Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1926  
Old 08-09-2016, 03:34 PM
j_lynn j_lynn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 44
Thanks: 1
Thanked 74 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801Melody View Post
So the hug/kiss is still ok at the beginning and end of the visit!? Thank you ladies for sharing. I'm heading down next weekend Because I come from out of state I usually get there around 730a/745a and post on the side of the main road if they won't let me park earlier lol THANK YOU so much for the info!
The hug and kiss at the beginning and end is still ok and what they have been doing in the mornings is that they let everybody park in the parking lot but they do not let people go into the building until 8:15 and they make you wait in your car until a few minutes before and then you can line up outside by the parking lot. Just remember who drives in right after you so you can kind of gauge your place in line because some people do try to rush to the front, if I got here at 7:30 and people get there at 8:10 and are trying to get in front of me it's just rude and irritating.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to j_lynn For This Useful Post:
801Melody (08-10-2016)
Sponsored Links
  #1927  
Old 08-10-2016, 03:08 PM
801Melody 801Melody is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 82
Thanks: 57
Thanked 71 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Ok, so like before. I've been there a few times where the ladies make sure it's set right and I love that they do that! I'm driving down next weekend from Utah with my mother-in-law and daughter. Anyone else heading down?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (11-02-2016)
  #1928  
Old 08-14-2016, 01:12 PM
julzb's Avatar
julzb julzb is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 372
Thanks: 221
Thanked 341 Times in 196 Posts
Default

Does anyone know if Victorville Medium is on lock down. I called their phone number and it rings continually.
Reply With Quote
  #1929  
Old 08-17-2016, 01:52 PM
ladysb ladysb is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2016
Location: tx
Posts: 12
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

My love hit me an said that there was a riot in another unit and he thinks that they're going to be locked down smh I hope not
__________________
missing my love sb3
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ladysb For This Useful Post:
801Melody (08-29-2016)
  #1930  
Old 08-17-2016, 04:50 PM
sueshe sueshe is offline
sueshe
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: missouri usa
Posts: 203
Thanks: 54
Thanked 155 Times in 89 Posts
Default

I sure hope not too..but if so, I'm praying ithat doesn't come to it too. But I do think believe they keep taking away everything they can and keeping them all on edge so something happens and then they can lock them down more and more. They really suck.
Reply With Quote
  #1931  
Old 08-17-2016, 05:45 PM
julzb's Avatar
julzb julzb is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 372
Thanks: 221
Thanked 341 Times in 196 Posts
Default

They werent on lock down. I got to visit but it did not turn out great. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #1932  
Old 08-21-2016, 12:22 PM
ladysb ladysb is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2016
Location: tx
Posts: 12
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzb View Post
They werent on lock down. I got to visit but it did not turn out great. Thanks.
Is visiting really that bad I hread a couple stories about the co's an how they treat people I was planning to go visit next month
__________________
missing my love sb3
Reply With Quote
  #1933  
Old 08-27-2016, 02:22 PM
julzb's Avatar
julzb julzb is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 372
Thanks: 221
Thanked 341 Times in 196 Posts
Default

Visiting in the USP or the FCI? The USP is not a pleasant visit. The c.o.s really want to make you feel uncomfortable it seems. I used to visit there. It was always so cold it was maybe 60 inside and they wore heavy coats and gloves etc. but here we were sitting there turning blue. They have flown over the podium to drop a man who they believed to have drugs in his mouth. I really doubt he did and I saw this happen 3 different visits. The dress code is more then strict. They want that shirt to be all the way up to your neck. Even the women who work there dont know what cleavage is and any skin showing to them is cleavage. Cleavage is when you see the crease of the bossoms. And so the heck what if that shows anyway? But truthfully they made people change constantly. They decided my shoes werent high enough in the back... for real had to go buy new shoes. I am fat and over 50 ... not a threat to have men dropping dead because they can see my ankles or anything like that. LOL... Anyway I hope it goes well for you. If it is medium they are not quite as bad although they have you separated by two tables instead of one like in USP which makes no damned sense. They do what they want really. Its their game.
Reply With Quote
  #1934  
Old 08-29-2016, 09:19 AM
801Melody 801Melody is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 82
Thanks: 57
Thanked 71 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysb View Post
My love hit me an said that there was a riot in another unit and he thinks that they're going to be locked down smh I hope not
Was the riot in USP or medium I/II?
Reply With Quote
  #1935  
Old 08-29-2016, 09:20 AM
801Melody 801Melody is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 82
Thanks: 57
Thanked 71 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Is anyone going to visit this weekend at USP? I'm heading down with my daughter, but if they're locked down please let us know. I've called every day since last week and it was fine. Hoping this weekend it'll be good...
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-29-2016), Lytebryte (11-02-2016)
  #1936  
Old 09-06-2016, 01:28 PM
801Melody 801Melody is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 82
Thanks: 57
Thanked 71 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Hey ladies!
I just got back last night from visiting this past weekend. I spoke with a guard and he said they will NOT be bringing the vending machines back in to visiting ever. It's permanent for now. He also said it is a lot of work for them and a hassle and he's happy to have it gone. Guess that answers that question; no surprise!

