Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Georgia General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia subforum.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Truly, Madly, Deeply

Thanked 1,228 Times in 834 Posts

Alright kae, enough poking fun at us! We got a light dusting of snow last night and everything is CLOSED! Kid you not, schools, daycares, stores, etc... It's like a ghost town around here for snow *dust*!!!!!

And we're more in love and happier than ever!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2010, 09:39 AM

When the department has something the maintenance people can't fix they have to contract out. Companies have to put a bid in if its over a certain price to fix and then the administration picks the company that makes the lowest bid. This is a policy that is done with all state/local government agencies. So it is possible that they are working as fast as they can. A lot of our prisons in georgia are older and draftier too, which makes them harder to heat no matter what is done. Right now, I'm in my office and my hands are FREEZING. Cooler temps also keep the spread of germs and illness down. And yes the officers get space heaters, because they can be trusted with them. While most inmates could be too, there are the few that have ruined it for the many when it comes to things like that. We have a small new building here that is very up to date and inmates this morning have told me that they just couldn't get warm last night. Sometimes its just that cold no matter where you are.
I post this to say, that just because things are taking longer than one would like, it doesn't mean that things aren't being done about them. However, I do agree that living like that is a horrible way to live and maybe they should work to keep people more informed of what is being done to assess the situation.

Hopefullly I can help those on the outside, understand what's happening on our side as well as their loved one's side!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdchfd For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (01-08-2010), Mommy4Two (01-08-2010)
Old 01-13-2010, 01:27 PM

Well they did finally get the heat back on several days ago. So he is fine.
But I do know that keeping it colder does keep the germs down. Also the walls being cement blocks I would think, would also keep it colder. I understand how our government works, very slow, in the process of getting bids and all. But I do believe when it comes down to human beings freezing, they should pick up the speed a little.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tmorris125 For This Useful Post:
Mommy4Two (01-13-2010)
Old 01-25-2010, 04:35 PM
MissinMyBaby

Why is it so cold??? It's so cold b/c Ga prisons have no heat, in the dorms or cells...I know Calhoun State, Arrendale, and Bainbridge does not have any....hubby says he freezes...When i was in Arrendale we bout froze to death...we werent allowed to wear our hats or jackets in the buildings crazy huh??? we had 2 very thin blankets and to top it off 90% of the time it was cold showers..

Something DOES need to be done, but any complaints fall on deaf ears if it concerns the Ga DOC, Grrrrrr....They DO NOT care!!!! I mean they wouldnt leave their pets to freeze...and believe me it's just as hot in the summer as it is cold in the winter...No ac or fans and 110* inside...

I have an put them in there to live with what lil the inmates have for a while, feed them the food 'not fit for humans, no heat, no air, no medical attention, make them wear shoes that are 2 sizes too small, then MAYBE somethings would change. notice i did say "MAYBE"....

I lOoK So MuCh BeTtEr WeArIn' HiS LaSt NaMe
Today Tomorrow Always
~H I S W I F E 4 L I F E ~