Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Illinois Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 05-29-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post
Does anyone know how GTL messaging kiosks work as far as times they’re open for messaging, or does the inmate have to stand in line or do they sign up on a list?

I know the facility my friend is at has 2 kiosks for 140 guys and they only get 15 minutes each to view and reply, but I’m not sure of how it works turn wise. I’d ask but snail mail takes forever and I don’t want to waste messaging time with my bs.
My brother has been down for 8 years. in that time 3 prisons so far. (not counting county jail prior to sentencing.)

He is almost always in places with one or two phones available to at least 100 or 200 other inmates. I pay $40.00 a month for him to call 2 times a week, 25 minutes each time. It is convenient is that i try to remember days and times that he is in some class or other or attending church. i also read the cdcr in my daily emails.

Last, I am a disabled veteran who works on my hobbies most days. We rarely miss each other.

P.S. I have been paying this amount of money on Global Link since 2014!

from Arkansas to Folsom prison
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaynepaulghetto For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-30-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
You're so lucky... mine STILL haven't gone through I want to email again, but like... I've already sent 5 since Saturday so.. idk what's taking Dixon so long.

My husband is also in Dixon. I sent him an email a few days ago and he still hasn’t received it.
The Following User Says Thank You to BOVANDO For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOVANDO View Post
My husband is also in Dixon. I sent him an email a few days ago and he still hasn’t received it.
Have any emails come in FROM him to you? I got one last night that my guy sent Sunday, but nothing else. Hopefully today the emails from us here in the free world will be pushed through.

Nice to meet a fellow Dixon’er!

@JG - yeah you’re right. I should’ve chosen a better word. GTL gets me so frustrated sometimes. It’s a blessing and a curse.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:39 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Have any emails come in FROM him to you? I got one last night that my guy sent Sunday, but nothing else. Hopefully today the emails from us here in the free world will be pushed through.

Nice to meet a fellow Dixon’er!

@JG - yeah you’re right. I should’ve chosen a better word. GTL gets me so frustrated sometimes. It’s a blessing and a curse.
I had hoped for Dixon when J got violated but no such luck got stuck at “Pettyville” instead I swear that place is ridiculous!

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 05-30-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
I had hoped for Dixon when J got violated but no such luck got stuck at “Pettyville” instead I swear that place is ridiculous!

Your guy was at Dixon at one time though, right?

Why does Pettyville suck? (all I've ever known was Dixon though mine was at Menard and Hill I think over his 16 years in prison)
The Following User Says Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 08:08 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Your guy was at Dixon at one time though, right?

Why does Pettyville suck? (all I've ever known was Dixon though mine was at Menard and Hill I think over his 16 years in prison)
He was a long time ago, this isn’t his first rodeo. Oh they’re horrible. They cut dayroom constantly back to 40 minutes, they shut off the phones mid day room to mess with them (becuz phone fights aren’t already bad enough right-8 phones times 135 inmates with one hour out), they lockdown for days for the stupidest shit, they gave him a red id so he can only go in one quadrant of yard and isn’t allowed out to night yard becuz of it. if his hour out falls on Thursday morning and not at 1pm that whole sections dayroom is canceled becuz of commissary. So that’s every third week. They hold amazon delivered books for 4 weeks, but if I mail a used book he gets it within a week, they do not provide them a pillow or mattress they must purchase it. What about those poor souls who don’t have outside help?! It seems like a basic necessity to me. They have his outdate wrong and I have literally spoken to like 15 different people they all just pass you around. And it’s SO FAR! Maybe cuz it’s a level 2, idk? The positive?! They give extended visits pretty easily so good for that! He’s just stuck in his cell 22 hours a day, the 2 hours out should be given regardless of how a CO is feeling or commissary. He barely moves. Maybe I’m just not used to this level of security, but he calls it pettyville

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 05-30-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
He was a long time ago, this isn’t his first rodeo. Oh they’re horrible. They cut dayroom constantly back to 40 minutes, they shut off the phones mid day room to mess with them (becuz phone fights aren’t already bad enough right-8 phones times 135 inmates with one hour out), they lockdown for days for the stupidest shit, they gave him a red id so he can only go in one quadrant of yard and isn’t allowed out to night yard becuz of it. if his hour out falls on Thursday morning and not at 1pm that whole sections dayroom is canceled becuz of commissary. So that’s every third week. They hold amazon delivered books for 4 weeks, but if I mail a used book he gets it within a week, they do not provide them a pillow or mattress they must purchase it. What about those poor souls who don’t have outside help?! It seems like a basic necessity to me. They have his outdate wrong and I have literally spoken to like 15 different people they all just pass you around. And it’s SO FAR! Maybe cuz it’s a level 2, idk? The positive?! They give extended visits pretty easily so good for that! He’s just stuck in his cell 22 hours a day, the 2 hours out should be given regardless of how a CO is feeling or commissary. He barely moves. Maybe I’m just not used to this level of security, but he calls it pettyville

All of that sounds so terrible I've heard in Illinois you can petition to transfer once every 6 months or so? Will he be able to do that?
Old 05-30-2019, 10:16 AM

I just got another one from him today that was sent early Monday morning... but none of mine have been pushed through.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:31 AM

This email shit sucks! I received a response saying that my email that I sent was approved. Nothing received from him yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to BOVANDO For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
This email shit sucks! I received a response saying that my email that I sent was approved. Nothing received from him yet.

I just had 3 of 6 approved (they were sent Saturday/Sunday).

It's really a curse and a blessing isn't it?? I hope you get an email from him today!!!!
Old 05-30-2019, 11:36 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
All of that sounds so terrible I've heard in Illinois you can petition to transfer once every 6 months or so? Will he be able to do that?
He can if he can get the red id resolved but it’s not looking so good right now becuz of his background. High escape risk I guess but clearly he’s not going anywhere it would be impossible and stupid af. No one gets away... lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2019, 02:40 PM

Anyone have any issues with the network loading? Have to keep refreshing, then kicks you back out? How about, them stealing your credits for emails? I literally purchased 20 credits, have only sent 4 and it’s already telling me I have no credits. Stupid shit kept freezing up on me as I was sending the email, had to refresh and start all over. I wonder if they charged me for that.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:27 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Anyone have any issues with the network loading? Have to keep refreshing, then kicks you back out? How about, them stealing your credits for emails? I literally purchased 20 credits, have only sent 4 and it’s already telling me I have no credits. Stupid shit kept freezing up on me as I was sending the email, had to refresh and start all over. I wonder if they charged me for that.
Are you sure your LO hasn’t used my for someone else?

Old 06-03-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:

I come across the occasional glitch where it'll say I have no credits, and when I try to buy credits the card is declined. But within an hour or so, everything is normal again.

Has yours returned to normal?
Old 06-18-2019, 01:31 PM

I really just need to bitch that GTL is driving me insane. None of the emails I've sent have been pushed through since Thursday. I've got one I sent Thursday evening at like 10p EST that's still waiting, and of course 2 or 3 from the weekend.

My LO's facility was supposed to dole out the tablets yesterday, but idk if they have because none of my messages have gone through, and none have come in from him, and I don't even get to talk to him again until Thursday so... arrghh.. I hope the turnaround time is quicker with the tablet, rather than the normal 24-96 hours it takes.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:52 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
I really just need to bitch that GTL is driving me insane. None of the emails I've sent have been pushed through since Thursday. I've got one I sent Thursday evening at like 10p EST that's still waiting, and of course 2 or 3 from the weekend.

My LO's facility was supposed to dole out the tablets yesterday, but idk if they have because none of my messages have gone through, and none have come in from him, and I don't even get to talk to him again until Thursday so... arrghh.. I hope the turnaround time is quicker with the tablet, rather than the normal 24-96 hours it takes.
They’re on full lockdown that’s prob part of it

Old 06-18-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
They’re on full lockdown that’s prob part of it

F*** -- I wonder since when??? God I hope everything is ok.. wtf; shit now I'm worried.. I've always seen partial lockdowns, but I've never seen full... what does this mean???
Old 06-18-2019, 03:07 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
F*** -- I wonder since when??? God I hope everything is ok.. wtf; shit now I'm worried.. I've always seen partial lockdowns, but I've never seen full... what does this mean???
Probably a fight. Don’t worry it happens. And in the summer months even more cuz staff goes on vacation, etc. they’re beck down to partial. The. Visiting room is out of control cuz of Father’s Day I’m sure. I check this link every day:

https://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facil...formation.aspx

Old 06-18-2019, 03:26 PM

[quote=jessesgirl1111;7781539]Probably a fight. Don’t worry it happens. And in the summer months even more cuz staff goes on vacation, etc. they’re beck down to partial. The. Visiting room is out of control cuz of Father’s Day I’m sure. I check this link every day:

My man hasn’t received emails from me since Friday. They were all cleared and I have received his but he has yet to receive mine. We were supposed to have a video visit last week but it was cancelled due to technical issues supposedly. That poor man has been on lockdown for nearly a month now due to flooding. They finally allowed them to have some rec time last Tuesday and again today so at least he is able to move around some.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:21 PM
Donation Award 

[quote=hisprincess2019;7781543]
Quote:
Probably a fight. Don’t worry it happens. And in the summer months even more cuz staff goes on vacation, etc. they’re beck down to partial. The. Visiting room is out of control cuz of Father’s Day I’m sure. I check this link every day:

My man hasn’t received emails from me since Friday. They were all cleared and I have received his but he has yet to receive mine. We were supposed to have a video visit last week but it was cancelled due to technical issues supposedly. That poor man has been on lockdown for nearly a month now due to flooding. They finally allowed them to have some rec time last Tuesday and again today so at least he is able to move around some.
That’s ridiculous. The tech stuff is cuz of the tablets I’m sure. I’ve been thru the flooding. There’s 2 more inches of rain coming this week. Menard sheen on full lockdown for almost a month now becuz of the flooding.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:18 PM

Are they not doing anything to address the flooding??? Wtf
Old 06-18-2019, 06:23 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Are they not doing anything to address the flooding??? Wtf
They can’t. It happens every year. Menard is literally up against the Mississippi River and the way it slopes it floods the parking lots, yard, etc. Before J was transferred last month the whole lower max unit was flooded and they couldn’t even use their fans becuz of the electrical and all the water. Menard is a hell hole

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
hisprincess2019 (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 06:53 PM

My son is not at Menard but says the kiosks are rarely used because phone calls are so cheap now.

We message back and forth 3-4 times/day depending on my schedule. We love it - its hard for me to take phone calls during the day because of my call schedule. However, love, love, love the email system.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (06-18-2019), jessesgirl1111 (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 03:01 PM

another day another no emails going thru (well except the one I sent Thursday night, that’s the only one that went thru). *sigh*
Old 06-22-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
another day another no emails going thru (well except the one I sent Thursday night, that’s the only one that went thru). *sigh*
The same thing is happening at Menard. I get his emails more than he gets mine. I'm getting emails stating that my messages have been approved so not sure why he is not getting them. I sent him a card 2 weeks ago with some pics (nothing racy) and he hasn't received yet. We are able to talk everyday but he is getting depressed because we are unable to see each other (it's been 5 weeks now) because of the damn flooding. We thought we might be able to see each other early next week but with the rain we just had and more coming it is looking more like next weekend or the first week in July. Any ideas on what I can do to keep his spirits up? I hate hearing him sound so sad on our calls.