Just wanted to know how everyone was and hopefully those who came out this past weekend had a safe drive back.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
RGs_love (09-26-2016)
  #1937  
Old 09-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Lytebryte's Avatar
Lytebryte Lytebryte is offline
I知 impatiently waiting!💯
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Bay Area(Nor Cali)
Posts: 186
Thanks: 449
Thanked 112 Times in 78 Posts
Default This Should Be Illegal!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801Melody View Post
Hey ladies!
I just got back last night from visiting this past weekend. I spoke with a guard and he said they will NOT be bringing the vending machines back in to visiting ever. It's permanent for now. He also said it is a lot of work for them and a hassle and he's happy to have it gone. Guess that answers that question; no surprise!

Just wanted to know how everyone was and hopefully those who came out this past weekend had a safe drive back.
So everyone is to starve while visiting? Does anyone know what happened that caused them to be taken out anyways?!
__________________

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
Reply With Quote
  #1938  
Old 09-06-2016, 10:33 PM
julzb's Avatar
julzb julzb is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 372
Thanks: 221
Thanked 341 Times in 196 Posts
Default

Must be that ass SHREK. Ugly dirty biker guy whos uniform never looks clean? Hmmm.. he is the one who always thinks people are hiding drugs in the snacks. LOL... um, you make everyone open the bags wide then you stare at the computer screen the whole time they eat them. I think maybe someone should look closer at HIM. He is the guy who throws down inmates right in the middle of visitation in front of women and children with no regard to safety.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to julzb For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (10-01-2016)
  #1939  
Old 09-12-2016, 09:25 AM
801Melody 801Melody is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 82
Thanks: 57
Thanked 71 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytebryte View Post
So everyone is to starve while visiting? Does anyone know what happened that caused them to be taken out anyways?!
My hubby told me he thinks it's because they had a riot and that they've also done some construction in each of the units and shuffled everyone around during that lock down. He was moved twice to cells that had no light for weeks, they also do not have rec time with everyone as before. They have chow and rec with specific units and everyone within the units are all different so they're adjusting to being with all new people in their units. They were fed bologna sandwiches and very minimal portions of that sack breakfast/lunch/dinner until the last week of their lock down where they started to get hot food. They compensated the small portions by giving honeybuns and sugary items. The cells are still either freezing cold (like during visiting) or humid & muggy. He also told me when it's muggy inside the fruit flies come into the cells through the vents and some times it's a ton of them.

There's still speculation as to if the Warden actually died, but no one knows for sure, however, from the staff that were injured in that incident apparently someone did die.

The overall visiting process hasn't changed much. THANK GOD the embrace before & after are still allowed. It was difficult to not have the chance to eat with him as usual; my daughter was starving and it made her real antsy so we left a bit earlier on the first day, but even though we ate a big breakfast she was still hungry and thirsty during the visits. It's a long time to go without. Putting the vending machines in the waiting area makes no sense. We aren't in there long enough to need it anyway. Since the staff rotated, this crew is great in processing people faster to get back to visit. There still isn't ever enough toilet paper either and they were asking for quite a few volunteers to leave which I still don't understand because it wasn't even that packed.

