Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Im impatiently waiting!💯

Unhappy Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingFor2025 View Post
I'm new to all this - what's the RDAP program? My husband just got transferred to USP Victorville after spending 90 days in the SHU. He also lost visits and phone calls for a year so we were really excited to be able to email but from what I'm reading they're constantly on lockdown
Hello,
My name is Mya. how are you? Welcome to this lovely informational place! 😊Hopefully you have a better run with USP than some of us. Yes, they are on lock down and have been on lock down for a good while now.. And from what the men have been explaining to their families. It's going to remain this way until Mid August...

It really sucks, because you hear about the warden being stabbed up pretty bad at the FCI II Med and those men are off lock down already and have had another incident take place. So they went back on lock down. And if I'm not mistaken their back off lock down already. . So for our guys to be on lock down still is crazy..

But for whatever/unknown true reasons, USP has been locked down for two months over a riot/race fight.. Not saying it as the fight wasn't also serious.. But my Goodness! They can't keep our men locked down forever..

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
Ladydae (07-11-2016), WaitingFor2025 (07-10-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2016, 07:16 PM
Im impatiently waiting!💯

Smile Your the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl75 View Post
How is everyone doing and how are your men?? Going on 2 months with only bologna sandwiches for lunch and dinnner....my man is losing weight rapidly....possibly getting off lockdown August 1st....may be longer.
I really appreciate you sharing the updates from your man... There's so many ppl just 👀 around and a lot of the small answers needed but will never lyword. SMH!

Anyways,

Thank you!.🙏🏾

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
Old 07-10-2016, 07:26 PM
Im impatiently waiting!💯

Default Try reaching out to his counselor!

Quote:
If he has lost visits and phone calls, I will be surprised if emails will still be allowed.

Thanks!!! Honestly the lack of communication is horrible. For the first month he was in the SHU they never told him he lost his visits so I went to visit - made it past the pat down, metal detector and actually sat in the visitation room waiting for him. About 45 minutes of waiting they asked me to follow them back up to the front and advised he couldn't have visits. So ya it wouldn't surprise me if his email privileges were taken away too and we just don't know it yet.[/quote]

Praying for the best!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
maytayah (07-11-2016), WaitingFor2025 (07-11-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 06:54 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,063 Times in 12,741 Posts

I'm assigned to all of the federal forums, but Victorville is usually the busiest one, by far.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:26 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,963 Times in 4,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytebryte View Post
Thanks!!! Honestly the lack of communication is horrible. For the first month he was in the SHU they never told him he lost his visits so I went to visit - made it past the pat down, metal detector and actually sat in the visitation room waiting for him. About 45 minutes of waiting they asked me to follow them back up to the front and advised he couldn't have visits. So ya it wouldn't surprise me if his email privileges were taken away too and we just don't know it yet.
Praying for the best![/quote]

As far as I remember inmates in the shu do not have CorrLinks email access. My ex lost his while he was in there.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-11-2016), WaitingFor2025 (07-11-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 05:58 PM

Default Thanks

Thank you all for your responses! My husband was in SHU at FCI Phoenix until they could transfer him out so he should hopefully be in gen pop at USP Victorville.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:43 AM

Default Lockdown again

there is no general population they have been on lockdown for the last six months and no end in sight....give or take a few days of freedom...damn everyone is lying down and taking this...no end in sight..when they are let out again after three months what do you think will happen ...another violent incident .....no visits no email no phone calls...nothing for a very very long time til Captain and Warden are let go....there are thirteen hundred men here and many more family members how come I only know of only a few women that are strong enough to stand up to the system...damn they are starving our men...no school no jobs no yard nothing aint nothing gonna change...til you have can stand up...the system is broken.....they are so hungry eating meat that that cannot be described.....no sunlight no hope ....how long do they suffer...let me know if this falls on deaf ears....I have fought for my man since the day he was incarcerated...it is truly so bad here at Victorville...no medical no jobs no hope....wow does it take someone taking their life to make people wake up...where are the loved ones ...my heart breaks for these men....why the silence...are you that much afraid???
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-12-2016), Kali2Veg2Kali (07-13-2016), Ladydae (07-19-2016), Nette&Timmy (07-13-2016), WaitingFor2025 (07-12-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 04:27 PM

I fear the same thing - these men have been locked up in cages like animals for months going through anxiety, boredom, hunger, loneliness, anger and other emotions. What's going to happen once they let them off lockdown - these men have to have some outlet or things aren't going to end well. Does anyone think all the shootings on innocent man by police officers going on right now affect our men in prison and lockdowns? Also are they allowed to buy commissary while on lockdown?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WaitingFor2025 For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (07-12-2016), Kali2Veg2Kali (07-13-2016), Ladydae (07-19-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I fear the same thing - these men have been locked up in cages like animals for months going through anxiety, boredom, hunger, loneliness, anger and other emotions. What's going to happen once they let them off lockdown - these men have to have some outlet or things aren't going to end well. Does anyone think all the shootings on innocent man by police officers going on right now affect our men in prison and lockdowns? Also are they allowed to buy commissary while on lockdown?
Every two weeks they can purchase stamps envelopes batteries and a few other things...no food of any kind. As for the tragedy in Dallas well Anything is possible with this USP..my man said they are being retaliated for what happened at Med 2 over two months ago with the slashings. Med 2 has been off lockdown for over a month why are our men still locked down like caged animals??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-13-2016), Kali2Veg2Kali (07-13-2016), Nette&Timmy (07-13-2016)
Old 07-13-2016, 01:09 PM

Default My heart aches for the USP Victorville inmates

Quote:
I'm new to the Prison Talk forum! My oldest brother is currently in USP Victorville, made the transfer from Rhode Island a few months ago, so he could be closer to us, but now we are having 2nd thoughts about the whole transfer thing! If we would have known that they "LIVE ON LOCKDOWN" we would've never pressed the issue for the transfer.
On top of it all my nephew, my brothers' only son was murdered on Saturday night/Sunday morning (Father's Day weekend) in Rhode Island & this is how he has to deal & manage the pain & loss of his only son, by remaining caged, for months??!! We haven't been able to speak with him, they only let him talk on the phone twice (to hear the news that his son was murdered & to make final arrangements/decisions for his sons burial) We just want to hold our brother, console him, cry with him (because we know its coming the day of the visit) & see him!!!
My heart aches for ALL the inmates, because we don't honestly know what EVERYONE ELSE may be experiencing on this "HORRENDOUS LOCKDOWN"
Sorry for my rant/vent, but this is really inhumane to treat human beings (men) this way!! My prayers & blessings go out to ALL in this world, victims/non victims! LET GOD BE THE FINAL JUDGE OF IT ALL, HE DOES HAVE THE FINAL SAY!! PRAYERS & BLESSINGS!!!
Old 07-13-2016, 03:30 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,063 Times in 12,741 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk and to the federal forums. I'm sorry about your family's tragedy and how much more difficult it is made because of Victorville's warden, in addition to the never ending lockdown there.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:26 PM

I got a phone call earlier today and they are on modified lockdown for the first few days. Hopefully there is visiting this weekend or the next!
The Following User Says Thank You to j_lynn For This Useful Post:
Ladydae (07-19-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 07:21 PM

Angry

Ladies, can we do anything to help our men??? I'm not afraid, just tell me what I need to do, I miss my love, and can't stand him bein mistreated, and Starved!!!!
Old 07-19-2016, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_lynn View Post
I got a phone call earlier today and they are on modified lockdown for the first few days. Hopefully there is visiting this weekend or the next!
Me too! I got a call and emails.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bearsie For This Useful Post:
Ladydae (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 01:15 PM

My hubby emailed me yesterday early afternoon (1237pm) He says it'll probably be a few days before normal operations resume. Still pushing for change in this facility. Was anyone able to conference call? I've been out of the country? Hope you ladies are doing well and your men are ok despite the conditions...
Old 07-19-2016, 04:36 PM
Wife

I got a call yesterday and today email yesterday ... Still praying
Old 07-19-2016, 04:57 PM

My hubby just called me at 344pm mst (244p his time). They're only allowing all of USP 5 mins phone calls for now until further notice...
The Following User Says Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-19-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 04:34 PM

I got another 5 min phone call today. My hubby says they're only allowing 5 min phone calls still, but they were let out today and not given a time of when they're locking down. I hope you've all heard from your loved ones as they slowly transition off lock down? Be safe ladies and hang in there!
Old 08-02-2016, 11:26 AM

I just got an email from my husband. Something just happened and he said they might get locked down. He said it didn't look serious but you never know. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bearsie For This Useful Post:
801Melody (08-02-2016), Ladydae (08-04-2016), WaitingFor2025 (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 02:50 PM

My hubby emailed me last night and said its been super crazy lately and he works as well and its been overly busy. He's supposed to call me tonight IF nothing happened, but thank you Bearsie for the update! I appreciate it!
The Following User Says Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
WaitingFor2025 (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 04:37 PM

I just got another email. They didn't lockdown. Thank god!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bearsie For This Useful Post:
801Melody (08-08-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Has anyone gone to visit yet? If you did how was it? Any other new changes with visiting!? Just wondering because I want to go visit ASAP! Please share if you have! Thank you!
Old 08-08-2016, 06:13 PM

Yes, I went to visit 2wks ago, all vending machines r in waiting room, no eating in visiting, but I hear they have a petition going around to bring the vending machines back to visiting area..oh a be there EARLY, bfore 8a or around 8a..I got there at 815, and the waiting room was already full..enjoy ur visit!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shay039 For This Useful Post:
801Melody (08-09-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 11:45 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801Melody View Post
Has anyone gone to visit yet? If you did how was it? Any other new changes with visiting!? Just wondering because I want to go visit ASAP! Please share if you have! Thank you!
I have gone every day and all the same rules as before the lockdown. I did notice that on Saturday and Sunday this last weekend they were processing people a lot faster, they actually did 19 people for the 8:30 one and I have never seen that before. I went today and it took an hour to get back there and it was empty
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j_lynn For This Useful Post:
801Melody (08-09-2016), fbopnomore (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 10:26 AM

So the hug/kiss is still ok at the beginning and end of the visit!? Thank you ladies for sharing. I'm heading down next weekend Because I come from out of state I usually get there around 730a/745a and post on the side of the main road if they won't let me park earlier lol THANK YOU so much for the info!