Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:15 PM
David's DAB

Angry Questions about FACE sheet, Missouri Parole, Length of Sentence

Ok so David's po calls me today from a call I made to him yesterday and left him a message. SO he tells me that David can be released from October 8th up until them not being able to hold him anymore NOVEMBER 8, 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!
I am heated. So he sees the parole board on the 20th of september, and they will I am assuming give him a release date on that day, po said no earlier than 10-8-06 no later 11-8-09. Now how do they determine that and he also said it takes 2-3 weeks to get an answer back from parol, so, how would I know his chances on getting out of Moberly and coming home in october? Any ideas or am I stuck waiting it out? thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Donation Award 

I went back and read your other thread. What I need you to do is get his court papers. I need you to look at those papers and see what the time was that he was sentenced to. Then I want you to ask David what his face sheet says. Then you compare. If the court papers and the DOC papers do not match, then there is a problem. I want you to do this first. If they don't match, then come back here and I will direct you what you can do next.

I AM NOT A LAWYER AND AM DOING THIS ONLY ON EXPERIENCE AND LOTS OF LEARNING! DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING I SAY AS LEGAL ADVICE. thank you
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say

~John Mayer, Say~
Old 08-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Kevins Princess Bride

CHristy, those face sheet are even wrong sometimes!

My husbands says that his release date is 00/00/00 but in his parole papers they says his CR date is 2029 because he closed his file to anymore parole hearing ( which is another story in and of itself).

We're fighting with them now over his face sheet.

Densie
Old 08-30-2006, 09:04 PM
David's DAB

they were wrong and they fixed it so he is not going to have to do 40%. they said he gets out anywhere from 10/8/06 - 11-8-09. it is up to parole. i am just wondering if anyone has had experience in this situation.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Donation Award 

Not only do the face sheet list the wrong out dates, they list plain wrong information! They have my husband as a member of 3 gangs! Okay! He isn't even in one! Never has been! But he told me that you get one every year when you are r.c.'d and you should really look at if for errors. There are so many people in the system that there are bound to be errors. That's why it is so important to look at them and go over them with a find tooth comb. Bring it to the caseworker and tell them it's wrong. And as for sentencing, always go by the court documents.

Jadensmom...it will be up to the parole board when he sees them next month to decide if he will do the 40%, more or less. They can release under the guidelines on a case by case basis or they can hold him until the end. It's a crap shoot and all dependent on his actions in prison. Also it is dependent on his crime and time. There are so many variables to getting parole that it's impossible to keep up with. It depends on him. And only him. NOthing else matters other than him with the parole board. What you need to do now is write a letter to the parole board and tell them about what he has done to improve himself, to learn from his mistakes. DO NOT talk about wanting him home, you miss him, his kids need him. They don't care. I'm not saying this to be mean, it's fact. When I said it was all about him, I meant it. The parole board feels that if he was such a good father, husband, person he wouldn't be where he is. All they care about at this point is seeing he is remorseful, has learned from his experience. Tell them he will have your support, his families support and if he has a job to go back to, tell them that. It's very important that the parole board sees that he has outside support. It lessens the opportunity for recidivism in their eyes.

Write that letter TODAY and mail it. Have other family members write it TODAY and mail it. Friends, jobs, all of it...get it out soon! That way it will be in his file when he goes in front of them.

Say what you need to say

~John Mayer, Say~
Old 08-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Kevins Princess Bride

Make sure you send the letters to the parole board themselves!!!

My husband had over 100 letters written on his behalf and they were sent to his IPO and she THREW THEM AWAY!!!!! They never made it to the file or the parole board. This was in Bowling Green though, where they are crazy. Matter of fact, sent it registered!!!!!!!

Denise
Old 08-31-2006, 08:49 PM
David's DAB

so if he is in moberly correctional center i should send them to his po in moberly?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADENSMOM
so if he is in moberly correctional center i should send them to his po in moberly?

NO!!!!
Send these letters to the parole board in Jeff City.

Say what you need to say

~John Mayer, Say~
Old 09-01-2006, 08:02 AM

You can also email them the letters. Written letters are very nice and Christy your advise on the what should be in the letters is right on.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Donation Award 

E-mail is good, but I, personally, think that a written letter shows that you took the time to sit down and think it through. It's more personal.

Say what you need to say

~John Mayer, Say~
Old 09-01-2006, 01:26 PM

That is good advise, yes letters are great. I have done both the letters and emails, and if you email the right person they might just email you back with some useful informations. Which is what happend in my case. Now this didnt get my guy parole but we got questions answer that we needed answered in a timely manner through email. I think it really depends on the situtation. But I totally agree letters work no matter how you send them.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:53 PM
David's DAB

would anyone happen to have an address to write to? i am not being lazy, just not sure who and do i address it to someone or put anything special on the envelope?
so the po in moberly i spoke to, chris morrison will be there with jeff city board or does the board just send the letters 2 moberly

I did this for david in clayton and the judge told him that he got the letter and he was not impressed and let me tell you it was a damn good letter
Old 09-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Donation Award 

The address is

Missouri Department of Corrections
Division of Probation and Parole
1511 Christy
Jefferson City, MO 65101

Just address it Dear Sirs. It doesn't have to go to anyone in particular. Just make sure his name and inmate number are on there and that your contact information is there.

This has absolutely nothing to do with his institutional po. That person is there only for the inmates and has nothing to do with the board. the board makes the decisions, not the PO. All he can do is give a reccommendation. This will not go to Moberly at all. Only the Parole Board. I have another thread on here that has a sample letter. Check that out and it will give you a better idea of what to write.

Say what you need to say

~John Mayer, Say~