I hope everyone is doing well as well as their loved one. It was also great to meet more of you and talk. It helps in easing the hardship of going through this process. Some days are better than others, but it's super comforting knowing there are others who understand. Have a great week! Hopefully I meet more of you in person as I continue to visit!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (10-01-2016)
  #1940  
Old 09-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Lytebryte's Avatar
Lytebryte Lytebryte is offline
I知 impatiently waiting!💯
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Bay Area(Nor Cali)
Posts: 186
Thanks: 449
Thanked 112 Times in 78 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801Melody View Post
My hubby told me he thinks it's because they had a riot and that they've also done some construction in each of the units and shuffled everyone around during that lock down. He was moved twice to cells that had no light for weeks, they also do not have rec time with everyone as before. They have chow and rec with specific units and everyone within the units are all different so they're adjusting to being with all new people in their units. They were fed bologna sandwiches and very minimal portions of that sack breakfast/lunch/dinner until the last week of their lock down where they started to get hot food. They compensated the small portions by giving honeybuns and sugary items. The cells are still either freezing cold (like during visiting) or humid & muggy. He also told me when it's muggy inside the fruit flies come into the cells through the vents and some times it's a ton of them.

There's still speculation as to if the Warden actually died, but no one knows for sure, however, from the staff that were injured in that incident apparently someone did die.

The overall visiting process hasn't changed much. THANK GOD the embrace before & after are still allowed. It was difficult to not have the chance to eat with him as usual; my daughter was starving and it made her real antsy so we left a bit earlier on the first day, but even though we ate a big breakfast she was still hungry and thirsty during the visits. It's a long time to go without. Putting the vending machines in the waiting area makes no sense. We aren't in there long enough to need it anyway. Since the staff rotated, this crew is great in processing people faster to get back to visit. There still isn't ever enough toilet paper either and they were asking for quite a few volunteers to leave which I still don't understand because it wasn't even that packed.

I hope everyone is doing well as well as their loved one. It was also great to meet more of you and talk. It helps in easing the hardship of going through this process. Some days are better than others, but it's super comforting knowing there are others who understand. Have a great week! Hopefully I meet more of you in person as I continue to visit!




Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the riot was in the Chow hall?
So what the hell does the vending machines in the visiting area have to do with the riot from 3 months ago? Literately, what did the machines have to do with it?.
Unless I'm messing some information.. The machines had nothing to do with that riot... Nothing at all!.,
But they have decided to punished EVERY PRISONERS FAMILY AND FRIENDS?!. Total BULLSHIT!.
I wonder how long does the administration believe they can continue to treat these men like animals, before they SNAP, AND things get ugly again?!

SMFH
__________________

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
801Melody (09-12-2016), julzb (09-12-2016)
  #1941  
Old 09-12-2016, 01:45 PM
801Melody 801Melody is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Utah
Posts: 82
Thanks: 57
Thanked 71 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytebryte View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the riot was in the Chow hall?
So what the hell does the vending machines in the visiting area have to do with the riot from 3 months ago? Literately, what did the machines have to do with it?.
Unless I'm messing some information.. The machines had nothing to do with that riot... Nothing at all!.,
But they have decided to punished EVERY PRISONERS FAMILY AND FRIENDS?!. Total BULLSHIT!.
I wonder how long does the administration believe they can continue to treat these men like animals, before they SNAP, AND things get ugly again?!

SMFH

Your thoughts are exactly my thoughts as I was talking with the CO. He had no care in the world about it other than it made his job easier when they basically just sit there the whole time watching the screen and making announcements and opening doors. The riot was in the chow hall and what they've changed makes no sense to me either ESPECIALLY with the changes in visitation. I did hear they had a huge amount of visitors supposedly trying to bring drugs/contraband into the food (so far fetched to me) so that was a reason to put it there but then why put it in front if that was the problem??? Who knows what the new warden will be like and implement but I hope the petition that was being put together is still gonna happen to at least shed light on the continued issues in this particular prison alone! I know there's a LOT of those in there who are trying to transfer out because of everything...
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
julzb (09-12-2016), Lytebryte (09-28-2016)
  #1942  
Old 10-01-2016, 10:43 AM
MedinaE MedinaE is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 16
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

does anyone know if this facility is on LD?
Reply With Quote
  #1943  
Old 10-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Lytebryte's Avatar
Lytebryte Lytebryte is offline
I知 impatiently waiting!💯
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Bay Area(Nor Cali)
Posts: 186
Thanks: 449
Thanked 112 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedinaE View Post
does anyone know if this facility is on LD?
I talked to my guy today.. I hope not...
__________________

