Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:50 PM

Default Telmate Kiosks

I have been having a blast with this new company...lol. thought I would send along some information for Portlanders who may use the Telmate Kiosks. I went to Columbia River Correctional Institution today to add funds to the phone account. They will not allow adding of funds unless you come during visitation. So I jumped across the river to the Clark county jail, they use Telmate as well, but you cannot add funds to anyone who is incarcerated in Oregon. Big bummer...you would think since it is Telmate you could add funds anywhere...
It was kind of funny cause there was a guy there from Telmate fixing the machine who was walking me through it and was like "of course you can add funds for any inmate in any state" we both found out a few minutes later that was not the case. He called someone in their technical support who also told us I couldn't do it.

Just wanted to pass this along so no one makes any unnecessary trips.
The Following User Says Thank You to zachsgirl4ever For This Useful Post:
Zelda50 (07-04-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,824 Times in 3,077 Posts

I wonder if the one at the Washington County Jail would work for Oregon inmates in DOC or if each kiosk only works for the institution it's located at. If I had more time, I'd go check it out.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:08 PM

The Telmate representative said they are state specific. So you can go anywhere in Oregon and they will work for an inmate in Oregon. Unfortunately Washington county is too far to travel for me....
Old 07-03-2012, 05:29 PM

I used the Washington county jail kiosk and it let me put $ into his phone account it just charged me a fee because he's at srci in malhuer county? That's what they told me when I called and asked why I was charged a fee.