Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:17 PM

Default FLORIDA ~ July Check-In

Another month rolls by and our Florida family remains strong and determined!! Happy July Everyone!!!

Well guys, I turn a whooping "23" on July 2nd!! WOOHOO!! I will be spending July 2nd, 3rd, and 4th with James which I am greatly looking forward to!! I will share some pictures when I return.

You guys are probably wondering when the heck is this chick going to get married!?? Well, unfortunately I did not have the license ready for this weekend, however the chaplain will marry us ANY weekend, so July 23rd is the day! See my counter below and count with me friends!!!

Other than that, it's been pretty much the same ol' same ol' on my end. James and I are still waiting on his transfer to Work Release and wondering if our lawyer is ever going to make things happen for us. He is on community custody now (has been for a few months) and we are just playing the endless waiting game! He received a notice from the DOC stating that he is eligible for WR, however they will "evaluate" him again in another 70 days.......GRRR but our lawyer made it sound like things would happen overnight prior to us making payments!!!! Poor guy's heart sinks every Wednesday when they do not call him to pack up his stuff and get on the bus

So, what are everyone's plans for the 4th of July??

Phil, what are you doing for Bastille Day?? I have been reading up on my French history for you baby!! July 14th right?? Picnic with some merguez et frites?? Vive la France!

I hope you and your loved ones are all doing well!! I look forward to hearing some juicy updates!!! In June we had 64 posts! Let's keep it up guys!! Sharing is fun!

HUGS Everyone!!!

JW

Last edited by JamesWifey; 06-30-2005 at 10:19 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2005, 04:00 AM
Frenchy Member

Mari,

I wish you a wonderful visit with James and of course a happy birthday. Geez 23 ??? You could be my mom !! I don't know what I'm gonna do for Bastille day, go out and have fun probably. All the fire brigade departments are opened all night for free parties and you can go there and drink and dance and watch all those sexy firemen.

I do hope James will soon get a transfer, the waiting must be killing both of you.

July is here and I'm gonna go on holidays. I'll go from 07/19 to 07/28 to South West France to my best friends' country house. Boy I just can't wait I need some sun, sea and party.

Apart from that, Joey and I are waiting on his GED results. He took it on June 20th and 21st, and he thinks he did good except for maths. His teacher told him he just needs to get at least 50% on maths to pass it, so we'll see. It seems they need 30 days to release the results.

No news from a transfer either. They really need to transfer him before I come in November, cause I don't wanna cross half of Florida to go visit him from Bella's all the way up to Raiford.

I hope everybody is fine as well as their loved ones.

Happy 4th to all of you.

Phil
Old 07-01-2005, 05:25 AM
Account Closed

Good morning all my florida loved ones....

Today is my brother in laws birthday Mari.....and tomorrow is yours...Happy Early birthday to you.

Phil, I hope they get Joey transfered real soon for you....

Mari - girl my prayers are with you and James. I know the rollercoaster you two are on right now...And I am happily counting down the days with you on your wedding date.
So glad that you get to see him for three days and yes WE want pictures!!!!!

My mom is doing okay. She is going to have stints put in her right and left left sometime this month, but at least the heart came out ok. They can take care of the blockage by meds. in her heart.

Today will be nerve racking until I get that call from the PD to see if the judge will agree to the new plea deal...

Other than that this weekend is going to be a half lazy 3 day weekend...Might clean house ? maybe, maybe not.....

Hope everyone has a great day...
love Jeanne
Old 07-01-2005, 08:42 AM

Phil ~ Enjoy your holiday!! Lotion up! We don't want you to come back looking like a lobster Phil I think I am just as excited as you are to find out if Joey passed his GED! I have a strong feeling he passed! You still have a good 4 months or so for his transfer. My fingers are crossed for you Phil, as I know how much it would stink to drive up the stinky state of Florida, instead of having the luxury of driving a few minues from Bella's.

Jeanne ~ I am so glad to hear your mother is doing okay! It's wonderful that she is able to be treated with meds. And Jeanne, that judge has got to agree with the new plea deal!!! He just has to!!!! We'll be jumping for joy if/when he does!! Ahhhh will that be sweet!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Account Closed

Mari, I am sitting here on pins and needles waiting for the call to come in.....if they don't hurry and call I am going to end up really hurting my boss. He is so getting on my nerves today....
Old 07-01-2005, 12:05 PM

Default July

Hi! Im new this webpage. I wanted to introduce myself. I am 22 yrs old, live in Miami and my man is currently at Martin Work Camp. He has been in for 3 yrs and has 9 months to go. I too have hired a lawyer to try to get him to work release. His custody was dropped to minimum about a month and a half ago. From here im not sure how long it will take for his custody to go down to community. JamesWifey i read you have a lawyer too, I wanted to know his name , I have a very good feeling its the same one. Hopefully it is , so we can "compare notes".

Thank you
Old 07-01-2005, 12:17 PM

Welcome to PTO Naty!! I am glad you found us. You will find tons of advice and unconditional support here. Hopefully both of our honey's will soon be in Miami's Work Release Center sooner than later! I also sent you a PM!

HUGS,
Mari
Old 07-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Account Closed

Hi Naty, welcome to our daily check in thread. I wish you the best of luck getting him transfered to the work camp..see this is how much I know, I didn't know that lawyers had to be hired to get them transfered to work release....

Mari, did an update on herb...Not what we wanted but he did grant the motion of absentia so we are almost finished. YEA YEA YEA at the time we go to court (because I will be there) the judge will decide at that time for credit of time served and running concurrent with texas. wwwwhhhoooo we are almost done and we will at least have an ending date to all of this...

I love my florida girl/guys...........
Old 07-01-2005, 12:30 PM

Ahhh Jeanne that is wonderful! So now we are just waiting on the judge right? When do you go to court? You will continue to be in my prayers Jeanne!

Cheers to an ending date
Old 07-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Account Closed

Thanks Mari, yes we are waiting for the judge. Once Herb signs the papers and gets them back to his PD a date will be set........THANK YOU GOD.....and we will be done and have an ending date to this beautiful wonderful rollercoaster journey...

but hey I couldn't have done all this with out you guys....

Just think in three weeks and 1 day we will be cheering to your wedding....
Old 07-02-2005, 03:05 AM

Hello all my FL friends! Not much going on here...just the same ole, same ole. God sent me a great blessing today...a boarder to help me with my bills...SSI doesn't go far. My MS and bipo;ar have been doing great now for several months now...maybe the drs. have finally hit on the right meds! That in itself, is yet another example of God's blessings on me! Happy 4th of July!!

Mari~I'm so excited that you and James are getting married, finally! Happy birthday, girl...oh, to be 23 again!

Phil~ Hope Bastille Day and your holidays are great! Also, I'll keep Joey and you in my prayers that Joey will be transferred by November.

Jeanne~ You had a great June and July is starting out looking good for you and Herb. I'll remember your Mom in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Naty:fb:~ Hello and welcome to the PTO family! Glad to have you here.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th!

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that crushed it!
Old 07-02-2005, 07:23 AM

Hello to my Florida Family

Mari, 23??? I am twice your age. All kidding aside Happy Birthday Mari. I'm so glad that you get to spend it with James. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. Your 23 and getting married on the 23rd. Awesome.

Unfortunatley I can't visit this weekend. The Dr. changed my Diabetes medication and I have to start it during the day and stay home in case it crashes. I took it about 10 minutes ago, so far so good.
We got broken into last Thursday night. Some 26 year old on that had been on crack for days. He told the cops he was glad that no one got out of bed because he had a knife and probably would have used it. They didn't catch him at our house, they got his prints when he broke into a Judges house.

On a good note. I got a Condo! I move in August 1st, or sooner if they get it ready before then. I can't believe I finally found something I can afford on my own.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July. Please remember our loved ones over seas. They are the reason we have the freedom to celebrate.

Take care,
Pam
Old 07-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Your My World Anthony

Good Morning,

I wish all of you here on this board a very safe holiday weekend. I will also say a prayer for all of you that are waiting on transfers or visitation and the ones that are sick may god bless you too. Phil I sure hope Joey gets moved before you visit!! Bella will have to bring you to my house she knows the way in the dark,,lol..I would love for you to meet Anthony. Bella is one special person!!

Nothing going on in my life just work and more work. Since my son came home alot of the stress was taken off but new ones with him are added all the time but hes very responsible and landed a wonderful job but never seems to be enough for him. He wants it all and now. I have told him hes alot luckier then some that get out!!!

God Bless you all!!

" Only my mother can feel my pain "
Old 07-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Frenchy Member

Happy sunny Saturday from Paris and I'm stuck at work.

Happy Birthday Mari !!!

Jeanne, congrats on the good news about your mom, and for the motion of absentia. Good luck with the court, please keep us updated.

Naty, welcome to PTO and the Florida forum.

Rosi, good luck with your bills, and good news about your health. I hope everything will be fine with both.

Pam, congrats on your new home. have a smooth moving.

Cathy, I will sure come visit you, especially if Bella knows the way. I suck at directions, I even sometimes get lost in Paris.

Happy 4th everybody.

Phil
Old 07-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Account Closed

Good morning my Florida family.....

Phil if you make it to Cathy's maybe Cathy would let us all gang up at her place to meet you....I think that would be so cool....okay Cathy I am walking away after opening my mouth....

Pam - Yea on your new home.....I think that is so Awesome

Rosi - right there with you on the bills etc.....

Cathy - I am so glad that your son is still doing so well since he got out. I can understand the I want it now thing.....He is really lucky to have such great parents as you and your husband.

Mari - my girlfriend Happy 23rd Birthday.....To only be that young again and to know what I know NOW....hehehehe Hey I am only (or will be in sept.) 20 years older than you....You could be the daughter I never had.....

I just want to thank everyone for being there for me yesterday about Herb...As soon as he gets the papers and gets them back to the PD a court date will be set. And my butt is going to be in that court room......At least it is a start to the end of this journey God has us on.....

Couldn't have made it with out MY PTO family....
Love
Jeanne
Old 07-03-2005, 05:37 AM
Your My World Anthony

Thats fine with Me "Party to meet Phil at my house!!"...Your all welcome to come. Bella loves partys shes been to a couple at my house. So lets do it!!!

Sounds like a prty to me! NAd you can all meet my son and phil!

" Only my mother can feel my pain "
Old 07-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Account Closed

Cathy that would be so great.....when time gets closer to Phil being down I will help you with things.......I am so siked this is going to so cool....

We are off this afternoon to my Dad's house in Orlando. He is having a fish fry for my son T. T passed to high school so my dad asked him what he wanted for passing to high school and T says a fish fry....Me I thought being a teenager he would say MONEY....

Everyone traveling back from their loved ones this weekend please be safe.....
Love ya
Jeanne
Old 07-03-2005, 03:17 PM
He's Home in APRIL!!
Donation Award 

Well, not much really going on here right now. Went and saw the doctor again and he up'ed my dosage for my "Synthroid" medication. So we'll see how this works. But he said it will still be a few months before I start to feel better. Work is work. Busy with the summer visitor's and now this holiday weekend. But it's good cause I like to stay busy instead of just standing around.

I had to work Sat. I was off today..Sunday but unable to visit James. With the holiday traffic and Pepsi 400 traffic and having spent more money than I really could afford the last couple of weeks with the wedding, my vacation, and seeing the doctor and getting new meds again I just couldn't afford to go see him and I work tomorrow on the 4th. So we'll just have to wait and see when I can. He's a little down cause of his family and I really wish there was something more I could do for him. But other than that we are doing GREAT and enjoying married life.

Glad to read everyone is doing great. And Marie I'm glad to hear you and James will be married soon as well. Finally!! I know ya'll are relieved everything is finalized!! I'm happy for you both.

Finally and Forever,
~Spikeswife~

Old 07-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Frenchy Member

Quote:
Pepsi 400 traffic
What do you mean Pam ???

I'm glad you enjoy your married life and I do hope you will soon get the chance to go visit him.

Phil
Old 07-04-2005, 06:10 PM
missin my babe

Hi everyone,
I did not come to florida this weekend, we decided that I would come in two weeks since his family is visiting this weekend. first time since he has been in prison. I have just been working alot, migrant clinic time is alway hectic here, i think we are the first stop as they head north. so right now doing 3 jobs, lol. yes I am a workaholic. Jesse is getting out end of august (I hope) They can't keep him forever or maybe they can. nawwww.
Mari, I was wondering when I saw your counter? Glad it is going to happen the 23rd
though.
And to everyone else, try to stay dry there. I am like 2 hours from the florida border since I am way down at the tip of s.c. and we have got a lot of rain too. but not as much as you guys. HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lub, j'slady
Old 07-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Prince holds my Heart!

Hello all Happy Month of July....:fb: This year is really flying by thank goodness.. Hope everyone is doing well and staying out of trouble this 4th of July evening... All is quite here so far but since I live by the beach I am sure that the fireworks will begin in an hour or so.. I don't mind the noise but my dog will not be happy.. He doesn't like big ole KABOOMS!!! .. Well, I will be leaving this week for North Carolina to see a surgeon and also visit my family and see my niece it's been awhile and I miss her lots..

Phil ~ If I am still here I would love to meet ya.. The Pepsi 400 is a NASCAR Race that they have in Daytona Beach. It's one of the big races they have here the other being the Daytona 500.. So Daytona tends to get real busy and backs up all the freeways..

SpikesWife~ I may have a surprise for you.. My brother is going to be racing in the #8 car (Dale Jr) incase you all forgot about him since he is really having a bad season. He is doing it at Charlotte Lowe's speedway. I know it's just a model of the #8 but I will get ya some pictures.. Hope married life is treating you well, and that work will soon slow down so you can get back to seeing that man of yours..

Jeanne~ Hope all is going well with you and that you are still hangin in there at work.. I soon may be starting work again and going back after being out for awhile (car accident) will not be fun, but it must be done.. What is the deal with all the dang rain lately??? Ugh, I am so over this icky weather luckily today was a gorgeous day at least here in Central Florida.. Glad things are slowly progressing with Herb and yourself it will all work out in the end, at least that is what I keep telling myself..

JamesWifey~ Happy Belated Birthday :fb: !!!!! Hope you had a good one.. See what happens when you don't check in you miss everything....Dang woman aren't you married yet?? I know good ole DOC isn't ready to see loved one's happy.. First Spikeswife and now you guess that is too many weddings for them to handle.. Well, soon enough...

I hope that everyone else is doing well and enjoying their visits and calls. Take care and continue to hang in there..

Kellie

Old 07-04-2005, 06:29 PM

hey everyone! how is it going?
jameswifey = congratualtions on your wedding!

just wanted to check-in and say hi! I'm barely online anymore....i'm feeding my little piggy all the time!
Old 07-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Account Closed

Philly, what a beautiful sight...He is so adorable.....congrats on the wonderful bundle of joy...

Phil - Pepsi 400 - the thing you stay up to watch all night (till 1:30 in the am thank you) to see who wins, because the rain delayed the nascar race

Kellie - girl you had better take pictures or have some made so I can pm you my address so I can mail the pictures to Herb...LOL Dale Jr. is his favorite. He wouldn't care in the world who was actually racing in the car as long as he got pictures....

Spikeswife- so glad that married life is agreeing with you. I wish you a lifetime of happiness. You both deserve it.

J'slady - NOPE they can't keep him forever....that is one thing a member of PTO once taught me....just hang in there and he will be home before you know it..

Our fourth was a quiet one...sent T (my son) to Daytona for the week and I just stayed inside....my neighbors are shooting off guns and fireworks and my dogs outside are going completely crazy......

All I can say is this has been a very emotional, spiritually awakening weekend for me...I have loved every minute of it...
Love Jeanne
Old 07-04-2005, 09:15 PM

Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes!!! I spent the weekend with James and it was wonderful!! He sang to me over an icecream!

Rosi ~ I'm so glad to hear you are feeling well! That is a true blessing!

Butch's ~ I am terribly sorry to hear about the breakin!! Thank God you are okay! I can imagine how scarey that must have been for you. On a much brighter note, CONGRATS on the condo! That is great news. I wish you a smooth move!

Cathy ~ Congrats on your sons new job!! I hope your family is having a wonderful holiday!!

Jeanne ~ That fish fry T got sounds great to me!! Haha!! Congrats on him passing on to high school! You must be so proud

Spikes ~ My fellow James Wifey!! Awww, sweetie I hope you feel better!! I am worried about you girl! Sounds to me like you need to take a few days off work to visit that hubby of yours!!!!

J'slady ~ You workaholic you!! Wow, I'm so happy to hear Jesse is getting out in August. We need to start counting down the days!!

Kellie ~ Hope you're having a nice 4th!! Hopefully you aren't bombarded with KABOOMS all night long I hope your doggy is okay too! We have 5 dogs and they are all going bananas right now. Have a fun and safe trip to NC. Enjoy the time with your family

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!!

Last edited by JamesWifey; 07-04-2005 at 09:18 PM..
Old 07-04-2005, 09:22 PM

Philly ~ What a STUD MUFFIN he is!!! Wow, he is gorgeous!!! I know Daddy fell in love when he saw those pictures. I can only imagine how wonderful it is going to be when you bring him up soon!!!