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
Reply With Quote
  #1944  
Old 10-01-2016, 10:11 PM
RGs_love RGs_love is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA,US
Posts: 159
Thanks: 137
Thanked 65 Times in 48 Posts
Default

I'm suppose to go visit my guy tomorrow Sunday.. I last heard from my guy today at 11:00am through CorrLinks and still haven't heard from.. I should have gotten a call by now since he always double checks to see if I'm visiting.. Whens the last time anyone heard from their loved one today? I hope there's no lock down..
Reply With Quote
  #1945  
Old 10-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Lytebryte's Avatar
Lytebryte Lytebryte is offline
I知 impatiently waiting!💯
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Bay Area(Nor Cali)
Posts: 186
Thanks: 449
Thanked 112 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGs_love View Post
I'm suppose to go visit my guy tomorrow Sunday.. I last heard from my guy today at 11:00am through CorrLinks and still haven't heard from.. I should have gotten a call by now since he always double checks to see if I'm visiting.. Whens the last time anyone heard from their loved one today? I hope there's no lock down..
Last night!. But nothing this morning..
__________________

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
RGs_love (10-02-2016)
  #1946  
Old 10-02-2016, 10:05 PM
RGs_love RGs_love is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA,US
Posts: 159
Thanks: 137
Thanked 65 Times in 48 Posts
Default

I finally heard from my guy early. He called me to say they locked down his section last night. So I got to visit him today and he told they locked his area because one of the COs said someone was throwing rocks at him. Good thing I got to visit, got in lil late but it was good.
Reply With Quote
  #1947  
Old 10-14-2016, 11:45 PM
Lytebryte's Avatar
Lytebryte Lytebryte is offline
I知 impatiently waiting!💯
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Bay Area(Nor Cali)
Posts: 186
Thanks: 449
Thanked 112 Times in 78 Posts
Default What can I wear to visit in USP VICTORVILLE??

Don't know if I'm posting this in the right place but I need to know what I can wear to visiting at USP Victorville I hear that the guards trip off of other things other than the policy so I don't want to waste my time going the wrong in the clothing... i'm driving 6 1/2 hours that's the last thing I need is some bulllshit at the door!.
__________________

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
Reply With Quote
  #1948  
Old 10-15-2016, 06:28 AM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 28,953
Thanks: 45,656
Thanked 22,063 Times in 12,741 Posts
Default

Always take change(s) of outfits with you in case one of the COs objects to what you are wearing. Here's a link to the Victorville visiting rules.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/instit...isit_hours.pdf
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (10-21-2016)
  #1949  
Old 10-15-2016, 06:53 PM
WaitingFor2025 WaitingFor2025 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 23
Thanks: 26
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Default

We're finally able to go visit my husband next weekend, so excited as we haven't seen him since they moved him there in April. Any tips or recommendations? It's going to be me, our 8 year old daughter and my mother inlaw. We're coming from 6 hours away so I just want to be prepared.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingFor2025 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (10-21-2016)
  #1950  
Old 10-16-2016, 07:40 AM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 28,953
Thanks: 45,656
Thanked 22,063 Times in 12,741 Posts
Default

There are many posts about what others have encountered when visiting at Victorville. Be sure to not confuse the ones about camp visits with those about the other security level prisons.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
lockdown, usp victorville

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
United States Penitentiary - Big Sandy fudgiesgirl Other Federal Prisons 3366 07-17-2019 07:20 PM
United States Penitentiary - Lompoc TragicsLady Other Federal Prisons 160 04-29-2019 01:49 PM
How many have ties to a United States Penitentiary? kintml2u Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 164 04-26-2019 09:39 PM
United States Penitentiary Lewisburg janicel Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information 8 07-28-2009 03:34 PM
United States Penitentiary, Some History kintml2u Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues 0 04-24-2004 08:54 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics