Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:18 AM

Default New, help please...looking for info - husband at Jesup FSL

My husband ss to Jesup FSL on August 18 and I have not heard from him yet and I am a nervous wreck. This is the first time that he has ever been in any kind of trouble, so we were expecting probation. Unfortunately, it didn't happen that way. He was sentenced to 18 mths and when the judge read the sentence about five guys carried me out the court room, but not in a nice way. We have been together for 6 years but married for only one. I feel completely lost without him because I've always had him to turn to. We moved to Ga a few months ago and only had each other besides our son, no friends and no other family. I went with him to ss and it was about a 4 hr drive.I guess that's good condsidering the other guy was sent about 8 hrs away. He had to get processed at the FCI and to my knowledge as not yet been moved to the FSL. Does anyone know the time frame for this to happen and when he'll be able to make a call. Also, any additional info regarding Jesup will be greatly appreciated. I really need some words of encouragement too. Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry so long...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2006, 11:03 AM

Welcome to PTO, know you are not alone now for the people here either are going to prison, have returned from prison, or have a friend or loved one in prison. We are everywhere and most people never know. Cant help on information, but go to the search function right below your welcome on the toolbar and click on search and put Jessup GA in and then read the threads. When I first signed on here I spent a long time reading the post that were up to 6 months old, that way you can get a feel for what this site is about. Stay strong and keep coming here. A lot of people will PM a member if they want more info on sensitive issues so feel free, most members are open to the PM feature. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:09 AM

Hello and welcome to PTO
Old 08-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Missing Him Like Crazy

greetings u should feel blessed my boyfriend was just recently sent away for 7 years and this was his first offense, he was sent to morgantown he ss on August 20 he was able to call from his counselors office once on August 21, but I have not heard back from him his money was suppose to post no later than today but I have not heard from him yet, just give it sometime u should hear from him soon, Keep your head up u can make it

Old 08-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

Old 08-24-2006, 01:49 PM

I still haven't heard from my husband yet and it's becoming very depressing. Over the lpast few days, I have actually been doing better than I thought I would be, but now I've started to cry. It's just really hard for me not knowing what he's been going through so far. It would be a lot easier if I could just hear him say he's okay. This is the longest I have gone without seeing or talking to him in the past 6 years.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:54 PM

You will hear from him soon. It generally takes about a week for his phone list to be approved (does he have funds in his commissary account?). Often, the counselors will allow them to make a call from their office but apparently if this happened you were not at home.

He was probably over at the camp within a few hours. Rest assured that if he was not moved to the camp, he was kept segregated from the inmate population at the higher security levels.

During his first couple of weeks he is going through orientation with all of the other new arrivals, getting fitted for clothes, helping to clean his unit, and worrying about you worrying.

Stay close to your PTO family. We are here for you 24/7.

Source: Bureau of Justice Statistics

Last edited by SusanT; 08-24-2006 at 01:56 PM..
Old 08-24-2006, 02:57 PM

He still hasn't been moved to the FSL yet. He did take some money in with him so hopefully he'll call soon. His co-defendant was sent to Coleman and on the bob site it already has his release date, but my husband's is still showing as unknown. I'm assuming it's the same since they got the same amount of time. I'm just worried that where my husband is, they're taking their time getting him processed. I think he at least deserves a phone call, if only to say he's fairing well so far.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:00 PM

The first few weeks are the hardest for you both, something new is always stressful and the BOP experience is by far one of the worst. There are three little things you need to learn about the system

1. You can not deal rationally with an system that is irrational.

2. Even if it had been policy for years rules can change in 10 minutes.

3. If you dont have a sense of humor and irony at the start of this journey you will have to learn to develop one fast.

I hope you hear from your hubby soon and things settle down for both of you. Read the post on PTO and get to know the different people, when you feel that whatever you want to ask or say is too personal for public eyes use the PM feature to someone whose post you have admired. Accept that you will live for the mailman and phone calls and that 15 minutes phone time goes fast. You will get through this and there are people on this forumn who will help. Bless you and know that you are in prayers all over the country. Till later....
Old 08-24-2006, 03:22 PM

Don't assume that because his designation isn't listed on the website that he isn't there yet. Again, even if he isn't, he isn't in with higher security inmates.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:32 PM

I know he's there because I went with him to ss. His release date is showing as unknown and since the other guy's is showing, I just figured they were taking there time. I called and all they said was he's getting processed. Does it usually take this much time? This is my first time dealing with the prison system. I just would like as much info as possible. Thanks for understanding.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:55 PM

He is processed (as far as getting through R&D & to his bunk) in 2-4 hours. Then he spends a couple of weeks in orientation, getting fitted for his clothes, and helping to clean his unit. If by processing you mean the paperwork, they move at a snail's pace but that isn't affecting him in any way.

I remember one of our members spent about 30 days in the SHU (segregated housing unit), AKA "hole" because they did not have a bed for him. After a couple of weeks at the camp dealing with all the noise thought he might like to go back where all he had to do was lay on his bunk and read with peace & quiet.

What exactly are you worried about?

Old 08-25-2006, 11:25 AM

Default Feeling a whole lot better

I finally receive a called from my husband today. He was moved to the FSL today and was able to call from his counselor's office. It will be another 3-5 days until his phone account is set up but I can deal with that since I know he's holding up okay. Now I can rest a little easier. My first visit is planned for next weekend. I hope everything runs smoothly. He said he tried to write me but the letter was returned today because of something about the address. Anyway, thanks to everyone who responded to my worries. Your words are greatly appreciated.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:02 PM

That is great. You will feel so much better when you get to actually see and touch him.

Start posting in the Federal General Prison Talk and you will likely get quicker responses now that you've introduced yourself.

We're here for you 24/7

Old 08-31-2006, 04:25 PM
FELIXSGAPEACH

Hey and welcome. I am Kim and my husband is at Jesup FCI. He has been there for 4 years and has 14 months left. I know the facility pretty well. I usually go down every weekend. I live about 2 hours north of Jesup. My husband will be at the FCI the whole time due to an immigration hold. That is what he is in for, an immigration violation and he got 77 months so please stay strong and know that you can handle this. I have done it so far and I know you can to. The first few months are the hardest but it does get somewhat easier. If you feel like chatting please PM me and I will give you my home number.
What part of Georgia are you located?

Take care,
Kim