Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:10 PM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingFor2025 View Post
We're finally able to go visit my husband next weekend, so excited as we haven't seen him since they moved him there in April. Any tips or recommendations? It's going to be me, our 8 year old daughter and my mother inlaw. We're coming from 6 hours away so I just want to be prepared.
Make sure to bring tons of clothes. Because the CO's are off the hook and I mean it.. ESPECIALLY PORK CHOP!. (That's the name of a CO!)

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
The Following User Says Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
WaitingFor2025 (10-21-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2016, 02:20 PM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Always take change(s) of outfits with you in case one of the COs objects to what you are wearing. Here's a link to the Victorville visiting rules.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/instit...isit_hours.pdf
Thanks!.
It's just too bad that they don't follow those rules at all!. They do whatever they want.. I saw some pretty bad things taking place in the visiting process by the CO's.. If there's any advice I could give it would be to make sure your there really early.. because 9:10am is count and if you miss the cut off. They do not and will not start taking numbers until 11am and if it's anything like last week. You will not touch back there until 1:00-1:30pm... Its brutal! And if that's not enough.. Pork Chop may stand up and yell okay folks visiting is now over..!
And it's only 2pm!. OMG!.

I'm speaking from experience... No hear say...
💯😔

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
801Melody (11-16-2016), WaitingFor2025 (10-21-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 11:15 AM

FOR REAL!!! Lyte Bryte you are SO speaking toooo much truth! If they'd stop being so inconsistent and changing up the rules and making it conditional to their personal standard or how they are feeling then it wouldn't be such a terrible process!!!

Which one is Pork Chop!?? The one that typically yells out?

Monday when I came back to pick up my Mother-in-law when they finished their visit, I had my sis-in-law check if they were in the waiting room. She came back to tell me no. Then a white truck pulled up behind us and told us to leave and what we were doing. I told him I was there to pick up my in-laws from visiting and he said I couldn't wait and I had to leave. I told him their visit was done 5 mins ago and he said to go and come back. So I left and returned 5 mins later and walked in only to have the female CO tell me, "I had my guys kick you out because you can't have people come in here like that. I was calm and explained to her that I was there to pick up my in-laws from their visit. She told us we couldn't wait there. So I asked how was she supposed to contact me if there is no phone to do so and she shrugged her shoulders and told us to leave. We left, but I was so pissed off at that point. We were gone for almost an hour and returned and they had kicked my in-laws out in the rain and told them they can't wait in the waiting room area nor use their restrooms. In ALL the years I've been visiting we've NEVER had that experience before and frankly, these workers continuously make it difficult and treat us as if we're criminals as well! I'm getting so sick and tired of the mistreatment yet when we stand up for ourselves our LO's get slack for it and the process takes years and if that it rarely is addressed. EVERY single person I've met and talked to when in the waiting area has nothing but horror stories and negative experiences as well as their LO. Their policies don't mean a damn thing! It's all based on what they feel is in their best interest and it depends on who is working. #SICK&TIREDoftheBS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-02-2016), Lytebryte (11-02-2016), WaitingFor2025 (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 12:58 PM

I'm heading up there this weekend so hopefully the BS will be limited. I decided to just let my mother inlaw go by herself and work out any kinks since it would have been his first visit there and I didn't want my daughter to be crushed if they turned us away. My husband did say he heard a rumor that they were supposed to be putting the vending machines back this week, has anyone else heard anything?
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingFor2025 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 02:58 PM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801Melody View Post
FOR REAL!!! Lyte Bryte you are SO speaking toooo much truth! If they'd stop being so inconsistent and changing up the rules and making it conditional to their personal standard or how they are feeling then it wouldn't be such a terrible process!!!

Which one is Pork Chop!?? The one that typically yells out?

Monday when I came back to pick up my Mother-in-law when they finished their visit, I had my sis-in-law check if they were in the waiting room. She came back to tell me no. Then a white truck pulled up behind us and told us to leave and what we were doing. I told him I was there to pick up my in-laws from visiting and he said I couldn't wait and I had to leave. I told him their visit was done 5 mins ago and he said to go and come back. So I left and returned 5 mins later and walked in only to have the female CO tell me, "I had my guys kick you out because you can't have people come in here like that. I was calm and explained to her that I was there to pick up my in-laws from their visit. She told us we couldn't wait there. So I asked how was she supposed to contact me if there is no phone to do so and she shrugged her shoulders and told us to leave. We left, but I was so pissed off at that point. We were gone for almost an hour and returned and they had kicked my in-laws out in the rain and told them they can't wait in the waiting room area nor use their restrooms. In ALL the years I've been visiting we've NEVER had that experience before and frankly, these workers continuously make it difficult and treat us as if we're criminals as well! I'm getting so sick and tired of the mistreatment yet when we stand up for ourselves our LO's get slack for it and the process takes years and if that it rarely is addressed. EVERY single person I've met and talked to when in the waiting area has nothing but horror stories and negative experiences as well as their LO. Their policies don't mean a damn thing! It's all based on what they feel is in their best interest and it depends on who is working. #SICK&TIREDoftheBS
Yes! That's Porkchop!😶😳

I am so sorry about them throwing your love ones out in the rain... This is just awful! Im standing here in tears. This has to stop really. Regional is there right now and they are acting like things are fantastic but they aren't at all...

801Melody (11-16-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 03:05 PM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Quote:
I'm heading up there this weekend so hopefully the BS will be limited. I decided to just let my mother inlaw go by herself and work out any kinks since it would have been his first visit there and I didn't want my daughter to be crushed if they turned us away. My husband did say he heard a rumor that they were supposed to be putting the vending machines back this week, has anyone else heard anything?
I almost fainted last week after visiting because I have very low iron and I needed to eat something urgently. So I was trying to grab something out of the car and here comes the white truck... I'm leaving Sir!...

In addition, I'm experiencing some bad lower back pain from bending over two tables away to communicate with my LO. Because we do want to talk about our family issues without the whole room hearing...This set up is awful and really unfair!

I feel so bad for all of us who drive or fly over 300 miles for this bullshit...!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
801Melody (11-16-2016), WaitingFor2025 (11-04-2016)
Old 11-04-2016, 05:29 PM

Does anyone know if the USP is on lockdown? I haven't heard from my husband all day and when I try calling the operator no one answers. I'm supposed to go down and visit this weekend but I don't want to drive 6 hours with kids if they're on lockdown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaitingFor2025 For This Useful Post:
801Melody (11-16-2016), Lytebryte (11-04-2016)
Old 11-04-2016, 05:43 PM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Quote:
Does anyone know if the USP is on lockdown? I haven't heard from my husband all day and when I try calling the operator no one answers. I'm supposed to go down and visit this weekend but I don't want to drive 6 hours with kids if they're on lockdown
They were for a little while this morning but they're back out... �������������������������������������������� �� 1:20pm I received an email informing me of their fucked up morning! ������������I'm coming down 6 1/2hours...

WaitingFor2025 (11-04-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 10:48 AM

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone was able to visit and everything went as smooth as it can? I'm hoping to go Thanksgiving weekend, but really hoping nothing happens before then. If you're visiting this weekend, safe travels to you all and I pray all goes well for your visits and LO's. Have a good day
The Following User Says Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
WaitingFor2025 (11-17-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 04:41 PM

Default Lockdown?

Anyone know if they are in lockdown today?
Old 12-22-2016, 06:03 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

I know they've had a few short ones the last few days, but I did get email earlier this afternoon.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:08 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
I know they've had a few short ones the last few days, but I did get email earlier this afternoon.
Thank you! I got one shortly after I posted. I guess I should be more patient lol
Old 12-28-2016, 10:58 PM

Anyone know if they are in lockdown??? I haven't heard from my husband.... no emails no calls!!!!!
Old 12-31-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado87 View Post
Anyone know if they are in lockdown??? I haven't heard from my husband.... no emails no calls!!!!!
Call the prison and ask if they are having visit today and tomorrow.. They usually won't give you personal information about your loved one like tell you if they are in the SHU or anything like that. They will tell you wait to hear from your loved one.. So I usually call and ask if there are visits. If I call and ask to see if there is a lockdown, occasionally the officer will question why I want to know if there is a lockdown.
The Following User Says Thank You to RGs_love For This Useful Post:
WaitingFor2025 (01-06-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 03:27 PM

Default Lockdown??

Second day I haven't heard from my man. Anyone know if they are on lockdown??
Old 03-15-2017, 03:47 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

I haven't heard from my guy all day, so i think something''s up
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sueshe For This Useful Post:
junies01985 (03-15-2017), Lytebryte (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 05:02 PM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Yeah 3B is on lock down at USP!. ��

junies01985 (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 05:12 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

I got an email saying they had just come off lockdown....
The Following User Says Thank You to sueshe For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 05:20 PM
I知 impatiently waiting!💯

Well that's great I hope so but I just called 20 mins ago and they said they are on lock down and no clue when they would be off!.����

Old 03-15-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytebryte View Post
Well that's great I hope so but I just called 20 mins ago and they said they are on lock down and no clue when they would be off!.����
So if you call they will give you that info? Even if it's not a visiting day? I wonder if all the units are on LD or just some.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:24 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

I just wrote him and asked if anyone else was still locked down... I'll updatewhen he gets back to me.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:19 PM

My guy emailed me at 4:11pm saying they were off LD..
Old 03-15-2017, 08:14 PM

I called around 5pm and they said some units are still on lockdown and not sure when they will be off.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 AM
inamoodforamelody

Default Victorville USP...nightmare

USP Victorville is the worst of the worst! My son was designated there in error by the DSCC in Jan 2017...he finally got his redesignation done and is in the process today of being transferred to VVM which is Victorville FCI II. We were able to help him with outside resources to get his score corrected and a redesignation done in just three months but his claim is that the staff there treats inmates worse than animals! No matter what a person has done, no matter what their crime, no one deserves to be treated as badly as the staff at USP Victorville treats inmates. And that includes clinicians. He was started on his meds for bipolarism and oromandibular dystonia right away however on March 4th they stopped his medication cold turkey when it is supposed to be tapered down. No explanation..no justification...from that point on he was treated like an animal and had we not intervened with our outside resources, his redesignation would have taken up to a year! That place is just awful...do whatever you can to get transferred out...and if you have to go thru an Administrative Remedy Process (ARP) be sure to file it at the level of the denial if your BP8 was denied. A little known change in 2010 to the BOP Program Statement that hasn't even been published online yet, allows inmate's to file their ARP to the level that denied them. So if their BP8 was denied by Regional or Central, then they can skip the next level and file it up to the level that denied their BP8. The USP staff won't tell them that and will let them go thru that entire ARP process, waiting the 30 days, then 40 days, then another 40 days...make sure your LO know this for any ARP claim!

Last edited by inamood; 04-20-2017 at 10:53 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inamood For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-20-2017), Hurley123 (06-11-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 11:21 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,063 Times in 12,741 Posts

His custody level designation error wasn't done at Victorville, but rather in the designation center in Grand Prairie, Texas. The incompetence is much wider spread than "just Victorville".
https://www.bop.gov/locations/grand_prairie/