeal on his case to reduce from felony to misdemeanor, to be decided in March 2020 (which, if granted, would get him out in April 2020 for time served)

~While he's currently still in - possible transfer to a fire camp or a level 1 yard

Phew! This is just a lot to keep track of, and we both feel overwhelmed with it all. I do realize these are all very positive things, and we are grateful to have all these possibilities, but are still feeling like it's a lot at times.

Is anyone else dealing with this many "things" at once?

Thanks!
Different state, but he has had more options for early release than most. One thing I learned to focus on the longest scenario, and if he comes home earlier it will be a blessing. The 1st rejection is crushing for both.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Different state, but he has had more options for early release than most. One thing I learned to focus on the longest scenario, and if he comes home earlier it will be a blessing. The 1st rejection is crushing for both.
Thanks, yes I am counting down the longest possible date, which should be mid-August at this point, but will welcome any early release. I am not getting my hopes up on any of the other alternatives, because I don't want to be devastated if he doesn't get them. He's pretty sure he'll get early parole, but it will *still* take 3-5 months until he walks out. Either way, I know others are waiting a lot longer than me, so I am SO grateful to be looking at only 5 more months.

Old 03-01-2020, 03:56 PM
❤️784❤️

This beautiful dumbass of mine....wine in the cell. Time added. Visits taken away. I am heartbroken cuz I was planning on going to see him in three weeks.

Old 03-01-2020, 04:18 PM
Donation Award 

So before you get a marriage license wait until he comes home and can behave...
Old 03-01-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
This beautiful dumbass of mine....wine in the cell. Time added. Visits taken away. I am heartbroken cuz I was planning on going to see him in three weeks.
That really sucks. You are nicer than me. Doing stupid shit to get more time is a deal breaker for me.

My boyfriend is getting out any day now but I've told him since day one if he gets added time we are done.

Once he gets out if he goes back in or does anything he isn't supposed to we are done.

In my opinion if they really want to get out and stay out they would live the life to make that possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefinder For This Useful Post:
Girl22472 (03-01-2020)
Old 03-01-2020, 04:20 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefinder View Post
That really sucks. You are nicer than me. Doing stupid shit to get more time is a deal breaker for me.

My boyfriend is getting out any day now but I've told him since day one if he gets added time we are done.

Once he gets out if he goes back in or does anything he isn't supposed to we are done.

In my opinion if they really want to get out and stay out they would live the life to make that possible.

Same here, Id kick his balls and be gone.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Lil British Site Moderator on Leave

Thanked 12,098 Times in 5,055 Posts

Quote:
He sounds irresponsible. I would talk to him about making some positive changes. If my husband had behaved this way I would have no patience with him.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (03-01-2020)
Old 03-01-2020, 04:29 PM
❤️784❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
He sounds irresponsible. I would talk to him about making some positive changes. If my husband had behaved this way I would have no patience with him.

Next time I talk to him that's the topic. He is getting worn down by everyone and everything and I don't know how to help him.
He needs to stay positive and behave. He's got a year left. Like damnit boy, don't do anything stupid.

The Following User Says Thank You to AnieLove56 For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (03-01-2020)